• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sealtest

I just wish chapters would split shipments without having to email and beg for it.

Amazon is much better about that even though they sometimes delay orders.

Savitar

Got my first copy of FE SE! The box was nicely packed so it wasn't really damaged, I mean it could have been better packed in a bigger box but overall I'm happy. It's like seeing an old friend again.

Stage On

I just wish chapters would split shipments without having to email and beg for it.

Amazon is much better about that even though they sometimes delay orders.

Is it just me or is Amazon getting even worst about delays then before?

Usually for my books which I preorder months in advance they ship the day of release and then I get them in the mail the next day. Now I had a book come out on the 23rd and it's like they are purposly trying to make it take as long as possible despite being in stock

Sealtest

Is it just me or is Amazon getting even worst about delays then before?

Usually for my books which I preorder months in advance they ship the day of release and then I get them in the mail the next day. Now I had a book come out on the 23rd and it's like they are purposly trying to make it take as long as possible despite being in stock

Who knows sometimes they're great but most of the time its terrible. I waited a full week before they shipped my Pokemon Blu-ray when it released and then I waited another 3 days after I asked for a replacement for the replacement to ship.

ohlawd

I had Amazon fix my stuck order of Birthright. they sent it out yesterday and I used free shipping. fastest I've ever gotten something from them using the free option.

so uhh for a copy I'm never gonna open, I feel pretty good paying only 17 bucks for it :3

Trying to sell one of my sticks on craigslist. Ppl b flaky as hell. Agree to meet, then bail out 3 hours before. Two different people!

farisr

What exactly are you referring to here? How could I get this discount?
Can't anymore. They either fixed the glitch, or realized it and amazon support doesn't do that anymore. But what it basically boiled down to was that aside from E3, there was a 30% off promotion in December.

Some people (like myself) didn't really have 3 new games to preorder since the e3 promotion, so we asked amazon support to add a game or two to our existing e3 preorders as the promotion amount/rules were the same and those orders did have enough qualifying games in the order to receive the 30% discount.

What happened due to an error in the system, is that when amazon support added the games, the system recognized it as a new order. Detecting 3+ games, it added on the December 30% discount while also honoring the E3 30% discount at the same time. So all the games that were part of the original e3 order that hadn't shipped yet basically got an additional 30% off on top of the initial 30% off.

Fularu

Banned
Can't anymore. They either fixed the glitch, or realized it and amazon support doesn't do that anymore. But what it basically boiled down to was that aside from E3, there was a 30% off promotion in December.

Some people (like myself) didn't really have 3 new games to preorder since the e3 promotion, so we asked amazon support to add a game or two to our existing e3 preorders as the promotion amount/rules were the same and those orders did have enough qualifying games in the order to receive the 30% discount.

What happened due to an error in the system, is that when amazon support added the games, the system recognized it as a new order. Detecting 3+ games, it added on the December 30% discount while also honoring the E3 30% discount at the same time. So all the games that were part of the original e3 order that hadn't shipped yet basically got an additional 30% off on top of the initial 30% off.

It didn't have to be from E3. Any order at least a day old would qualify for the double 30% when adding an item

This is why you can'T add items to orders anymore, Amazon (thankfully) closed that loophole

farisr

It didn't have to be from E3. Any order at least a day old would qualify for the double 30% when adding an item
Interesting, didn't know. I didn't try to do it again after it initially happened to me. I'd assumed that it had to be a different deals promotion. People probably abused the shit out of it once it became more known.

Fularu

Banned
Interesting, didn't know. I didn't try to do it again after it initially happened to me. I'd assumed that it had to be a different deals promotion. People probably abused the shit out of it once it became more known.

It all boils down to how Amazon handles adding items. It created a new order linked ot the older one.

That brought on this "exploit"

Skikkiks

Oh that's funny. When the 20% Best Buy pre order deal thing was happening I asked Best Buy through a email ticket to apply the 20% to my Fire Emblem SE order but I never got any response and was charged full price and didn't think much of it afterwards.

Fast forward to today and I look at my credit card transactions and Best Buy refunded me 22.60 bucks for what seemed to be no reason, and then I checked what 20% of 112.99 is and sure enough it's 22.598.

#BestBuyisBest...Buy

Mimosa97

I thought I could hold on buying U4 until the price went below 50$ but after watching the last trailer I don't think I can ...

I REALLY don't want to pay 80$ for a game ...

I'm fucked.

Sora_N

Oh that's funny. When the 20% Best Buy pre order deal thing was happening I asked Best Buy through a email ticket to apply the 20% to my Fire Emblem SE order but I never got any response and was charged full price and didn't think much of it afterwards.

Fast forward to today and I look at my credit card transactions and Best Buy refunded me 22.60 bucks for what seemed to be no reason, and then I checked what 20% of 112.99 is and sure enough it's 22.598.

#BestBuyisBest...Buy

I didn't get a response either...gonna check

EDIT nothing for me. It says excludes special editions and stuff so eh.

Teeth

Thanks for clearing that up. Glad I watch very little TV and live somewhere where I get a lot of stuff OTA. But this doesn't make me hopeful for the a la carte stuff.

I know I'm late to this, but if you think that the a la carte stuff is going to be much of any benefit aside from some very specific cases, you're probably going to be disappointed.

The companies have already started rolling out the a la carte plans and they are basically priced like this:
1 channel = $2.99/month
Package of 6 channels containing that one channel = $5.99/month
bundle of 5 packages = $20/month

all of that on top of basic cable costs.

Also, as of yet, not every channel is required to be a la carte. So the most popular channels remain exclusively in packages.

So unless you are looking for a specific channel (that isn't too popular) and are fine with basic cable for everything else, you can theoretically save $3 a month.

If you are looking to only buy AMC, you're hosed. Not even offered on its own.

Not Amazon related but I get games from Japan regularly (they come thru BC sorting facility to reach ON) and since mid Jan I've had all my packages take twice as long. 4 weeks instead of 2 weeks.

Wow, at least they got to you. I had a package from Japan just flat out be returned to sender. I didn't have tracking so I'm eternally grateful it got back safely, but it's like that's never happened before, how? Anyway, I had to pay for shipping again to get it resent but now I'm sending it with tracking. Here's hoping nothing goes wrong this time...

Mimosa97

The strangest thing just happened to me.

Yesterday at 5.40 p.m I ordered a bunch of articles from Amazon. The delivery date was tuesday (I have prime) so I was shocked when someone delivered all my stuff this morning. How did that even happen ? I didn't even pay for 1-day delivery.

Basically I got my stuff 12 hours after ordering it online. Crazy ...

espher

That Rogers stuff is something.

I'd skip the Sportsnet pack because Sportsnet is hot garbage, but I'd still be on the hook for basic ($25) + TSN ($18) + Special Interest ($5, though I can skip it) + Canadian News ($5) + International News ($5). Honestly I'd rather skip basic and just pay a la carte for HNIC, TSN, and the one regional Sportsnet channel I might care about.

That Rogers stuff is something.

I'd skip the Sportsnet pack because Sportsnet is hot garbage, but I'd still be on the hook for basic ($25) + TSN ($18) + Special Interest ($5, though I can skip it) + Canadian News ($5) + International News ($5). Honestly I'd rather skip basic and just pay a la carte for HNIC, TSN, and the one regional Sportsnet channel I might care about.

Sportsnet is where the Jays are. It's a must.

Is there new package info out?

I forgot that cable restructuring was happening. Link?

Edit: Found it.

stn

Placed an Ebay order on the 13th of January that is coming from Japan. Most basic mailing option available. No reason to panic that its not here yet, right?

Lexxism

Sportsnet is where the Jays are. It's a must.

Is there new package info out?

I forgot that cable restructuring was happening. Link?

Edit: Found it.
Yeah.
So, I just saw these new cable deals. Damn CRTC. What have you done?

Rogers starter packages 2016

Also, This is Bell's own version of their skinny/starter whatever pack.
STqDxUB.png

B3L8lWh.png

They have the Sportsnet and TSN theme for $15 each. Or a sports pack for $25

More info at the link: http://imgur.com/a/PvJvy

Ryde3

OMG, that stacked discount was actually bigger than I thought it was. I was expecting the stacked 30% to be taken off from the already reduced price, but the discounted amount is taken from the original price for both of them. So instead of Game Price x 0.7 (30% discount) x 0.7 (30% discount) which is 51% off when all's said and done. It actually turned out to be 60% off.

Got Street Fighter V for $27.10 including taxes.

So jealous! I guess it's too late to get a screenshot for 'price matching' huh :(

Lexxism

Do any of the retailers actually let you price match on something as exploitable as screenshots anyway?
They don't. It just happens that they are "incompetent" sales associate who allow this. You gotta find this rare breed and take advantage
like some/most people did on Amazon

New Deal

Platinum members take 20% off, Onyx members 30% off recycled games this weekend only

It's only for PS4 and Xbox One game, no?

(Also lol Onyx member, is anyone here an Onyx member seeing as it requires 12000 point at 2 points/recycled$ and 1 point/$?)

Augustiner

Neo Member
New Deal
Dark Souls 3 Strategy Guide Estus Flask Edition avaliable for the 10% of $30 or more deal, also it seems to be incorrectly labeled as a textbook so anyone with a student prime account gets an additional 10% off bringing the total to 129.50 before tax.

Tempting, but I'm leery of Prima game guides. They are really bare bones, and the last one I got (Xenoblade Chronicles X) was terrible. I'm not expecting anything as excellent as the Future Press ones, but it might still be nice to have a guide for this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom