• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Does anyone have proof from Best Buy's site that says they'll take opened accessories back? I can't find it, but two people said it's true here.

I emailed them, but haven't heard back.

The one I have now is unopened, but was technically the result of an opened exchange.

I don't know where it says on the site, but I'm pretty sure they will take back anything opened except for like, music/movies/games

jred2k

Does anyone have proof from Best Buy's site that says they'll take opened accessories back? I can't find it, but two people said it's true here.

I emailed them, but haven't heard back.

The one I have now is unopened, but was technically the result of an opened exchange.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/help/returns-and-exchanges-policy/hc1075.aspx

Peripherals fall under "items not listed in other categories". It would basically be considered the same as a mouse of keyboard.

Thanks

I don't know where it says on the site, but I'm pretty sure they will take back anything opened except for like, music/movies/games

Okay. Thanks.

It's a controller.

The drive is 20 minutes each way, and I'd have to borrow a vehicle, so I want to make sure they'll take it back before I go.

Maybe. I looked online.

I've just always assumed that, once something is open, unless it's defective and they have no replacement available, you have to keep it. And if you exchange a defective product, you get a new one and are stuck with it.

Just call them and ask.

I'll probably have to

I emailed them yesterday, so if they don't reply tomorrow I guess I'll just call.

Maddog

I'll probably have to

I emailed them yesterday, so if they don't reply tomorrow I guess I'll just call.

Why wouldn't you just call in the first place? Instead of sending an email / waiting for a response and posting about it on NeoGAF. You could have an answer by now.

Why wouldn't you just call in the first place? Instead of sending an email / waiting for a response and posting about it on NeoGAF. You could have an answer by now.

Honestly? I didn't think about it. I tend to avoid phones because of my social anxiety.

I wasn't going to rush back to the store the next day, or anything, and figured it'd be fine to wait for the email. I'm not great in social situations, or on the phone, and it's easier for me to describe the situation in text via email rather than on the phone.

Phones make me nervous.

jred2k

Honestly? I didn't think about it. I tend to avoid phones because of my social anxiety.

I wasn't going to rush back to the store the next day, or anything, and figured it'd be fine to wait for the email. I'm not great in social situations, or on the phone, and it's easier for me to describe the situation in text via email rather than on the phone.

Phones make me nervous.

Was it originally purchased in-store? If you bought it online, you could always just RMA it. As long as the agent you get knows what they're doing you wouldn't be on the phone more than three minutes.

Was it originally purchased in-store? If you bought it online, you could always just RMA it. As long as the agent you get knows what they're doing you wouldn't be on the phone more than three minutes.

I'm new to all of this, so I must seem like an idiot. I've never exchanged anything bought online, and have hardly ever shopped online.

I bought one online, opened it and noticed that the controller had scratches on it and that the left side wasn't flush. It wasn't put together properly, and I could see the clips when I looked in the gap.

I tried to use a bit of force, to see if that would fix it, but it didn't.

That one was returned to a physical store, and I received a new one in exchange. She didn't open the new one, because I told her I had OCD and would check it at home. (She was going to let me look it over there, but I wanted to wash my hands first. I had no problem with her slicing the sticker keeping it shut, but she decided against it I guess, even though I asked if she had to.)

BadHand

My U4 delivery, was scanned in as delivered today by Canada Post. Got home from work and it wasn't. Other mail came though.

BB say I must wait 24 hours before I can begin the (10 business day) investigation. Ugh.

My U4 delivery, was scanned in as delivered today by Canada Post. Got home from work and it wasn't. Other mail came though.

BB say I must wait 24 hours before I can begin the (10 business day) investigation. Ugh.

I've had packages marked as delivered by Canada Post not show up until the following day in the past.

Canada Post has said it's attempted delivery, when people have been home. They usually just drop stuff in the community mailbox instead of trying, though.

The convenience store near me that has a post office in it is a place I plan to not return to. They're assholes, and try to screw you everywhere they can.

BadHand

I've had packages marked as delivered by Canada Post not show up until the following day in the past.

Terrible. i'm sure they do this because the "Standard" delivery date was today and they don't want to get their wrists slapped. I just don't understand why they would do this and then not deliver it (but deliver letter mail).

Their tracking is basically useless, if they scan them in whenever they want. Dominoes pizza tracker has more accuracy.

Canada Post has said it's attempted delivery, when people have been home. They usually just drop stuff in the community mailbox instead of trying, though.

The convenience store near me that has a post office in it is a place I plan to not return to. They're assholes, and try to screw you everywhere they can.

My tracking actually says it was delivered to my community mailbox, at 10:37am. originally scheduled to arrive yesterday, but delayed.

Leeness

So I'm a dummy and didn't preorder Uncharted and now I want to get it because I have poor impulse control. ANY way I can get it for less than $80?

Ventara

Yep

I wish I had a physical copy of Fossil Fighters instead of digital, because I'd trade that in. I may trade another 3DS game in though.

Coolsies. Will stop by Friday to do it.

Just noticed that EB is also doing a trade 3 for select titles, one of which is Metroid Federation Force. A trade 3 (minimum $10) for a 3DS game which is probably gonna bomb hard? lol

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
So I'm a dummy and didn't preorder Uncharted and now I want to get it because I have poor impulse control. ANY way I can get it for less than $80?

I saw Shoppers selling it yesterday . Maybe combine with a 20x or $75 points event? Gets you a little over $20 in points.

Or EB is doing trade 3 get $70 towards UC4 if thats an option. No straight up discounts otherwise.

Two questions for you, CanadaGAF:

1) Is Coke on sale anywhere in Ontario this coming week? I'm just about out, and need to pick up at least another 24, which should last me 10-12 days. I have one can and a bottle of Vanilla left.

On the same note: I tried Cherry again and love it, too. It's been years since I've had Cherry or Vanilla.

Hopefully I can get a couple cases with the Cineplex deal on them for $8 or so. I thought that the last two I bought (which are going out in recycling tomorrow) had the deal, but it seems I saw a bunch of the deal cases but grabbed two without it, haha.

Ah well: I've used two of the buy one, get one free codes already, can still buy more cases, and have one sitting here unused.

2) I'm due for a new phone, as mine has a battery problem and is out of its contract. I don't particularly want to go back with Virgin, because they've been ripping us off (at least, it feels that way, at 500mb of data per month for $50 after taxes). And I want to get an iPhone.

I don't plan to buy a phone. I don't need a top of the line phone. They get outdated so fast. I just want to get a free iPhone, with unlimited text, some calling and as much data as possible.

Coolsies. Will stop by Friday to do it.

Just noticed that EB is also doing a trade 3 for select titles, one of which is Metroid Federation Force. A trade 3 (minimum $10) for a 3DS game which is probably gonna bomb hard? lol

Haha, yeah, I feel the same way about that. They sometimes sneak those 'deals' in for 3DS games, to try to get people to slip up. I don't hate the company like a lot of people do, but that's one thing I don't like.

I'd never do it, but I'm smarter than the average gaming consumer.

I think I'll do the Song of the Deep thing. Just gotta' figure out what I want to trade in.

The game doesn't come with it by default? I might just cancel my order then.

Honest question:

What do you like so much about steelbooks? Just collecting and displaying them? Or actually using them?

I completely understand the former and think it's a nice thing to display. However, using them is a nightmare for me and I don't get why people don't complain about how regular cases aren't included in SEs, CEs, LEs, etc.

Sora_N

Honest question:

What do you like so much about steelbooks? Just collecting and displaying them? Or actually using them?

I completely understand the former and think it's a nice thing to display. However, using them is a nightmare for me and I don't get why people don't complain about how regular cases aren't included in SEs, CEs, LEs, etc.

I used to collect them, now I don't but if there was one on my $32 copy I would actually buy the game now.

If it doesn't come with the game, forget it I'm gonna wait for $20. I already own the game twice.

If the design is nice and it's not expensive to obtain (ie, CE/LE versions only) then I would go for it.

I used to collect them, now I don't but if there was one on my $32 copy I would actually buy the game now.

If it doesn't come with the game, forget it I'm gonna wait for $20. I already own the game twice.

If the design is nice and it's not expensive to obtain (ie, CE/LE versions only) then I would go for it.

That's fair.

I was just honestly curious, because whenever I've gotten steelbooks they've made my life Hellish. Trying to get the disc out without bending it too much or doing any damage scares me and it takes me a while to get them out, before I move them to a regular case.

The hubs are so bad.

Sora_N

That's fair.

I was just honestly curious, because whenever I've gotten steelbooks they've made my life Hellish. Trying to get the disc out without bending it too much or doing any damage scares me and it takes me a while to get them out, before I move them to a regular case.

The hubs are so bad.

I stopped when I realized I was just buying movies I don't even want to watch and they were so hard to keep up with, they're expensive to buy.

I saw Shoppers selling it yesterday . Maybe combine with a 20x or $75 points event? Gets you a little over $20 in points.

Or EB is doing trade 3 get $70 towards UC4 if thats an option. No straight up discounts otherwise.

Yup shoppers is best. So many sell groceries so it's like buy UC4 get $25 back later for food

Memnoch

1) Is Coke on sale anywhere in Ontario this coming week? I'm just about out, and need to pick up at least another 24, which should last me 10-12 days. I have one can and a bottle of Vanilla left.

On the same note: I tried Cherry again and love it, too. It's been years since I've had Cherry or Vanilla.

Hopefully I can get a couple cases with the Cineplex deal on them for $8 or so. I thought that the last two I bought (which are going out in recycling tomorrow) had the deal, but it seems I saw a bunch of the deal cases but grabbed two without it, haha.

Ah well: I've used two of the buy one, get one free codes already, can still buy more cases, and have one sitting here unused.

2) I'm due for a new phone, as mine has a battery problem and is out of its contract. I don't particularly want to go back with Virgin, because they've been ripping us off (at least, it feels that way, at 500mb of data per month for $50 after taxes). And I want to get an iPhone.

I don't plan to buy a phone. I don't need a top of the line phone. They get outdated so fast. I just want to get a free iPhone, with unlimited text, some calling and as much data as possible.

Haha, yeah, I feel the same way about that. They sometimes sneak those 'deals' in for 3DS games, to try to get people to slip up. I don't hate the company like a lot of people do, but that's one thing I don't like.

I think I'll do the Song of the Deep thing. Just gotta' figure out what I want to trade in.
Well coke is on sale at Walmart this week. $6.47 for a 24.

Clov

That's fair.

The hubs are so bad.

Yeah, not a fan of a lot of steelbooks. Not to mention it's going to look all weird and inconsistent with the rest of my PS4 games, which is going to bug me. I'd rather have a regular PS4 case for it, honestly.

Rbk_3

Search for the Koodo Manitoba 5gb unlimited Canada wide plan for $48. It's very easy to get in Ontario and you can keep your number.

Toronto

There is a 24 hour variety store just south of Yonge and Lawrence, across from a gas station.

Only cans though.

They have battles of Cherry Coke Zero. (1L)

Food Basics have 500ml bottles of Vanila and Cherry on for $2. At least the one in Elmira does.

killroy87

lol, there's a lot of unnecessary info in this :p

It's coke, it's literally always on sale somewhere, just check Safeway or walmart or something.

Rbk_3

lol, there's a lot of unnecessary info in this :p

It's coke, it's literally always on sale somewhere, just check Safeway or walmart or something.

Or download the Flipp app and search Coke and it will tell you every store that has it on sale.

9DDFD849-245D-436D-96CD-9AFDB298FFCD.png

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Toronto

There is a 24 hour variety store just south of Yonge and Lawrence, across from a gas station.

Only cans though.

They have battles of Cherry Coke Zero. (1L)
I'm in Toronto too we should go get sushi together to celebrate this day. Bring some dietvancoke maybe.

zroid

Banned
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

All stores in the Loblaw chain in Canada are closed due to a computer outage, causing cash registers to malfunction, the company’s customer service department confirms.

The problem affects all stores in the chain, including Shopper’s Drug Mart, No Frills, Real Canadian Superstore, and others.

There is no estimated time of restoration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom