• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
CAD is almost back to 1 = 80 cents USD, friends

movin' on up

jeffersons06a-1-web.jpg

Returning the blue XBONE controller?

For the smudge, wipe it off with a microfibre cloth. Or do what I do whenever I buy used games or borrow them from the library and literally wash the disc with liquid soap and warm water. Hopefully the alcohol didn't tarnish the disc.

The copper one for sure. Probably both, because the blue one was shipped and the box is damaged which I just noticed.

The rumours of the new, revised controller, worry me.

An eye glass wipe wouldn't tarnish the disc. They're made for those, aren't they?

I guess that will be my next step then...

I sent them a reply...

"Sorry. I can not close the dispute until it is settled. Once I am refunded, or receive the items purchased, I will close the dispute. The case ID is as follows...
#PP-___-___-___-___. I'm hopeful that this matter can be resolved quickly."

suikodan

I sent them a reply...

"Sorry. I can not close the dispute until it is settled. Once I am refunded, or receive the items purchased, I will close the dispute. The case ID is as follows...
#PP-___-___-___-___. I'm hopeful that this matter can be resolved quickly."

Hopefully it will be resolved just like me when I arrived home.
C3FAB8C0-252B-4515-9263-D4735E8F279D_zpsifijclkp.jpg

Does Play-Asia not get how Paypal works?

----------
We understand your situation. However, please be informed that we cannot
issue a refund as long as the dispute is still open. In this case, we
suggest you to close it once you haven't received the package within next
week for us to issue your refund.

Once again, we apologize if this has caused you inconveniences.

For any further concerns, please don't hesitate to inform us.

Stage On

And yet, Nintendo isn't getting the memo. Xenoblade Chronicles (download version of Wii game for Wii U) is $28.19.

Yes I'm starting to get really pissed with Nintendo with regards to how much they are overcharging for digital content in Canada.

I used to use the badge arcade once and a while when it was still $1.29 for 5 plays which was already kind of expensive but at least fair but then they went and raised it I quite entirely.

Want the new Fire emblem dlc pack? It'll cost you over an extra Dollar in Canada then it should.

Why the heck are they gouging us?

Yes I'm starting to get really pissed with Nintendo with regards to how much they are overcharging for digital content in Canada.

I used to use the badge arcade once and a while when it was still $1.29 for 5 plays which was already kind of expensive but at least fair but then they went and raised it I quite entirely.

Want the new Fire emblem dlc pack? It'll cost you over an extra Dollar in Canada then it should.

Why the heck are they gouging us?

Gotta make their money somehow.

Ba-Boom-Ching!

Apparently the DOAX copies are all stuck in customs. Maybe there's a flag on anything from the Play Asia address or something.
Even though the tracking numbers don't work on Canada Post's website anymore, you can still call them and ask a person to manually look it up.

3 weeks to get my PA package of another ps4 game, to Toronto, last week

Returned both controllers tonight. They could only refund to PayPal, which is okay.

I may re-buy the blue one down the road, but the box was damaged from shipping and that worried me. Plus, it doesn't have the grips which is big negative. It's so pretty, though.

imBask

Banned
There's literally no choice software prices aren't adjusted if the dollar reaches and maintains parity.

idk man. They tried to bump up the prices to 70 at some point in the past (like 6-8 years ago or something) when parity was there... at least EB Games did, and failed

etta

my hard graphic balls
Mein Gott, USD to CAD is 1.25. I was hoping we'd get here by E3.
It better continue to improve, got lots of games to pre-order this year, and new hardware coming in hot. 1.20 and them retailers better drop that price immediately since I'm betting their video game sales have dried up over the past year.

I went to buy Xenoblade off of Virtual Console.

Almost $29. What?

That's less than I thought it would be. Seriously thought it'd be 40 or 50 bucks. It's a niche game where the only currently available and accessible version is a gimped and blurry as fuck N3DS-Only version. They could totally get away with selling it at $50

Ryne

What's the major differences between the disc version of Xenoblade and the VC version? I know of off screen play, but is there anything else?

tiijj

----------

I don't think they like paypal LOL.

I purchased an item a few years ago (which was on sale and a really good deal) from them using paypal. Then they asked me to send them a copy of my credit card + ID (passport).

Apathy

So I got that email from Amazon concerning uncharted 4 and how they won't be able to meet something they promised so they'll refund my shipping cost for it, but online it still days arriving by the 10th which is the released date anyway, so I don't get what Amazon is talking about, but hey, less money is always better.

frequency

----------

They have probably been cheated by PayPal customers a lot in the past. Like giving a refund and the person doesn't close the dispute anyway or something. PayPal almost always sides with the buyer. They basically only side with sellers if they prove they delivered the item as described (tracking).

Play-Asia is a legitimate business so they're probably not trying to cheat you. But I understand being uncomfortable. It's on them, as a business, to understand that they have to take those risks.

Overseas shipping and customs do hold up stuff for a crazy long time sometimes though. I'm currently waiting on a phone case myself for the last 7 weeks. This just happens sometimes.

It sucks but the seller doesn't have any control over that. I dealt with Play-Asia before in a similar situation for a PSV case and screen protector for the back touch pad. It took 2 months to arrive but I complained to Play-Asia after about a month. I insisted that they re-send before I close the dispute and eventually they ended up re-sending it on my terms. The first shipment actually arrived about the same time the 2nd one did. So I ended up with 2 packages of the same order. But I contacted them after and just paid for the 2nd shipment contents because I felt guilty.

Kyolux

Mein Gott, USD to CAD is 1.25. I was hoping we'd get here by E3.
It better continue to improve, got lots of games to pre-order this year, and new hardware coming in hot. 1.20 and them retailers better drop that price immediately since I'm betting their video game sales have dried up over the past year.

With amazon, they charge lowest price minus 30%, so even if you pre-order now while it's still shown at 79.99, if by the time the game comes out, it's down to 69.99.. they'll charge 70 and take 30% off.

Rock band 4 at bestbuy for 99.97$ . Comes with one guitar only.
I priced match at Walmart . I wanted this game for the weekend. It stupid that these guitars costs so much money.
I need to buy a second guitar. I should have just bought 2 of the guitar and game bundles.
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=3de4059b1786f55db870dc1a6a9628b0en02
Sorry Xbox only looks like ps4 is sold out.

Bought the game standalone on there after posting about it earlier this week. Track list is a big meh, but most of my RB1 bought songs carried over. (Some I think they lost licensing for? like Snow (hey oh) from RHCP.

Don't have the guits and drums anymore, so I just sing and hope my neighbors don't hear me too much. Friend is bringing his instruments tomorrow for the week-end though.

I don't think they like paypal LOL.

I purchased an item a few years ago (which was on sale and a really good deal) from them using paypal. Then they asked me to send them a copy of my credit card + ID (passport).

Whoa. Is that even safe? I hope they don't do that anymore now...

Windam

Scaley member
how's Fedex with customs?

Just got hit last night for the first time ever with a customs bill from FedEx for $22. Ordered P4:DAN Disco Fever edition from Play-Asia since it was cheaper even with FedEx shipping than buying it over here.

Then the customs fee hit lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom