• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Placed an Ebay order on the 13th of January that is coming from Japan. Most basic mailing option available. No reason to panic that its not here yet, right?
I don't think there's any reason to panic. I ordered some moto parts on eBay from China with the cheapest shipping option and one of them took like 2 months.

Cheap Move controllers?

Anywhere?

You could order these from superufo. I ordered a 64gb Vita memory card from them and it arrived on time and in great condition. I believe everything in priced in US$ though.

I had been scouring for move controllers for ages. I found one in London drugs for mega discount last year, and one in Shoppers Drug Mart, but I imagine that's kind of rare. I would also recommend flea markets or pawn shops.

PS Move 18.72
http://www.superufo.com/products/ps3/PlayStation_3__2__1_PS3_SONY_MOVE_CONTROLLER__RB_.html

or
PS Move - 21.95
http://www.superufo.com/products/ps3/PlayStation_3__2__1_PS3_SONY_Move_Motion_Controller__Bulk_.html

Navigation controller
http://www.superufo.com/products/ps..._Move_Navigation_Controller__US_Version_.html

You could order these from superufo. I ordered a 64gb Vita memory card from them and it arrived on time and in great condition. I believe everything in priced in US$ though.

I had been scouring for move controllers for ages. I found one in London drugs for mega discount last year, and one in Shoppers Drug Mart, but I imagine that's kind of rare. I would also recommend flea markets or pawn shops.

PS Move 18.72
http://www.superufo.com/products/ps3/PlayStation_3__2__1_PS3_SONY_MOVE_CONTROLLER__RB_.html

or
PS Move - 21.95
http://www.superufo.com/products/ps3/PlayStation_3__2__1_PS3_SONY_Move_Motion_Controller__Bulk_.html

Navigation controller
http://www.superufo.com/products/ps..._Move_Navigation_Controller__US_Version_.html

Thanks.

I will go the flea market/mom & pop store route first but may have to settle on these.

I noticed that in the US Move products are a lot cheaper, and it's not just the exchange. They are a lot more rare up here.

farisr

New Deal

Final Fantasy X/X-2 remaster for PS4 is $19.99 at Best Buy and Amazon

Lowest I've ever seen it
Thanks, I was just looking at the PSN listing of the game yesterday (looking for things to get me to $100) and wondering why the heck it was still 59.99. $19.99 and physical release = perfect for me.

My 3DS has been stuck in Richmond, B.C. for the past 4 days without any update on the tracking. It shipped last Saturday via Canada Post.

My Mega Man legacy has been in Richmond, B.C. for the past 2 days without any update (but this one is shipping via Fedex). It shipped Tuedays.

What is going on in Richmond?!

Did you guys get any update on your 3ds from Richmond?

Mine is still there today...no news

Palehorse

Bizarre, you'd think someone would have mentioned it in here by now.

giphy.gif

This dollar has me in a dark place...looking for deals in all the wrong places.

I don't think there's any reason to panic. I ordered some moto parts on eBay from China with the cheapest shipping option and one of them took like 2 months.

This.

I am awaiting a Japan package at 31 days and counting. Yesterday I received another Japan package in 4 days. Yes, 4 days.

It's like a lottery.

Found a Shoppers selling Move controllers for $20 each. I think I can do better but I picked it up anyway because the only other place I see them for is $50 on Amazon outside of buying them from US/Overseas retailers.

They had the official charging cradle for $10.

I don't even remember how much this stuff was at launch.

I will keep it sealed for the PSVR announcement to see if they get redesigned or if you have to buy them with the unit.

This.

I am awaiting a Japan package at 31 days and counting. Yesterday I received another Japan package in 4 days. Yes, 4 days.

It's like a lottery.

I wonder sometimes if the cheaper shipping options from Japan are basically "put the package on a container boat, wait for boat to fill up, sail boat to North America, distribute via local mail." It would explain some of the variability in delivery times, at least.

DQH and Wasteland 2 are mighty tempting, but I already bought MGSV and The Witness 2 days ago. It's better to wait it out for now I think.

Compared to what we used to get it's a disappointment.

Yeah but games like COD, Halo, AC, etc were fairly cheap with the E3 sales and getting 35$ for them isn't that bad.

They are also the kind of games that you can find later on for really cheap if you feel like buying them again.

Yeah, seems fair to me. Having games like Syndicate and CoD still is pretty good, they've been super cheap.

Hell, Halo is $35 at EB right now. If you were confident you could get what you want out of it in a week, you can make your money back

I guess I just miss the good ol'days of $59.99 games and trade two for $60 that included $10 vita games.

I looked at the trade in values and I can still get $65 for Just Cause 3 and NHL 16. I may do that. Curious how much I would get for them from EB with the extra trade in credit for Platinum.

Found a Shoppers selling Move controllers for $20 each. I think I can do better but I picked it up anyway because the only other place I see them for is $50 on Amazon outside of buying them from US/Overseas retailers.

They had the official charging cradle for $10.

I don't even remember how much this stuff was at launch.

I will keep it sealed for the PSVR announcement to see if they get redesigned or if you have to buy them with the unit.

They were fairly expensive at launch. I think it was at least $50 per PS Move, at least 25 for a navigation controller, and then you needed the PC Eye camera. I think the Camera, move and game bundles used to go for at least $110. $20 each from shoppers, especially if you get shoppers points, is actually a pretty decent price. I agree that they seem hard to find up in Canada (or at least in Vancouver), so these may be close to the best you can find currently.

Do you plan on using them at all with PS3? They are actually pretty cool controllers. I'd highly recommend getting a gun shell, and nabbing all the House of the Dead games and Dead Space extraction if you like light gun shooters.

I probably have at least one extra PS Eye lying around from my old flea market booth if you need a cheap camera for PS3.

killroy87

I guess I just miss the good ol'days of $59.99 games and trade two for $60 that included $10 vita games.

I looked at the trade in values and I can still get $65 for Just Cause 3 and NHL 16. I may do that. Curious how much I would get for them from EB with the extra trade in credit for Platinum.

The one benefit of Best Buy trade deals is that they are usually just another way of saying "these games currently trade for $35". You don't need to trade in two

They were fairly expensive at launch. I think it was at least $50 per PS Move, at least 25 for a navigation controller, and then you needed the PC Eye camera. I think the Camera, move and game bundles used to go for at least $110. $20 each from shoppers, especially if you get shoppers points, is actually a pretty decent price. I agree that they seem hard to find up in Canada (or at least in Vancouver), so these may be close to the best you can find currently.

Do you plan on using them at all with PS3? They are actually pretty cool controllers. I'd highly recommend getting a gun shell, and nabbing all the House of the Dead games and Dead Space extraction if you like light gun shooters.

I probably have at least one extra PS Eye lying around from my old flea market booth if you need a cheap camera for PS3.

I was just considering holding them for the PSVR but they actually had the PS3 camera for $15 and now I'm tempted to nab it since I have a few PS Move compatible games laying around.

House of the Dead is fantastic.

I was just considering holding them for the PSVR but they actually had the PS3 camera for $15 and now I'm tempted to nab it since I have a few PS Move compatible games laying around.

House of the Dead is fantastic.

I'd say grab it. PS Move is amazing as a lightgun. House of the Dead 3, 4, and Overkill are all totally worth it If you can find a copy, Time Crisis Razing storm, which also has Deadstorm Pirates and Time Crisis 4 is an awesome score too.

I have one of these gun shells, and it works like a charm:
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2010/06/attachmentrightsidelighted-1276676403.jpg

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
If we're talking Move compatible games, check out Child of Eden it's amazing.

Samemind

So today I dropped by Archambault on a whim and they're liquidating stock of video games 70% off. Mind, browsing what they had went like: CoD, CoD, CoD, Sports, Battlefield, CoD, Sports, Sports, Battlefield, Dance game, Dance game, CoD, Sports...

I grabbed Freakyforms, Dark Void and Never Dead for $11

So today I dropped by Archambault on a whim and they're liquidating stock of video games 70% off. Mind, browsing what they had went like: CoD, CoD, CoD, Sports, Battlefield, CoD, Sports, Sports, Battlefield, Dance game, Dance game, CoD, Sports...

I grabbed Freakyforms, Dark Void and Never Dead for $11

Mastering the art of barrel scraping.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Best I could find was 10% off at Costco. (Which is more like 13% if you have exec membership plus a rewards MC)
I wonder if the days of 25-30% off iTunes credit is done. The funny thing is that it just means you're paying the same price for things a month ago.

Lexxism

I wonder if the days of 25-30% off iTunes credit is done. The funny thing is that it just means you're paying the same price for things a month ago.
I remember seeing those 20% off iTunes card last December. It's just 2 months of the year. We will see. Hopefully they will give discounts again.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Decided to put some games I'm done with up on kijiji and I swear people on here are pathological hagglers. No matter how cheap I've priced my game, they always want to offer less.

The best one was some guy who offered me $20 for Black Ops 3 (I put it up for $40) and he would pick it up TONIGHT as if he's doing me a huge favour. I replied back saying "I'm not sure $20 is low enough, you sure you don't want it for $10?"

post-S

I wonder sometimes if the cheaper shipping options from Japan are basically "put the package on a container boat, wait for boat to fill up, sail boat to random destination, wait until it arrives in North America, distribute via local mail." It would explain some of the variability in delivery times, at least.
Fixed for you

KarmaCow

Decided to put some games I'm done with up on kijiji and I swear people on here are pathological hagglers. No matter how cheap I've priced my game, they always want to offer less.

The best one was some guy who offered me $20 for Black Ops 3 (I put it up for $40) and he would pick it up TONIGHT as if he's doing me a huge favour. I replied back saying "I'm not sure $20 is low enough, you sure you don't want it for $10?"

Kijiji attracts the kind of people who seek out garage sales.

tiijj

Most of them are just fishing, they give a really low number to pretty much every ads they see, if someone bites they get some deal, if they don't well nothing to lose. If the seller bite but they don't want it, they'll just ignore the reply or say that they're not interested anymore or something came up.

If you're selling something from kijiji and you got a low ball offer, just delete and stop wasting your time replying and worrying about it.

Best Buy will give you 35$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom