• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cru Jones

Hey Canada GAF!

We're a Canadian company out of London, Ontario and we just launched our brand new PC games bundle site, GameBundle.com

https://www.gamebundle.com/gb/gamebundle

We have 8 titles in our debut bundle (6 games and 2 movies).

Pay more than $1
  • Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
  • Breach and Clear: Deadline
  • Pixel Poetry (Movie)
  • Good Game (Movie)
Beat the Average
  • Pathologic Classic HD (First time ever in a bundle!)
  • Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition
Pay More than $8
  • Train Fever
  • Mystery Game (Revealed March 7th)
Charity
We are giving 10% of Net Revenue to SpecialEffect a UK based charity who are hosting their GameBlast16 event this weekend.

I spoke with the mods and it's against the rules to create a thread about our new bundle (since I am affiliated with it as a founder) so I figured that as a Canadian I wanted to post it in this thread. Also Guacamelee and Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack are both made by a Canadians at Drinkbox Studios.

OG---Games-and-Charity.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware
A bundle for the Godus guy, cute.

There's an old indie bundle thread somewhere that you might want to post in as well.

jholmes

Finally got down to the Eaton Centre Microsoft store. Lots of Steam cards, but all in Canadian currency. Another deal missed...

Fularu

Banned
Best of luck with your bundle company (even if I fear the market is already prety crowded now with humble, indie gala, bundlestars and so on)

Agreed. But doesn't matter anyways, it's hard to justify $300 for a portable system and one game compared with the phone App Stores these days. Just bought xcom on my phone for $13 :)

Hopefully NX portable has decent Canada pricing more in line with most games at $10-$20.

Phones usually cost way more than 300$ and investing in the iOS ecosystem is ridiculous IMO... especially with all those delisted games that many have wasted their money on and can't redownload anymore/doesn't work on the latest version of iOS. The 3DS library is also WAY more interesting than the iOS one for someone who takes this hobby as seriously as many of us here.

I noticed that you seem to take every opportunity to self-reassure yourself for missing out on the fire emblem 3DS and SE. That's ok if you really feel satisfied with your investment towards the mobile side of gaming but come on man...

ohlawd

more often than not, most handheld games do justify their 40/50 price tag. easy bet I can make compared to 80 dollar console games or 5 dollar mobile games.

Hey Canada GAF!

We're a Canadian company out of London, Ontario and we just launched our brand new PC games bundle site, GameBundle.com

Pay more than $1
  • Pixel Poetry (Movie)
  • Good Game (Movie)
Beat the Average
Pay More than $8
  • Train Fever
Charity
We are giving 10% of Net Revenue to SpecialEffect a UK based charity who are hosting their GameBlast16 event this weekend.

I spoke with the mods and it's against the rules to create a thread about our new bundle (since I am affiliated with it as a founder) so I figured that as a Canadian I wanted to post it in this thread. Also Guacamelee and Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack are both made by a Canadians at Drinkbox Studios.

Best of luck with your bundle company (even if I fear the market is already prety crowded now with humble, indie gala, bundlestars and so on)

Congrats on your new business! It's competitive but great to see another local entrant.

stn

Guys, how long before I start worrying? Ordered a game from Japan on the most basic shipping. Shipped Jan 13th and yet still not here. Thoughts?

Oneself

New Deal

http://superclub-videotron.com/xbox-one/

Take a 2 years plan, @ 69.95$ or more per month with a Samsung Galaxy phone (S6, Note etc) and get a 300$ credit towards the Gears of War Xbox One bundle @ Microplay.

Vidéotron mobile is quite impressive BTW. If you already have home services with them, you get more rebates etc.

Guys, how long before I start worrying? Ordered a game from Japan on the most basic shipping. Shipped Jan 13th and yet still not here. Thoughts?

Didn't you get some responses when you asked the same thing yesterday?

Placed an Ebay order on the 13th of January that is coming from Japan. Most basic mailing option available. No reason to panic that its not here yet, right?

If you're really concerned, how many weeks did they say shipping would be? Email the seller if you want to.

Deal

Spend $80
Get $115 PSN credit value

First use code brcfeb on toysrus.ca
To get 20 off $100 and buy $100 PSN credit
Then you spend $100 on PSN network right now and get a $15 credit sent to you from Sony

Max_Po

Banned

Whats the value..sometimes its at Canada Customs. I ordered a Japanese Famicom..it was held..opened and inspected. ...

Ventara

Deal

Spend $80

Then you spend $100 on PSN network right now and get a $15 credit sent to you from Sony

Fantastic! I still have the $100 credit from Staples, but I'll definitely jump on this as well.

stn

Didn't you get some responses when you asked the same thing yesterday?

If you're really concerned, how many weeks did they say shipping would be? Email the seller if you want to.
I honestly didn't see any replies yesterday, no. The Ebay listing estimated a shipping time of Feb 12, its now two weeks after that. I spoke to the seller and he told that he definitely shipped it and that I just wait a bit longer. He has good feedback and all. This is my first time ever ordering anything from Asia, hence my paranoia.

LGom09

Did anyone buy anything from uPlay during that sale about a week ago? I'm almost positive the prices were advertised in CAD, but it shows up as USD on my credit card statement.

Thanks! It worked... Still waiting for the codes though.

Yeah. So am I. I checked my order history and nothing appeared there so I thought I screwed something up so purchased again. Checked order history again, still nothing. Checked my CC, and there's 2 $80 charges on my card now. Yikes! Not sure what to do. I'll have to call their customer service.

Here you go. The official Nintendo Canada store.

If you want any that aren't available here, you can always import from Play-Asia or chance an eBay reseller.
Matte faceplates are your friend.

Awesome! Didn't even think to look at Nintendo's site! Thanks!
Hey Canada GAF!

Pay more than $1
  • Pixel Poetry (Movie)
  • Good Game (Movie)
Beat the Average
Pay More than $8
  • Train Fever
Charity

Great to see a fellow Londoner! Don't play many PC games but I'll support you guys just for being local. Best of luck!

I honestly didn't see any replies yesterday, no. The Ebay listing estimated a shipping time of Feb 12, its now two weeks after that. I spoke to the seller and he told that he definitely shipped it and that I just wait a bit longer. He has good feedback and all. This is my first time ever ordering anything from Asia, hence my paranoia.

Based on 30 small packets of video games from Japan and two consoles, average time is 2 weeks, most was ~4 weeks. Coincidentally, one package this month took 5 weeks. Another is entering week 6 still not received.

My friends have had to wait up to 8 weeks, but that was from HK.

Hope this info helps :)

stn

Based on 30 small packets of video games from Japan and two consoles, average time is 2 weeks, most was ~4 weeks. Coincidentally, one package this month took 5 weeks. Another is entering week 6 still not received.

My friends have had to wait up to 8 weeks, but that was from HK.

Hope this info helps :)
Yes, thank you! Its now the 6th week, hopefully it gets here soon. Here's hoping!

It finally happened. I came across someone that tried to change a Kijiji deal at the door. The guy offered $60 for FE Conquest and Birthright, I said $65 at the lowest and he said deal. He comes with a friend, his friend gives me $60, and I said it was supposed to be $65. The actual guy pulls out the $5 and said "Oh, you wanted $65? You're relentless". At least they easily gave up.

jayu26

It finally happened. I came across someone that tried to change a Kijiji deal at the door. The guy offered $60 for FE Conquest and Birthright, I said $65 at the lowest and he said deal. He comes with a friend, his friend gives me $60, and I said it was supposed to be $65. The actual guy pulls out the $5 and said "Oh, you wanted $65? You're relentless". At least they easily gave up.
Dickbags. (Shakes head...)

Fularu

Banned

Welcome to the club

They're dumb to try to pull that when they'Re the ones coming over to your place, can just tell them to gtfo and they will have done it for nothing.

At least they gave you what you wanted (65$ for both Conquest and Birthright is prety cheap)

I honestly forget what game I was selling at the time, but I once had a guy come to my door and offer me $30 for something that we had agreed to $50 for by email.

He looks at the game, and says:

Him: Cool, cool, so, $30?

Me: We agreed on $50.

Him: ....40?

Me: .....50.

Him: ...45?

Me: ..........50.

He then forcefully pushes two 20s and two 5s at me, I grab them, and he snatches up the game and stomps off all pissed off.

I don't know what it is about kijiji that makes dumb people think that they know how to haggle, but man, they sure come out in droves.

Welcome to the club

They're dumb to try to pull that when they'Re the ones coming over to your place, can just tell them to gtfo and they will have done it for nothing.

At least they gave you what you wanted (65$ for both Conquest and Birthright is prety cheap)

Yup. I got one of the FE for 30% off, and the other for 60% off. I put them up at $40 each or $70 for the pair. A guy earlier today offered $70 and never came. So I just wanted to get rid of them, and that is why I agreed to $65. But I have gotten tons of emails asking to buy one of them for $30 each. They honestly thought they could get a brand new game for almost 50% off retail after tax. In the end, I did sell them for $32.50 each, but I still made about $12.

I honestly forget what game I was selling at the time, but I once had a guy come to my door and offer me $30 for something that we had agreed to $50 for by email.

He looks at the game, and says:

Him: Cool, cool, so, $30?

Me: We agreed on $50.

Him: ....40?

Me: .....50.

Him: ...45?

Me: ..........50.

He then forcefully pushes two 20s and two 5s at me, I grab them, and he snatches up the game and stomps off all pissed off.

I don't know what it is about kijiji that makes dumb people think that they know how to haggle, but man, they sure come out in droves.

Wow. That is crazy. I have done tens of deal on Kijiji, but this was the first time someone tried to change the price in person.

Deal

Spend $80

Ordered. Lets see what happens. Seems like it's working for some people.

Sora_N

Kijiji is not popular in Vancouver.

I've been hella busy the past 2 months.

I listed some PVC figure on Craigslist and this one guy wanted it so bad he was patient enough to wait over a month for me. He even offered solutions to meet up and eventually he drove to my house to meet me after I got home from work. On the meetup day he got to my house before me.

I never had that happen before.

I didn't even care if it was sold. If he wasn't so persistent and patient I would have just canceled lol.

I was selling it sorta cheap though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom