• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fularu

Banned
Imagine what Fularu's Amazon account looks like. :p

My account is doing just fine, thank you for your kind concern

Y9Gk4fH.png

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to jump on the Sega 3D collection but $30 USD is not fucking $45 CAD.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, now they're getting greedy. Not gonna buy shit at those prices, even with E3 discounts.

krae_man

Lol. The cycle continues. People always forget that publishers raise the price at the first chance they get, and don't bring it down for Months when change happens.

Every couple of days I tweet PlayStation, PlayStation Canada, Gio Corsi, Shuhei Yoshida and Adam Boyes the updated exchange rate and ask them to adjust the price of Playstation VR.

FrsDvl

Anyone know if the Google store charges in USD or CAD? I wanted to order a case for my phone, but it doesn't state if it's CAD or not.

Cynar

Yeah, it's a business account.
There was a promo for business lines where they would get a bonus 1gb of data. So if you have the two lines that you did the renewals or activations on you would have the 1gb per line plus the bonus data for a total of 4gb. Sounds to me you're okay and I wouldn't worry much about it. I think the promo data expires after your term is done though as that has been done with some consumer accounts. Did you talk to the smb department or the normal client care team?

Cynar

Is amazon.ca giving out overwatch beta keys?

My reply from Amazon.CA about this

Hello from Amazon.ca,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't receive the beta keys for the pre-order.

I completely understand your disappointment. That's definitely not what we want our customers to experience.

After checking with our marketing department, the pre-order bonus with the beta keys for testing is extended till May 05, 2016. so that you will receive the beta keys from our marketing team in between April 29, 2016 - May 03, 2016.

If you does not receive the beta key by mail on or before May 03, 2016, please let us know by following link.

I still have no faith in them since they screwed up a previous preorder bonus with the street fighter V beta so I preordered on Amazon.com as well just for those keys and will cancel that one when I receive them.

so i contacted amazon.ca about overwatch and keys, and the CSR said "the support team said that they'll send the keys once the item ships".

I was like "uh, aren't you supposed to send the beta key before the game ships?"

he was like "hmm i'll need to contact the support staff, please give them 12-24 hours to get back in touch with you"

You know I love ya amazon, but oh boy. lol

Sora_N

so i contacted amazon.ca about overwatch and keys, and the CSR said "the support team said that they'll send the keys once the item ships".

I was like "uh, aren't you supposed to send the beta key before the game ships?"

he was like "hmm i'll need to contact the support staff, please give them 12-24 hours to get back in touch with you"

Ask someone else tomorrow

Don't worry about the estimate. Lately it's just been like that to scare people into getting faster shipping speeds/prime. My last few games that I got from amazon were estimated to arrive 15-20 days after release, and I got them on either the day of release or a couple of days after.

But, anyways, yes, people have reported doing what you suggested. Buy a copy from best buy so they don't have to wait for their amazon copy to arrive, and "return" the sealed amazon copy to best buy.

The day 1 releases seem to have the same barcode so far as long as it's a not a collectors or limited edition or something.

Alternative viewpoint: worry about the estimate. These days, I've had games come a week after release far more often than not. I don't care very much because I rarely if ever need to play a game day one, but if you feel differently, this is absolutely something you should worry about from Amazon. (Also, you should probably stop ordering from Amazon.)

Tapejara

This happened to me with Rainbow Six: Siege. I just assumed Amazon wouldn't be providing beta keys, and then when the game shipped I got an e-mail with the beta code.

Stage On

oh hey guys amazon put the pokemans u-

What kind of garbage is Amazon trying to pull here? The standard price of 3ds games (Outside of Atlus) is $50

Hopefully this is like Trails of Cold steel where they listed it at above what it should have been and then fixed it later because this is straight up bullshit

Cynar

I thought they going to charge you full price for that
They are. They sent out an email like the day after saying the price was an error and they were adjusting it for everyone who preordered it.

Edit: I still have the email.

Dear ,

Please note that the PC version of the Overwatch Collector's Edition was incorrectly priced at $0.00 on our website (http://www.ebgames.ca) from Friday, November 6, 2015 to Saturday, November 7, 2015. The correct price of this product is $169.99.

We have amended the price on our website. As a result, you will be be charged $169.99, less any deposit you've paid when your order ships (within 48 hours of the product release date). This price does not include applicable taxes or Express Shipping charges.

If you no longer wish to purchase this product. Please contact our customer service team by telephone at 1-877-442-6303, or by email at help@ebgames.ca.

Please refer to our Terms and Conditions of Purchase and Use for further information on price adjustments to products on ebgames.ca.

We thank you for shopping at EBGames.ca, and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

The EBGames.ca Team

Luigi87

Weirdly I never got that email.

I then tried to cancel my order (it was stacked with a KH 2.8 order)... and now it says Partially Cancelled and only KH 2.8 was cancelled -_-

superbad

Hm, yeah thats a tough one. I personally haven't done it without the Platinum perk, but the search of the Googles says people have done it no problem.

You can return games to EB within 30 days, as long as they are sealed and you have your receipt, for full refund via the original method of payment. This is standard policy.

If you have Edge Platinum, you can return any game, even if opened and played, within 7 days for full store credit, not a refund.

First experience with Amazon sending something with their own corridor service (it says AZNCA as my courier) and....Star Fox Zero shows as delivered last Friday and is a no-show.

They gave me a full refund thankfully, but bummer. Did they just leave it in front of my door and it got stolen? I was out of town until yesterday so if so it would have been sitting there all week.

I'm tempted to buy a $30 Cineplex gift card, because of the promo they have going. I'd eventually use it anyways, and it'd be enough for upwards of three tickets. Plus, with the Mother's Day promo, you get a free popcorn (that's $7), a free upgrade, and a buy one get one free ticket. Plus a lowly 100 Scene points if you have that.

Just use your paypal when buying stuff at BB. That way you can use the balance

You can do so in-store?

I'm so out of the loop if so.

Just got a email from amazon regarding Overwatch beta keys:

Hello from Amazon.ca.

I'm sorry for all the inconvenience caused.

I've checked with our marketing team and they confirm that the beta codes are applicable only in .com.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience that the above information might have caused.

We look forward to hearing from you again soon.

Best regards,
Vijay N.
Thank you.
Amazon.ca

WELP

:\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom