• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
See a psychologist, I had similar issues and it's been helping me a ton.

I see a psychiatrist, but only every 7 weeks or so. I cancelled my last appointment, on April 1st, though, because I had too much going on.

I haven't brought this up to her before, because I didn't realize that it was a problem until recently.

univbee

I haven't brought this up to her before, because I didn't realize that it was a problem until recently.

Started seeing mine mostly for that issue and progress is good (been a few months) with a bit more to go.

Especially important for me with how terrible the CAD has been and price adjustments that resulted.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Zomg USD:CAD is at 1.26.
Guys, 1.20 might actually happen by E3. Games back to $69.99 and $48 with E3 30% off pre-orders. Let us pray together to this man:

Cg_CoyWU0AAbrhj.jpg

EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif

univbee

Guys, 1.20 might happen by E3. Games back to $69.99 and $48 with E3 30% off pre-orders. Let us pray together.
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif

I know economists earlier were predicting further badness and I have a hunch, especially for pre-orders, they will hedge their bets (much like the PSVR bundle is $700 when it should really be $650).

Going to pray anyway.

ohlawd

dude man if I were Amazon et all, I would not put up new games at 69.99 even if the dollar is worth 1.25. even at parity, I wouldn't. I'd ride the high price train for as long as possible

Trogdor1123

Guys, 1.20 might actually happen by E3. Games back to $69.99 and $48 with E3 30% off pre-orders. Let us pray together to this man:

Cg_CoyWU0AAbrhj.jpg

EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
EWmof.gif
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif
p0QHO.gif
It won't come down well after its above that. I don't see them being so quick to drop prices as they were to increase

etta

my hard graphic balls
I know economists earlier were predicting further badness and I have a hunch, especially for pre-orders, they will hedge their bets (much like the PSVR bundle is $700 when it should really be $650).

Going to pray anyway.

dude man if I were Amazon et all, I would not put up new games at 69.99 even if the dollar is worth 1.25. even at parity, I wouldn't. I'd ride the high price train for as long as possible
Yea, they'll probably going to take their sweet time with it.

Trogdor1123

Amazon will be the first to drop, they are about market share, not profit at this time

kswiston

As a mostly PC guy these days, I'm just happy we are getting back to the point where sales outside of Steam are actually worthwhile.

khaaan

There was some discussion about the Atelier games last week, right? Escha & Logy (Vita) is on sale for 23.99 with PS+. No PS3 Atelier games on sale though.

Edit: Nevermind,

The entire Arland Trilogy is also on sale for Vita, but not ala carte. $40 for the three.

vulva

If I ordered something from the best buy website but decided I didn't want it anymore (unopened etc) could I just return it in store or do I need to ship it?

Maddog

If I ordered something from the best buy website but decided I didn't want it anymore (unopened etc) could I just return it in store or do I need to ship it?

Return in store is fine. You just need to print off the receipt from your order page.

Started seeing mine mostly for that issue and progress is good (been a few months) with a bit more to go.

Especially important for me with how terrible the CAD has been and price adjustments that resulted.

See a psychologist, I had similar issues and it's been helping me a ton.

It's tough being on GAF because so many (average) games get hyped or have a small but vocal fan base. Easy to get caught up and soon a backlog appears. Some will insist games like pikmin and w101 are GOTY, VR gets mass preorders even though we've barely seen any games, PSN and Xbox live monthly sales are so tempting to add $5 game here and $8 indie game there, could go on and on.

Doesn't help that there's no game rentals anymore and controllers cost like $60-$80.

In other words, really niche stuff ends up getting hype that individually we may simply not get into at ANY point because of lack of appeal. Hence wasted $$$$ and a backlog.

Tapejara

Amazon finally shipped my Mega Man Legacy CE.

And on the topic of spending too much/shopping addictions, I think I should talk to my psychologist about it. I promised myself I wouldn't go over $200 this month and I've spent more than that. Been this way for months now.

TechJunk

For those that played it, Until Dawn is good?

Looks like a game I would have enjoyed with my ex. But playing this alone.. I think I'll pass.

My wife always loves watching me play scary games, and I'm a big wuss for with jump scares. We had some great laughs cause the PS camera records your reaction to a scare. Had the crazy leg shakes and almost threw my controller at the wall on one of them.

So ya, probably better to play with someone there, it's more of an interactive story, but it was a lot of fun.

sikkinixx

Amazon finally shipped my Mega Man Legacy CE.

And on the topic of spending too much/shopping addictions, I think I should talk to my psychologist about it. I promised myself I wouldn't go over $200 this month and I've spent more than that. Been this way for months now.

Took my wife giving me supreme shit to finally look at my massive Amazon pre order list and realize even at $~55 per game and really think "how much will I play this? Do I even WANT to play Quantum Break or did I just order it because it's a deal?" Or all the "fuck it's only $10!" For games I will never ever play.

I'm actually playing my backlog now. It's very odd.

Thanks, I bookmarked it for future use!

do it, man. pretty good value. $1.26 is already nice for Shantae and Affordable Space Adventures but beating the average is pretty good too for Freedom Planet and Rhythm Thief. average price is about $13.3 CAD though

I bought the first nintendo bundle, so I'm most likely going to get this one as well. I just wanted to wait until the hidden games are revealed.

Thanks, I bookmarked it for future use!

I bought the first nintendo bundle, so I'm most likely going to get this one as well. I just wanted to wait until the hidden games are revealed.

If you buy the $1 tier now and the price increases for the beat the average, you can upgrade at the price it was when you bought it.

kevin1025

Banned
The Rainbow Six Siege deal at Best Buy says it ends on the 26th (yesterday as of a few minutes ago) but is still active. Good till the new flyer or is it really done?

hmm, that demon wars audiobook set that they're selling on the humble bundle. is that worth the $15?

I mean, the price point is great and all, but is the series actually any good? I've never read any of R.A. Salvatore's works before.

Ventara

While debating whether to BTA for the Humble Nintendo Bundle, I looked up prices for the physical copy of Rhythm Thief on ebay and Amazon since I prefer physical, and wow, I guess this game is rare or something. It's $60+. So yeah, I guess I will BTA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom