• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRG01

Does anyone know the best way to get rid of an OG 60GB PS3? I thought of Kijiji at first, but that's a huge hassle... but EB Games won't give me much for it, right?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Does anyone know the best way to get rid of an OG 60GB PS3? I thought of Kijiji at first, but that's a huge hassle... but EB Games won't give me much for it, right?
I mean if you want to get money for it you'll have to sell it yourself. There will be some people who will want one for the PS2 BC or the parts.

jitterbug

Neo Member
For those still looking:

the new Nintendo 3DS - Pokémon 20th Anniversary Bundle is in stock at toysrus.ca.

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=89237306

Also showing back in stock once again at ebgames.ca (link is in post above mine)

Happy Pokémon Day Everyone!

Edit - Toys R Us is now sold out online. Apparently each store should have received stock and you can do in store pick up on the website if it is available in your area. EB games still has stock online.

I recently grabbed a mint, modded, 60gb phat ps3 for $100 on kijiji. It may not be worth it to sell it.

Swhalen

If it's the first version that had built in backwards compatibility, it is actually fairly valuable.
I sold mine in Craigslist for $200.

If yours has 4 USB slots it will support backwards compatibility.

Given that Kingdom Hearts won't be out for probably 3 years should i just expect to see this email every day until then?

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We wanted to let you know there's a delay with one or more items in the order you placed on June 16, 2015

"Final Fantasy XV PS4"
Estimated ship date: December 28, 2015 - December 29, 2015
"Kingdom Hearts 3 PS4"
"Deus Ex Mankind Divided - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition"
Estimated ship date: February 18, 2016 - February 19, 2016
"Mirror's Edge Catalyst Playstation 4"

N° 2048

Given that Kingdom Hearts won't be out for probably 3 years should i just expect to see this email every day until then?

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We wanted to let you know there's a delay with one or more items in the order you placed on June 16, 2015

"Final Fantasy XV PS4"
"Kingdom Hearts 3 PS4"
"Deus Ex Mankind Divided - PlayStation 4 Standard Edition"
"Mirror's Edge Catalyst Playstation 4"

Holy I've been getting the Mirror's Edge email everyday now too.

I believe this stopped for me when I updated the shipping on my order? (Just hit the "change shipping options" button, keep your existing shipping option selected and hit ok) Amazon will reparse and split up the order as needed based on ship dates.

I actually got emails for this for so long I didn't know it stopped, but it seems to have stopped around when I did that update?

I've never had Amazon send me mail on multiple consecutive days about shipping delays. Maybe it's a glitch associated with one of the games in your orders? I have Mirror's Edge Catalyst PS4 in mine and I'm not getting it, but maybe FF15/KH3/Mankind Divided?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I believe this stopped for me when I updated the shipping on my order? (Just hit the "change shipping options" button, keep your existing shipping option selected and hit ok) Amazon will reparse and split up the order as needed based on ship dates.

I actually got emails for this for so long I didn't know it stopped, but it seems to have stopped around when I did that update?

I have the same thing. I've been upgraded to free express shipping too, so I'm afraid of losing it or being charged for it if I mess with the shipping options...

N° 2048

I have the same thing. I've been upgraded to free express shipping too, so I'm afraid of losing it or being charged for it if I mess with the shipping options...

Last time I did something like this all my orders got messed up and ruined my promos.
I do not advise it. Just make a filter in your email to put it in a spam folder.

Corey31

For those still looking:

the new Nintendo 3DS - Pokémon 20th Anniversary Bundle is in stock at toysrus.ca.

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=89237306

Also showing back in stock once again at ebgames.ca (link is in post above mine)

Happy Pokémon Day Everyone!

Edit - Toys R Us is now sold out online. Apparently each store should have received stock and you can do in store pick up on the website if it is available in your area. EB games still has stock online.

Now the opposite, EB back out of stock and Toys R Us back in stock.

Canon

Banned
Speaking of Pokemon, does anyone have a Mew code they could sell me for a couple bucks? I tried getting one but EB Games sucks.

If anyone is interested, EB Games started selling the Pokken Tournament controllers today. I just picked one up but they had two, so be quick just in case.

It won't wreck your upgrade, in my experience. A CS thought upgrading shipping for me would make a 'stuck' item ship, but it didn't. So I updated, it shipped, and now the rest of that infamous email order is set to free next day shipping.

Trying to call Toys 'R Us (30 minutes away) to see if they have a N3DS Pokemon bundle. However, it's been busy for about 10 minutes now.

I also just realized that $239.99 plus tax is $271 effing dollars, so I may not bother.

khaaan

Alternatively, since you can transfer Pokemon from R/B/Y into the 3DS Pokemon box thing, you could grab a Mew from there or wait a little bit until the functionality is up and get a Mew from someone.

Faenix1

Went to walmart and they apparently have no Vita stock - besides a lone Borderlands 2 Vita. walmart.ca is apparently sold out of memory cards.

Is this a sign I need to swallow my hesitance and just pick up a 32 GB Vita card soon if I want one, or is this mostly just Walmart not supporting the platform?

Really hating this gen lately. All the games I want go out of stock so quickly and my net speed isn't stable for non-handheld digital games. >_>

Is there anywhere to get New 3DS faceplates in Canada? I'm guessing no, and if so, anyone know somewhere I can get them that won't obliterate me with shipping?

Canon

Banned
Trying to call Toys 'R Us (30 minutes away) to see if they have a N3DS Pokemon bundle. However, it's been busy for about 10 minutes now.

I also just realized that $239.99 plus tax is $271 effing dollars, so I may not bother.

Omg. That's crazy expensive. Wait it out until after e3, will have a better idea of NX and backward compatibility.

krae_man

You do know it's $199US and comes with 2 $10US games pre installed right?

Omg. That's crazy expensive. Wait it out until after e3, will have a better idea of NX and backward compatibility.

You do know it's $199US and comes with 2 $10US games pre installed right?

It's expensive when it's about 1/4 of my monthly income, and because I likely wouldn't use it much given that I have an XL. It'd just free me up to take the XL places with me, because it'd quell my OCD.

Just can't justify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom