• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elitist1945

Just saw that Homefront is like $65 on Steam which...isn't too bad considering most are $80. Its not on sale though, thats it's normal price. Thought I'd point it out.

It's not the game prices I'm worried about, but the price of the system I'm committing to buy if I pre-order. I already got fooled into buying a Wii U only to have it go on sale for $100 less within a year with better bundled games (and nothing much worth playing that first year due to delays anyway). Then to have it basically be ditched at last E3 before ever hitting its stride and more game delays makes me worry the same thing will happen with the NX. I'm not sure it's worth immediately jumping on board to pay hundreds of dollars for the next potential failure.

Yup and the competition for home console dollars has never been more fierce, ps4k, potential Xbox slim (and their usual ridiculously good holiday bundles), PC graphic cards getting faster and cheaper + steam sales, Win10 store and XB crossover, PSVR, and retro continuing to grow. Lots to choose from + backlog.

People waiting for NX: what (potential) games were you hoping to preorder? Aside from Zelda.

Two questions:

1) What will happen if I try to return an online BestBuy.ca purchase that I paid for with PayPal? Will they just give me cash back?

2) What's the lowest price the Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection has been? I kind of want to go digital, and someone has offered me forty dollars for my physical copy. Normally I prefer physical, but digital seems to be the only one that's cheap anymore, and stores have seemingly stopped selling it.

Why am I wanting to do this? There was a bit of dust on my disc, and I used an alcohol wipe to wipe it off. The wipe left a smudge that has bugged me since release.

kevin1025

Banned
Yup and the competition for home console dollars has never been more fierce, ps4k, potential Xbox slim (and their usual ridiculously good holiday bundles), PC graphic cards getting faster and cheaper + steam sales, Win10 store and XB crossover, PSVR, and retro continuing to grow. Lots to choose from + backlog.

People waiting for NX: what (potential) games were you hoping to preorder? Aside from Zelda.

If Zelda's a launch game I'd probably only pick up one or two other games at the beginning. If it's Pikmin 4 and Splatoon (which I never got to play!) on NX, then all would be right in the world. Although a Luigi's Mansion would be insanity, love those games.

Two questions:

1) What will happen if I try to return an online BestBuy.ca purchase that I paid for with PayPal? Will they just give me cash back?

2) What's the lowest price the Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection has been? I kind of want to go digital, and someone has offered me forty dollars for my physical copy. Normally I prefer physical, but digital seems to be the only one that's cheap anymore, and stores have seemingly stopped selling it.

Why am I wanting to do this? There was a bit of dust on my disc, and I used an alcohol wipe to wipe it off. The wipe left a smudge that has bugged me since release.

I'm pretty sure the Nathan Drake Collection was half price on psn one sale, $37.49.

Think selling the Nathan Drake Collection for $40 flat would be a good idea if I want to re-buy it soon? I didn't beat any of the games, but did on PS3.

Lexxism

What will happen if I try to return an online BestBuy.ca purchase that I paid for with PayPal? Will they just give me cash back?
The money will go back to the credit card used in paypal. That's what they did to my orders I returned when I used paypal.

Also, do BB accept opened game with full refund?

schlew

I mentioned the Atom thing about a week back, it's a really cool app. I'm liking the discount on ticket prices, it isn't as massive a price hike between them and Cineplex now, which is nice since I live around the corner from a massive Landmark cinema.

Civil War IMAX for $16.50 is better than $17.25!

Yeah, thanks for raising awareness of the Atom app. Nice to get a free movie, and the app is pretty handy.

So its April 28 and Amazon has still not shipped my Star Fox Zero, released on April 22 sigh...

I contacted support and they are promising it will be shipped tomorrow but this is unacceptable, couldnt even offer me anything else, no faster shipping, no credit nothing :(

Best buy Canada also has the E3 30% off offer that Amazon.ca has right?? maybe it will be better to make the orders with them instead???

superbad

Two questions:

Returning the blue XBONE controller?

For the smudge, wipe it off with a microfibre cloth. Or do what I do whenever I buy used games or borrow them from the library and literally wash the disc with liquid soap and warm water. Hopefully the alcohol didn't tarnish the disc.

Rbk_3

Oh, I don't have a credit card.

How old are you? You should really have a credit card to at least establish your credit. Even if it has a low limit like $1000. Not to mention, if you get a cash back card and use it on everything like you do now with debit/cash and pay it off every month you can earn some decent money every year. I got almost $500 last year on my Scotia Momentum Visa.

Jashobeam

anyone else still waiting on DOAX3 from play-asia? It shipped on launch day and still hasn't arrived, it shipped on March 23, over a month ago, should I be worried?

What else is on sale? I can't find anything about an anime sale on the home page.

I still haven't cracked open my PS4 copy from launch -___-
I wonder if I should just double dip.

It's on the right hand side. Where the weekend sale is usually posted.

suikodan

anyone else still waiting on DOAX3 from play-asia? It shipped on launch day and still hasn't arrived, it shipped on March 23, over a month ago, should I be worried?

Another one in the same boat! I'm still waiting for my package from P-A. I've sent them emails asking them to check where my package is and I made sure to insist while remaining polite of course...

Their investigation will take between 1-4 weeks. Zzzzzzzz... not very happy about this even thought it's the first time that it takes this long.

I'd suggest to write to them. Maybe it'll force them to check with Canada Posts????

Another one in the same boat! I'm still waiting for my package from P-A. I've sent them emails asking them to check where my package is and I made sure to insist while remaining polite of course...

Their investigation will take between 1-4 weeks. Zzzzzzzz... not very happy about this even thought it's the first time that it takes this long.

I'd suggest to write to them. Maybe it'll force them to check with Canada Posts????

Play Asia wants your balls to be as blue as the PS4 case before you get it.

I'm still waiting too and it shipped the same day as yours, was starting to get worried, but feel a bit better knowing that I'm not the only one.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Apparently the DOAX copies are all stuck in customs. Maybe there's a flag on anything from the Play Asia address or something.
Even though the tracking numbers don't work on Canada Post's website anymore, you can still call them and ask a person to manually look it up.

I'm still waiting too and it shipped the same day as yours, was starting to get worried, but feel a bit better knowing that I'm not the only one.

Ha!!! I've been waiting for my copy as well. It arrived in Canada April 7th but the tacking number they provided through Singapore post doesn't track it past that. I filed a Paypal claim this morning.

EDIT: This would now explain why I got the following response from them after I told them I'd be filing a dispute...

--------------------------

"We are terribly sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We
understand how you feel and we know that this is very frustrating for you.

Kindly allow another week for the result of the investigation as it usually
takes 2-4 weeks. Rest assured that we will provide you a full
compensation/refund whatever the result of the investigation may be.

In the meantime, may we ask you to close your dispute first? And provide
your PayPal case number.

Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and we
thank you for your understanding. For further concerns, please don't
hesitate to inform us. We look forward to hearing from you soon!"

--------------------------

Also explains why they were asking for the Paypal case number. I wondered why they would ask that and how many claims they must have to not be able to automatically know which was mine.

Samemind

I used Amiami, got it within a week (with EMS shipping)

In fact, I stopped using Play-asia a long while ago, everything is overpriced there.

Apparently the DOAX copies are all stuck in customs. Maybe there's a flag on anything from the Play Asia address or something.
Even though the tracking numbers don't work on Canada Post's website anymore, you can still call them and ask a person to manually look it up.

Maybe I should consider myself lucky. I ordered my copy on April 2, and it arrived in Toronto Monday April 25. Came from Singapore if that means anything.

Border guards playing it.

+1

suikodan

They could track it if I call them? I guess the batch landed in the country on April 7th for all orders but it seem to be stuck somewhere...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They could track it if I call them? I guess the batch landed in the country on April 7th for all orders but it seem to be stuck somewhere...
Yeah, the Twitter support passed the buck to Singpost, but the person I spoke to on the phone confirmed it was in customs and that it could be held for up to a month for no reason.

suikodan

Yeah, the Twitter support passed the buck to Singpost, but the person I spoke to on the phone confirmed it was in customs and that it could be held for up to a month for no reason.

Ok, so the box containing all our orders that landed on April 7th is sleeping in a closet somewhere for no reason.

Wow...

Any way we bug them to try and speed things up?

frequency

I don't think you can open another PayPal dispute for the same thing if you close it. So be sure you trust them if you close the dispute.

FrsDvl

Is there any place that sells giftcards to dominos or any other pizza chain, online, that also accepts paypal? I got some money left in my paypal and i want pizza!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom