• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

farisr

Decided to put some games I'm done with up on kijiji and I swear people on here are pathological hagglers. No matter how cheap I've priced my game, they always want to offer less.

The best one was some guy who offered me $20 for Black Ops 3 (I put it up for $40) and he would pick it up TONIGHT as if he's doing me a huge favour. I replied back saying "I'm not sure $20 is low enough, you sure you don't want it for $10?"
I have a template for my kijiji posts and it's made life much easier.

I set a fair price, have "price is firm" "no trades swaps" "not negotiable" and a "if this listing is up, that means it's still available" message as well and something along the lines of "If you're not willing to follow these conditions, you will not receive a reply from me"

It has stopped nearly all the stupid inquiries, and usually the first or 2nd person to contact me ends up buying the game with just one or two messages exchanged. Occasionally get one or two guys saying some lowballed price, those messages gets deleted right away. Just made the kijiji experience so much easier. These guys clearly don't respect your listing/time, so why even bother responding.

Most of them are just fishing, they give a really low number to pretty much every ads they see, if someone bites they get some deal, if they don't well nothing to lose. If the seller bite but they don't want it, they'll just ignore the reply or say that they're not interested anymore or something came up.

If you're selling something from kijiji and you got a low ball offer, just delete and stop wasting your time replying and worrying about it.

Yeah I put my Vita on sale for $80 and they were asking for $40 or even $65 in cash. I was thinking how else would they pay me and never spent the energy to reply.

Decided to put some games I'm done with up on kijiji and I swear people on here are pathological hagglers. No matter how cheap I've priced my game, they always want to offer less.

The best one was some guy who offered me $20 for Black Ops 3 (I put it up for $40) and he would pick it up TONIGHT as if he's doing me a huge favour. I replied back saying "I'm not sure $20 is low enough, you sure you don't want it for $10?"

Yup that sounds about right.

My favourite is when they agree on the price and location and just never show ...

Dazzler

I just listed my Wii U on Craigslist and I found a buyer with minimal fuss. Accepted $50 less than initial price, but guy seems ok so I'm happy to sell to him

Lexxism

Listed a 32GB Wii U for $400 with

Super Mario Maker
Mario Kart 8
Hyrule Warriors
Wind Waker
Zombi U
Mario 3D World

Priced it to sell quickly as I need the cash money
Oh. I got pretty much the same games. Where did you meet? Like starbucks I guess? WiiU is pretty easy to sell since you don't have to visit a strangers house or yours to check if it is working or not.

Dazzler

Oh. I got pretty much the same games. Where did you meet? Like starbucks I guess? WiiU is pretty easy to sell since you don't have to visit a strangers house or yours to check if it is working or not.

Dude is coming to my apartment tonight

zoodoo

looking for a place to buy a laptop gaming or not, any advice?
My budget is $1500
I am in Montreal and online is fine for me

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Dude is coming to my apartment tonight

yep

rip in peace Dazzler

image.php

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
looking for a place to buy a laptop gaming or not, any advice?
My budget is $1500
I am in Montreal and online is fine for me

Do you really need a gaming laptop? Build a PC instead and get a cheap netbook or something.

i-Jest

If we're talking Move compatible games, check out Child of Eden it's amazing.

Ah yes, the prequel/sequel to REZ, one of my all time favorite rail shooters.

So today I dropped by Archambault on a whim and they're liquidating stock of video games 70% off. Mind, browsing what they had went like: CoD, CoD, CoD, Sports, Battlefield, CoD, Sports, Sports, Battlefield, Dance game, Dance game, CoD, Sports...

I grabbed Freakyforms, Dark Void and Never Dead for $11

I haven't checked out their website in a good while. Are these sales online too?

Got some success on Kijiji today, but I'm not sure if I priced my things too low or not. Put up my slim PS3, a few controllers and 16 other games (newest ones being GTA V and TLOU) for $150, and immidiately got 2 guys who wanted the deal.

Love that I got the swift response, but, knowing the notorious deal makers on Kijiji, not sure if my pricing was on point lol.

Someone offered me an airsoft rifle once for a game on Kijiji. I was also offered a couple old games like NHL 09 and DJ Hero.

Recently? FIFA 16 for Far Cry Primal. I just replied with, "You're trying to rip me off."

Almost all trade offers.

krae_man

walmarts always have the most random shit

my local walmart has/had a brand spankin new copy of God of War 2 for the PS2, shrinkwrap and everything

in 2016

All the stores near me still have random PSP games at full price including stuff like a $40 copy of Invizimals w/ camera.

Skikkiks

All the stores near me still have random PSP games at full price including stuff like a $40 copy of Invizimals w/ camera.

this was a while back but the SAME walmart had a holy buttload of PSP games sitting there until they sold them at clearance and if I had a PSP/was insane I could have bought:

• Patapon 3
  • Locoroco 2
  • Chinatown Wars (they had like 25+ copies of this shit)
  • the Motorstorm game
  • The Daxter/Clank double pack
  • the Syphon Filter double pack
  • a third double pack that I don't remember
  • the Killzone game
and more for like a bit more than 100 bucks

Kalren

Does anyone know/have the 'newer' futureshop order status page link?

I remember it being moved/changed a few times from the old Futureshop website to the Bestbuy website and then moved again to another page.

I can't seem to find it however.

thanks in advance

Anth0ny

walmarts always have the most random shit

my local walmart has/had a brand spankin new copy of God of War 2 for the PS2, shrinkwrap and everything

in 2016

This wal mart near me has a bunch of copies of other m and sin and punishment 2

For $69

BTails

Did anyone's Pokemon 3ds ship from Best Buy yet? There's one guy who was talking on reddit about orders being cancelled due to over selling.

Does anyone know/have the 'newer' futureshop order status page link?

I remember it being moved/changed a few times from the old Futureshop website to the Bestbuy website and then moved again to another page.

I can't seem to find it however.

thanks in advance

Doesn't exist anymore all links is directed to bestbuy.ca
Thank god for the email they send for update on pre-order if not i wouldve lost my 2 copies of division at 42$ each (needed to change cc number)

I still might buy the Pokemon N3DS if I can find it, but I'm still unsure. The only reason I'd buy it would be to quell my OCD, which prevents me from taking my N3DSXL that I got as a gift out of my room. I don't play it much because of that and have a backlog.

So, if I bought this, it would become my clean one and I could take the other one everywhere. I don't care about the Pokemon decals, but the bonus games are really nice. I want both anyways.

The N3DSXL is the better one, though, so I would maybe want that to be my clean one. However, I got an error on it and it glitched so it'd probably be better to have the new one as the clean one.

(Welcome to my fucked up mind)

... ? It's working fine for me. I haven't noticed any issues with it.

Weird

I get this:

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to www.scene.ca was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Doesn't exist anymore all links is directed to bestbuy.ca
Thank god for the email they send for update on pre-order if not i wouldve lost my 2 copies of division at 42$ each (needed to change cc number)

How DO you update the CC on those orders? I've got an old Futureshop Division PO om an old card and can't figure out how to change the card.

Is it return fraud if you get a game as a gift, already own it, and take it to Walmart to see if you can get store credit all while being honest about it? Just curious, as I know people sometimes do it and I've always wondered. I didn't see it as an example under the definition.

jred2k

How DO you update the CC on those orders? I've got an old Futureshop Division PO om an old card and can't figure out how to change the card.

You'll have to call support to do that. Once one of the games on an order has shipped, none of the self-serve options will work.

Is it return fraud if you get a game as a gift, already own it, and take it to Walmart to see if you can get store credit all while being honest about it?

It isn't fraud at all. Especially if you just want a gift card/store credit. Trusting that it was originally purchased from Walmart, that is.

You never know

But in my friend's case, no. But Walmart has the 3 no receipt returns per year thing.

He told me he tried it at one Walmart, but they said that they could only exchange it for another game because it's electronics.

Seems pretty clear that it's fraud to me, if you're asking about the ethics. Walmart's return policy, like nearly every other retailer, isn't intended to cover products they didn't actually sell to you.

Seems pretty clear that it's fraud to me, if you're asking about the ethics. Walmart's return policy, like nearly every other retailer, isn't intended to cover products they didn't actually sell to you.

Yeah, that was my thought.

I've heard of people doing it and wanted to get some thoughts out of curiosity. Hell, I know people who buy suits and other things, use them once then return them to Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom