• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

etta

my hard graphic balls
How long does amazon stay in "preparing for shipment"? Does that mean it'll ship some time today or can it stay that until May 13th?
It shouldn't be on that status for longer than one business day.
Ask the support chat what's happening, they can usually check with the department directly to see at what stage of the process it is at.

krae_man

How long does amazon stay in "preparing for shipment"? Does that mean it'll ship some time today or can it stay that until May 13th?

What's with all this preparing, why is it always preparing? Just go!

Order random Blurays Sunday, choose free shipping, arrives Wednesday.

Preorders game two years before release, "Sorry there is a delay because you choose free shipping". Arrives Wednesday only because I made a stink. Would have arrived 6 days after release if I hadn't.

I am getting fed up with Amazon's excuses.

Big Chungus

what the heck, canada post says my copy of uncharted went out for delivery at 8:59am and delivered at 9:00am but i checked my mailbox and it wasnt there.

Kyolux

what the heck, canada post says my copy of uncharted went out for delivery at 8:59am and delivered at 9:00am but i checked my mailbox and it wasnt there.

They double scanned it. Check back around the time they usually deliver you stuff.

In my neighborhood they have admitted to me before that they sometimes scan things as delivered before putting them on the truck atbecause their mobile scanners dont work. Seems a little questionable to me but...

etta

my hard graphic balls
They double scan my items too lol.

just spoke with amazon.ca rep, my copy won't be shipped until the 19th due to supply issues, super pissed about it
Get another chat rep. and ask them if they can make a new order and delete your old one, and also change the prices on the new order to reflect the old one.

Kyolux

just spoke with amazon.ca rep, my copy won't be shipped until the 19th due to supply issues, super pissed about it

Just go in a Best Buy and buy a copy, then get that amazon refunded at Best Buy once you receive it. (If you don't want to wait) It's a pain, but other than get lucky with a rep, not much other options.

Just go in a Best Buy and buy a copy, then get that amazon refunded at Best Buy once you receive it. (If you don't want to wait) It's a pain, but other than get lucky with a rep, not much other options.

Yep. This is basically what I ended up doing... But holy fucking shit $90 man. Amazon did charge me $56, and it says it's shipping today... But arriving next Friday. Rep told me something something supply issues, so fuck it. As long as the game is still wrapped you can return it to BB

farisr

I know I said I can wait before, but I'm pretty much doing this. Ordered Uncharted 4 from bestbuy yesterday at 1pm, it's out for delivery right now and will probably be here in about an hour or so.

I feel kinda bad for doing this, but it's Uncharted 4 damn it.

Is Battle.net the cheapest place to buy Overwatch ?

Bought my origins copy on G2A during the open for around 53$ CAD. It's a bit more expensive now.

If you do not care about the origins edition (skins and in game cosmetics for other battle.net games), then the 40$ USD on battle.net is probably the cheapest option.(~52$ cad)

Well Paypal decided in my favor. Got my full refund back from Play-Asia for the DOA3X games that never ended up arriving.

play-asia%20refund_zpsnkskwfsf.jpg

poodpick

Does anyone know what the pre-order bonus for Uncharted 4 was on Amazon? Looking to sell my PS4 with it after I finish playing it and I'm wondering whether to advertise the bonus or just use it for my playthrough.

Smo21

Is it just me or is it a hassle to find a new ps3 for a decent price? My old one broke and all i can find are used ones or $250+.

iphys

I've always repaid the seller if I eventually got the item I made the PayPal claim on, since I don't really feel like it's their fault if something got delayed in the mail.

Stage On

I don't see our dollar going up(at least not enough for nintendo to bother changing the price) and nintendo seems hell-bent on price gouging us anyway.

If they where really hell bent on price gouging us why are other games for 3ds like Kirby still at the proper price point? I just can't see them leaving Pokemon at $60 as things stand since it'll really stand out too much when all their other games for 3ds are still $50

Kyolux

Does anyone know what the pre-order bonus for Uncharted 4 was on Amazon? Looking to sell my PS4 with it after I finish playing it and I'm wondering whether to advertise the bonus or just use it for my playthrough.

As far as I know (and I got the game yesterday afternoon from them), there wasn't any sort of pre-order bonus.

If they where really hell bent on price gouging us why are other games for 3ds like Kirby still at the proper price point? I just can't see them leaving Pokemon at $60 as things stand since it'll really stand out too much when all their other games for 3ds are still $50
I think they can get away with it with Pokemon

Kirby at 60$ would be DOA while Pokemon is their big holiday title and would still sell at 60$ anyway.

I obviously have nothing to back up my claim but I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if it ends up retailing for 59.99$.

Not sure what the issue is here. As long as you have your receipt, Best Buy will still allow a return for refund even though you've already exchanged the controller. They will refund your PayPal account if that's how you originally paid.

Best Buy will fully refund opened accessories. No need to exchange or sell on Kijiji at a loss. They will even give you your original payment type back. Doesn't matter if it was already a refund. This is one of the advantages of buying things from places like Walmart and Best Buy.

Edit: Didn't see superbad`s response, above.

Really? That seems too good to believe, but okay.

I didn't know I could, else I would've yesterday. All I did was clean it and find the defect. Never even used it.

I just figured that since I had opened one I was locked into keeping it.

Dazzler

any deals on Uncharted Collection? I've never played any of them and want to go through the original trilogy before playing the latest

I may actually do that since I work near yonge/dundas and there's a BestBuy and EB Games in the area.

However, wouldn't it be better to do it at EB Games? Won't they take returns if the game is sealed? I say that because EB has some preorder bonuses while BestBuy doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom