• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

No_Style

No NX until March 2017 is fine but no NX at E3 kills any software announcements and the ability to apply 30% off E3 promo. :(

Now we'll have to settle for potential 20% off one offs.

so for yall who managed to get Zelda Wii U preorder for roughly $55 on amazon, you still keeping the orders or waiting for a deal on the NX version? or maybe keep the order to play on NX (possibly BC)?

JazzmanZ

Well I for one am glad that there practically no more Nintendo games for the rest of the year after June, which means I can save up some money to buy some overpriced games I've been meaning to want...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I think I buy things as a coping mechanism.

It's not just games. Actually, it's more controllers I don't need, and random stuff, like multiple pencil crayon sets for the anxiety-reducing colouring I do.

That, or boxer pants.
Couldn't pick a worse hockey team to be a fan of then :(

Cynar

No NX until March 2017 is fine but no NX at E3 kills any software announcements and the ability to apply 30% off E3 promo. :(

Let's hope for cyber Monday Amazon deal like last year then. 30% can still happen!

Ryne

so for yall who managed to get Zelda Wii U preorder for roughly $55 on amazon, you still keeping the orders or waiting for a deal on the NX version? or maybe keep the order to play on NX (possibly BC)?

I still have my BestBuy order for 45 bucks, so I'm definitely keeping that one.

Kyolux

I still have my BestBuy order for 45 bucks, so I'm definitely keeping that one.

Same here. I may try to exchange it for the NX version after if I end up getting that. But right now, I think the NX is a pass for me. I'm going to wait a few years and get it when there's a bunch of games I want, or Wonderful 102.

frequency

I don't really care about graphical improvements or fancy shiny new tech. I do care about my money though. So I'm keeping my cheaper Wii U order.

I probably won't get NX right away anyway. I still haven't moved on to PS4/XBO since there aren't enough games I'm particularly interested in yet.

killroy87

Yup, the no NX at E3 thing really throws a wrench into my plans lol. Looks like I'll be using those 20% off preorders at best Buy deals more than I usually do.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
It renders the Wii U utterly useless to me, so I'll be getting rid of this thing as soon as possible and just go for the NX version.

killroy87

I'm keeping the Wii U order for now, but I couldn't really tell you why. Assuming they launch at the same time, I'll 100% be getting the NX version.

Firestorm

Gonna hold onto my $45 Best Buy Wii U version and see what the NX version adds. Can always sell it I guess and upgrade.

Though maybe I should just sell my Wii U now too.

@the guys disscusses what plat to get the next Zelda on, take this with a grain of salt.
The Gamecube version of Twilight Princess is in way more demand by collectors. Its around $55-$60 while the wii version is $10~

There's so many sweet xbo&ps4 games coming this year not even thinking about anything else. Past year Ratchet, ROTR, Grav rush, sunset O, KI, Puyo puyo Tetris, Forzas and Ori have been so much fun. Amazing gen so far, exclusives have been great.

Quick

Banned
Small deal: get 1 free movie for signing up and completing your profile with the Atom app for iOS and Android.

Major catch is it doesn't work for Cineplex. I'm not sure about other chains, but I was only able to get tickets from Landmark Cinemas.

https://www.atomtickets.com/

Firestorm

My friends and I often go to Landmark since it's cheaper, less crowded, and better times on 2D movies along with being right on the Skytrain line at New Westminister.

Will try it out!

Quick

Banned
My friends and I often go to Landmark since it's cheaper, less crowded, and better times on 2D movies along with being right on the Skytrain line at New Westminister.

Will try it out!

I also looked up getting tickets for Civil War, and the app offered me a dollar off my ticket too.

Not sure if that's also a one-time thing. Pretty neat in any case.

iphys

This will be my second consecutive year of not pre-ordering anything. Honestly, I don't know if I would have pre-ordered NX games anyway because I just don't have enough faith in Nintendo anymore to risk being an early adopter again.

This will be my second consecutive year of not pre-ordering anything. Honestly, I don't know if I would have pre-ordered NX games anyway because I just don't have enough faith in Nintendo anymore to risk being an early adopter again.

You don't risk much considering most Nintendo first party remain full price their full life period (Mario 64 DS, please...)

@the guys disscusses what plat to get the next Zelda on, take this with a grain of salt.
The Gamecube version of Twilight Princess is in way more demand by collectors. Its around $55-$60 while the wii version is $10~

The Wii version got a Nintendo Selects re-release.

Fun fact: since our dollar is low it's now $24.99 instead of $19.99.

Couldn't pick a worse hockey team to be a fan of then :(

'tis true. And baseball team, it seems.

It was nervewracking at the end of the season, as I worried the Leafs wouldn't finish last and would screw things up as per usual. But they did 'well' and will hopefully get the lottery pick.

If not, I'll be pissed.

But I've had other, more important/awful things to deal with that I've been trying to cope with.

Small deal: get 1 free movie for signing up and completing your profile with the Atom app for iOS and Android.

Major catch is it doesn't work for Cineplex. I'm not sure about other chains, but I was only able to get tickets from Landmark Cinemas.

https://www.atomtickets.com/

The closest Landmark is 30 minutes from me, but this is awfully tempting.

zroid

Banned
The console and price have not been formally announced yet.

Games and their prices not being "formally" announced has not stopped Best Buy and the like from listing them before. I would argue Zelda NX is more formal than plenty of other games, it actually has a release date (month), and was posted by the official Nintendo of America twitter.

Quick

Banned
Yep. I'm in BC, ordering tickets from the New West theatre if that matters.

Either they didn't offer it up for me yesterday, or I scrolled right past it. I ended up getting a ticket to Keanu for tomorrow.

HMMMMMMM.

But for real, I actually like my local Landmark Cinema. It's a little nicer than the Cineplex nearby, and while it does get crowded, it's a pretty big building that it accommodates a ton of people.

kevin1025

Banned
I mentioned the Atom thing about a week back, it's a really cool app. I'm liking the discount on ticket prices, it isn't as massive a price hike between them and Cineplex now, which is nice since I live around the corner from a massive Landmark cinema.

Civil War IMAX for $16.50 is better than $17.25!

Quick

Banned
I prefer Cineplex, but Landmark is good. They took over the old AMC/Empire in Whitby.

I'm tempted to drive there just for the free movie.

Deal's not bad at all. It's close enough to me to go to. lol

Zroid makes a point about gas though. If you're 30 minutes away from it, I don't know.

iphys

You don't risk much considering most Nintendo first party remain full price their full life period (Mario 64 DS, please...)

It's not the game prices I'm worried about, but the price of the system I'm committing to buy if I pre-order. I already got fooled into buying a Wii U only to have it go on sale for $100 less within a year with better bundled games (and nothing much worth playing that first year due to delays anyway). Then to have it basically be ditched at last E3 before ever hitting its stride and more game delays makes me worry the same thing will happen with the NX. I'm not sure it's worth immediately jumping on board to pay hundreds of dollars for the next potential failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom