• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

I got Until Dawn and Bloodborne today as well. Chibi-Robo that I price matched also came, i a gigantic bubble mailer, so it was crushed. For the price I got it for, I'm not gonna complain too much.

*Looks at Backlog*, but is it really tempting?

R6 is a nice game to play when you need to break away from your backlog games, at least that's how I play it. In between Dark Souls 3 and replaying Super Danganronpa 2 I usually step away to play Rocket League or R6.

Also R6 is DEFINITELY worth it for $30. It's one of the few games I'll gladly say is 'underrated'. I've heard and seen so many people around me avoid the game like its the plague because of Uplay or a lack of single-player content. But to be honest, it's the best new competitive shooter to come out in years. It's a great evolution of the R6 games to something similar to Counter-Strike but with more interesting gameplay mechanics that are still accessible and familiar, especially with people who enjoyed the BF Bad Company games. I'd say R6, Overwatch, and Unreal Tournament are all great showings of how new competitive FPS's can still scratch that itch and we don't have to always only stick to Counter-Strike.

EDIT: Oh, and there should be a huge update coming out soon to coincide with the new operator release (SEALS) next week. If you enjoy the game enough and get the season pass, the JTF2 operators are both really great

killroy87

Siege is a great value at $30 for sure. It's a shame that it kept giving me NAT errors when I tried to play with a friend. It's the only game that's done it, so it clearly isn't a problem with my internet setup. Something about its net code just didn't agree with my setup, so i was forced to sell it

Kyolux

Saw that thread about Uncharted 4 being shipped early... so I went and check for fun my order...

bw53vNY.jpg

Looks like a glitch, no tracking or anything.

Edit: Yup, they fixed it.

Past

Does anyone know if EB Games charge taxes for currency cards? I have some EB Games credit that I want to spend on PSN cards, but not going to bother if they do charge taxes.

Does anyone know if EB Games charge taxes for currency cards? I have some EB Games credit that I want to spend on PSN cards, but not going to bother if they do charge taxes.

If it's credit from trading in games, if i am remembering correctly, gets applied pre-tax so even if they do charge tax, you wouldn't pay any if the credit is equal to what the currency card costs.

jzbluz

In good shipping news, Amazon shipped an order yesterday and it arrived today so it means I got a game on release date. I'm pleasantly surprised.

terrible

Banned
I got an email from Amazon saying they can't meet their guaranteed delivery date for Uncharted so they're refunding the shipping charges for my entire order. My order is huge so if they actually refund my shipping costs for each item..

bank_error_in_your_favor.jpg

Too weird lol.

I got an email from Amazon saying they can't meet their guaranteed delivery date for Uncharted so they're refunding the shipping charges for my entire order. My order is huge so if they actually refund my shipping costs for each item..

Too weird lol.

Amazon please, you only needed to ship two weeks in advance!

Past

No. Not in Ontario at least.
Thanks! I am going to ask them before purchasing just in case since I am in QC.

If it's credit from trading in games, if i am remembering correctly, gets applied pre-tax so even if they do charge tax, you wouldn't pay any if the credit is equal to what the currency card costs.

Really? I tried buying something on their site and it charged me taxes so I guess it's in-store only.

Kyolux

Too weird lol.

weird indeed.

My email says it'll ship next week (May 5 or 6). Ordered in 2014 though.

My Amazon game is weak. Star Fox arrived damaged so I requested a replacement.

They sent me a return label.

At least the replacement is arriving tomorrow.

Kyolux

For those that played it, Until Dawn is good?

Looks like a game I would have enjoyed with my ex. But playing this alone.. I think I'll pass.

Firestorm

I don't know if it's just I'm hitting the most incompetent people or I'm becoming an asshole but I've lost my temper with the last two customer support people I've talked to. First EA Live Chat while dealing with an account issue that took two hours total and a bunch of running and me calling the person out on it when they tried to get me to call the next day which magically got me a solution to the issue.

Now I just got off a call with Best Buy where they could't even find my order even though I'd given my order number 3 times. Kept saying there was no order with that date and naming the dates of a bunch of other orders. Also said he couldn't find my credit card on the account. I just need to update my credit card -_- I've done this so quickly the other times. After 25 minutes I asked to be transferred to a manager who fixed it and got my Future Shop order updated in 5 minutes.

diaspora

I don't know if it's just I'm hitting the most incompetent people or I'm becoming an asshole but I've lost my temper with the last two customer support people I've talked to. First EA Live Chat while dealing with an account issue that took two hours total and a bunch of running and me calling the person out on it when they tried to get me to call the next day which magically got me a solution to the issue.

Now I just got off a call with Best Buy where they could't even find my order even though I'd given my order number 3 times. Kept saying there was no order with that date and naming the dates of a bunch of other orders. Also said he couldn't find my credit card on the account. I just need to update my credit card -_- I've done this so quickly the other times. After 25 minutes I asked to be transferred to a manager who fixed it and got my Future Shop order updated in 5 minutes.

You're probably hitting fools. Origin support normally sorts out any issues I might have in a few minutes at most in my experience.

kevin1025

Banned

Looks like a game I would have enjoyed with my ex. But playing this alone.. I think I'll pass.

It's a classic everyone-is-a-terrible-person horror movie in game form with some really fun stuff put in there. I loved it enough to play it twice in a row, which is rare for me! For some it is a game you'll want to play with others to enjoy, but I had a great time playing alone.

Firestorm

You're probably hitting fools. Origin support normally sorts out any issues I might have in a few minutes at most in my experience.
To be fair to the EA case I think my account was compromised or EA had done something really wrong as my email had been changed to a throwaway email (yopmail) and he did think of something fairly ingenious to get it to work. I was just really annoyed because after half an hour earlier in the day where I was told I needed to be beside my Xbox 360 for the solution (and the website saying the same thing) since my gamertag was the only way they could identify it was me, the second rep I talked to was telling me "Nope nothing we can do! Call tomorrow" after I hooked up my 360 again and grabbed an old EA game I owned.

All I wanted to do was play the Mirror's Edge Catalyst beta :( It did convince me to stick with my PS4 copy of the game rather than switch to Origin though.

Firestorm

I think I've developed a shopping addiction. I want to get rid of it.
If you keep track of how much you're actually spending and a backloggery or something you'll soon figure out how quickly it adds up. Or you'll hit the stage where anything even at $20 seems like it's expensive if you won't play it. I had a period of time during last gen (probably like 2007 to 2009 or so) where I bought basically every title that I saw on sale and then realized how useless that was.

I think I buy things as a coping mechanism.

If you keep track of how much you're actually spending and a backloggery or something you'll soon figure out how quickly it adds up. Or you'll hit the stage where anything even at $20 seems like it's expensive if you won't play it. I had a period of time during last gen (probably like 2007 to 2009 or so) where I bought basically every title that I saw on sale and then realized how useless that was.

It's not just games. Actually, it's more controllers I don't need, and random stuff, like multiple pencil crayon sets for the anxiety-reducing colouring I do.

That, or boxer pants.

suikodan

I wanted it @ 69$ because my wife loved Heavy Rain and also digs horror movies.

At 19$, it was a no-brainer. I tried introducing her to other games but UD is the first one she actually asked me to continue playing...

zroid

Banned
hmmm... gonna need to see some ID bro

prove that you aren't me

in DEAL news, that new Nintendo humble bundle is lit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom