• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got hit last night for the first time ever with a customs bill from FedEx for $22. Ordered P4:DAN Disco Fever edition from Play-Asia since it was cheaper even with FedEx shipping than buying it over here.

Then the customs fee hit lol.

It was 30$ on amazon last december!

Renewed

Trails of Cold Steel for $30 (PS3/Vita) at Best Buy? I might bite.

A big NO! Get ready to pay hefty fees if you are going to use them or any of other three (UPS, DHL)

lol I think I paid $10 on customs for my Fire Emblem if OST set that arrived from DHL.

bryt

now that I know, you guys know any good places for protein and all that good shit?

I buy my protein from us.myprotein.com. They have a coupon code (COUPONS10) for 10% off as well. Just bought an 11lb bag for $89 with shipping the other day.

BadHand

Sorry for the off topic post, but can anyone who uses Telus Mobility confirm there Usage Counter is all screwed up?

Bill rolled over today, me and the wife have 1Gb Shared each (2Gb).

The Itemized counter indicates that she has used 0.02 Mb so far and I have used 0.19Mb (I assume decimal places are screwed up and its actually 2/19Mb). BUT, the main counter says we have used 21 Mb each (counting our combined usage and then applying it to both of us). The main counter says we have used 42Mb of 4096Mb (doubled our allowance too?).

I just got off the phone to Telus, guy says nothing is wrong and that Telus have given us an extra 2 Gb (1 Gb each) free, for no reason. He can't point me to any published information confirming it (says its new) but has sent me an email confirming we now have 4Gb for no extra charge. Plan still states it is a 1Gb shared plan.

So what I expect is the website is just accidentally doubling our data usage and if I use more than 2Gb shared, then they will charge overage.... however I do have email confirmation now.

God damn it I hate cell phone plans so much.

Call me skeptical.........

now that I know, you guys know any good places for protein and all that good shit?

I buy my proteins from http://www.canadianprotein.com/. They never have any sales, but their base prices are legit, tastes is top notch even with just water and they mix very well. I usually buy the concentrarte (26$ for 2 lbs), or higher quality isolate (60$ for 5 lbs) for chocolate flavored one.

Shipping is free for 99$+ order.

where can you buy quest bars for cheap?

Nowhere. They prevent their resellers from giving any discounts, threatening not stock them if they offer any discount. My advice: do not buy quest bars, go for alternatives or make your own using Vita Syrup.

Palehorse

Sorry for the off topic post, but can anyone who uses Telus Mobility confirm there Usage Counter is all screwed up?

The Itemized counter indicates that she has used 0.02 Mb so far and I have used 0.19Mb (I assume decimal places are screwed up and its actually 2/19Mb). BUT, the main counter says we have used 21 Mb each (counting our combined usage and then applying it to both of us). The main counter says we have used 42Mb of 4096Mb (doubled our allowance too?).

I just got off the phone to Telus, guy says nothing is wrong and that Telus have given us an extra 2 Gb (1 Gb each) free, for no reason. He can't point me to any published information confirming it (says its new) but has sent me an email confirming we now have 4Gb for no extra charge. Plan still states it is a 1Gb shared plan.

So what I expect is the website is just accidentally doubling our data usage and if I use more than 2Gb shared, then they will charge overage.... however I do have email confirmation now.

I'd monitor it. Check it in a few days and see if it's still doubling your combined usage or if it corrects itself. Could be a result of the extra 2GB upgrade, some bug in their program? Maybe the usage from 42MB on will be correct.

Luigi87

My copy of Gundam Breaker 3 shipped from Play-Asia this morning.

Our dollar has improved so much since I ordered it in February, I saved about $4 from my initial invoice quote!

khaaan

lolol, when did the link in your tag change? I click it every once in a while (because why not? Frogs theme is awesome) but I like the current rendition.

I've only bought Protein once, and that was off of a friend who was able to get in during a pricing error. I'm going to be in the market for some soon though :(

Edit: Costco is mentioned, maybe Bulk Barn would be a good place to check out too.

I get my protein from meat, and vegetables.

Doubt you're getting much from vegetables :p (Are beans and such considered vegetables?)

ya, thats what i do. kazen or something like that

I used to also get Kaizen Protein at costco (35$ or so for 4.4 lbs when on sale) and then I tried a little bit more expensive proteins (26$ for 2 lbs in this case) and the difference (taste and texture) is night and day when mixed with water or almond milk. In a smoothie with bananas and other, I could not tell the difference at all, so depending on how you would consume it.

Bulk Barn was mentioned above: It's much more expensive there, and you can't really tell the Brand or profile of it, would not recommand

MarkusRJR

Doubt you're getting much from vegetables :p (Are beans and such considered vegetables?)

I used to also get Kaizen Protein at costco (35$ or so for 4.4 lbs when on sale) and then I tried a little bit more expensive proteins (26$ for 2 lbs in this case) and the difference (taste and texture) is night and day when mixed with water or almond milk. In a smoothie with bananas and other, I could not tell the difference at all, so depending on how you would consume it.

Bulk Barn was mentioned above: It's much more expensive there, and you can't really tell the Brand or profile of it, would not recommand
Which brand was this? I finally used up my last container and I'm looking to try a different brand.

Cynar

Are you a business account? Personal, smb medium etc?

ohlawd

I buy my protein from us.myprotein.com. They have a coupon code (COUPONS10) for 10% off as well. Just bought an 11lb bag for $89 with shipping the other day.

I buy my proteins from http://www.canadianprotein.com/. They never have any sales, but their base prices are legit, tastes is top notch even with just water and they mix very well. I usually buy the concentrarte (26$ for 2 lbs), or higher quality isolate (60$ for 5 lbs) for chocolate flavored one.

Shipping is free for 99$+ order.

thanks. noted for the future.

lolol, when did the link in your tag change? I click it every once in a while (because why not? Frogs theme is awesome) but I like the current rendition.

beats me. someone pointed it out to me in another thread months ago. they're like you who randomly click my tag to listen to the theme lol. they were surprised it changed to this.

Dazzler

I get Gold Standard Whey from Body Energy Club. I buy from them because they run a loyalty program and do killer fruit/veggie smoothies

I get Gold Standard Whey from Body Energy Club. I buy from them because they run a loyalty program and do killer fruit/veggie smoothies

Gold Standard is great. Double Rich Chocolate was the last tub I got from them and it was delicious. The cost from a supplement shop can be pretty pricey though.

Can anyone tell me if I peorder a game at Amazon, can I buy it on release from somewhere like Best Buy/EB Games and then return the Amazon copy when it arrives to Best Buy? Or is the serial code or something different?

lupinko

Any deals on cheap Canadian PSN cards? I want to buy the SFV season pass for cheap.

Digital would be preferred if not digital then anything local in the gvrd, I could just ask friends and family back home for that.

Elitist1945

Can anyone tell me if I peorder a game at Amazon, can I buy it on release from somewhere like Best Buy/EB Games and then return the Amazon copy when it arrives to Best Buy? Or is the serial code or something different?

If you're a Platinum Member at EB Games you can bring the game back within a week for a refund, even after playing it. Thats what I did with Until Dawn when it was gonna arrive late from Amazon.

EDIT: Return the EB copy that is.

If you're a Platinum Member at EB Games you can bring the game back within a week for a refund, even after playing it. Thats what I did with Until Dawn when it was gonna arrive late from Amazon.

EDIT: Return the EB copy that is.

Do you know if they would accept the sealed copy from Amazon with the EB Games receipt if you aren't a platinum member ?

farisr

I preorderd it from Amazon with the 30% discount but it's esimated to come 10 days after release
Don't worry about the estimate. Lately it's just been like that to scare people into getting faster shipping speeds/prime. My last few games that I got from amazon were estimated to arrive 15-20 days after release, and I got them on either the day of release or a couple of days after.

But, anyways, yes, people have reported doing what you suggested. Buy a copy from best buy so they don't have to wait for their amazon copy to arrive, and "return" the sealed amazon copy to best buy.

The day 1 releases seem to have the same barcode so far as long as it's a not a collectors or limited edition or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom