• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovii

Just bought two by making a toysrus account and paying with my CC. Still no confirmation email. I'm really hoping this went through.

kevin1025

Banned
I honestly forget what game I was selling at the time, but I once had a guy come to my door and offer me $30 for something that we had agreed to $50 for by email.

He looks at the game, and says:

Him: Cool, cool, so, $30?

Me: We agreed on $50.

Him: ....40?

Me: .....50.

Him: ...45?

Me: ..........50.

He then forcefully pushes two 20s and two 5s at me, I grab them, and he snatches up the game and stomps off all pissed off.

I don't know what it is about kijiji that makes dumb people think that they know how to haggle, but man, they sure come out in droves.

When I was selling my camera and all its equipment a couple years back, this one guy spent 10 e-mails haggling with me at absurdly low prices, and then I finally told him no and that it felt like he was just playing with me. He then spent the rest of the day sending me close to 40 e-mails offering me less and less, and getting more belligerent as time went on.

Kijiji at its best!

WEGGLES

Kijiji is so annoying. Was selling a TV for $100, which was more than fair for the TV. Someone offered me $20. I'd throw the TV in the trash and send that person a pic of it in the trash over selling it for such a low ball offer.

And people ask for such dumbass shit. Was selling a Xbox 360 with ONE controller. Someone called at 1am to ask to buy just the controller for like $15. First of all, again low ball. Second, how will I sell a 360 without a controller? Also it's 1am.

I dread selling stuff on kijiji...

Parapraxis

Kijiji is so annoying. Was selling a TV for $100, which was more than fair for the TV. Someone offered me $20. I'd throw the TV in the trash and send that person a pic of it in the trash over selling it for such a low ball offer.

And people ask for such dumbass shit. Was selling a Xbox 360 with ONE controller. Someone called at 1am to ask to buy just the controller for like $15. First of all, again low ball. Second, how will I sell a 360 without a controller? Also it's 1am.

I dread selling stuff on kijiji...

e-mail only and don't bother replying to idiots.

Be firm on prices and make it clear you won't reply to bad offers. I think always taking good pictures helps as well.

I have had great luck on kijiji, I don't low-ball people though, and I don't move much on my prices either.

diaspora

So, this is just getting $100 of PSN credit for $80 right? Then getting an additional $15 back when its spent?

edit: yep

WEGGLES

e-mail only and don't bother replying to idiots.

Be firm on prices and make it clear you won't reply to bad offers. I think always taking good pictures helps as well.

I have had great luck on kijiji, I don't low-ball people though, and I don't move much on my prices either.

I've stopped putting my number in ads for that very reason. And even when I specify "firm price" "cash only" etc. people still email me asking to trade a first gen iPhone with a cracked screen for my OnePlus One or w/e. I don't even reply, but it's still frustrating to see that shit. I generally don't like selling shit. So rarely do I have something I want to part with that's worth that much in the first place.

Vinc

Been around 6 hours since I ordered and didn't get the codes from Toysrus yet. Hopefully I'll have em by tomorrow morning. Still gotta figure out how to spend the 100 bucks though... thinking of getting the Fallout 4 season pass, Shovel Knight and a year of PS+

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Deal

Spend $80
Get $115 PSN credit value

First use code brcfeb on toysrus.ca
To get 20 off $100 and buy $100 PSN credit
Then you spend $100 on PSN network right now and get a $15 credit sent to you from Sony

And got it! :)

Thanks for the heads-up Death

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Hey Canada GAF!

We're a Canadian company out of London, Ontario and we just launched our brand new PC games bundle site, GameBundle.com

https://www.gamebundle.com/gb/gamebundle

We have 8 titles in our debut bundle (6 games and 2 movies).

Pay more than $1
  • Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
  • Breach and Clear: Deadline
  • Pixel Poetry (Movie)
  • Good Game (Movie)
Beat the Average
  • Pathologic Classic HD (First time ever in a bundle!)
  • Guacamelee: Super Turbo Championship Edition
Pay More than $8
  • Train Fever
  • Mystery Game (Revealed March 7th)
Charity
We are giving 10% of Net Revenue to SpecialEffect a UK based charity who are hosting their GameBlast16 event this weekend.

I spoke with the mods and it's against the rules to create a thread about our new bundle (since I am affiliated with it as a founder) so I figured that as a Canadian I wanted to post it in this thread. Also Guacamelee and Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack are both made by a Canadians at Drinkbox Studios.

Ah so this is what you're upto these days :)

Jashobeam

Same here... I guess we had to create a toysrus.ca account instead of login in via paypal...

damn wish I saw this post before I ordered and payed with paypal, now how do we get the code? I don't even have an order number or anything, did I just waste $80? lol

edit: got my confirmation with order number from toysrus, hopefully this means the codes will be emailed shortly

edit 2: I got my codes just now. It was sent to my paypal email, the codes are sent from codes2go.net. yes time to go on a ps store shopping spree lol

I probably should have quoted that deal to avoid non gaffers from seeing it. Unless there's a limit on how many times you can use the coupon, there's no limit to how many times you could purchase this. Sure the PSN sale only lasts until Tuesday, but the deal with the cards still saves you $20.

What I hope to do...

tru cards + psn critics sale + psn credit back = maximizing my Canadian dollar.

Jashobeam

I probably should have quoted that deal to avoid non gaffers from seeing it. Unless there's a limit on how many times you can use the coupon, there's no limit to how many times you could purchase this. Sure the PSN sale only lasts until Tuesday, but the deal with the cards still saves you $20.

I'm thinking about buying another 2 cards and the discount code still seems to work. $20 savings is awesome if you get a PS+ subscription since those usually don't go on sale.

I'm thinking about buying another 2 cards and the discount code still seems to work. $20 savings is awesome if you get a PS+ subscription since those usually don't go on sale.

Well I know for sure you van buy it atleast twice as I accidently did so thinking my order didn't go through.

Jashobeam

Well I know for sure you van buy it atleast twice as I accidently did so thinking my order didn't go through.

yup my order went through, 2 times is my limit tho. Wish I had $1000 lying around because that's a free $200 worth of games, not bad at all.

This is definitely an error on toysrus's end, take advantage of it while you can.

Amazing mash up tshirt from ript apparel if you're a dc/inside out fan...

31267-detail-56c771b14e41a_1024x1024.png

https://www.riptapparel.com/collections/inside-arkham

$11 today, $16 tomorrow, then gone.

Oneself

Finally got my order confirmation email.

One thing though... It states "standard ground shipping" for a digital download code. I don't like the sound of that. Welp

Jashobeam

Finally got my order confirmation email.

One thing though... It states "standard ground shipping" for a digital download code. I don't like the sound of that. Welp

don't worry mine said the same thing and I got my code around 2 hours after the confirmation email.

Quenk

I just got my confirmation email from toysrus after ordering last night. Thanks for posting about that deal :D

Tapejara

Best Buy will still price match if the product is sold out online but available in-store, correct? I want to pick up Halo 5: Guardians, and I figure I might as well get the extra 10% off and use one of my $5 Reward Zone certificates, but it's sold out online on the EB Games site.

Best Buy will still price match if the product is sold out online but available in-store, correct? I want to pick up Halo 5: Guardians, and I figure I might as well get the extra 10% off and use one of my $5 Reward Zone certificates, but it's sold out online on the EB Games site.

Yes, they will match, just show them the EB flyer (online or paper). Never had an issue :)

If they say unsure of stock, then show them the website stock checker. In some cases, others customers have already asked for it so they (cashier) are already familiar and PM right away, no problem. It's easy.

Tapejara

Yes, they will match, just show them the EB flyer (online or paper). Never had an issue :)

If they say unsure of stock, then show them the website stock checker. In some cases, others customers have already asked for it so they (cashier) are already familiar and PM right away, no problem. It's easy.

Awesome!

Jashobeam

Well I got my second set of codes and it seems there's a $150 wallet limit, I was aware there was a limit but thought it was higher.

Haven't even received my confirmation from toysrus and I ordered 6 hours ago. Paypal is sitting at "authorization" so it hasn't cleared my payment yet. Am I effed? At least I PDF-printed my order number.

Lexxism

Haven't even received my confirmation from toysrus and I ordered 6 hours ago. Paypal is sitting at "authorization" so it hasn't cleared my payment yet. Am I effed? At least I PDF-printed my order number.
Nope. That's normal. I just got my confirmation just a while ago when I ordered it last night around 11pm.

Not sure why everyone is so worried. There's bee 0 cases of this deal not going through for someone.

I got my codes from codes2go last night. My confirmation number didn't come in until this morning.

Lexxism

I'm thinking of getting PS+ 49.99 and Bloodborne 23.99 (PS+) with a total of $73.98. And I'm 26.02 away for $100. What game should I get for that amount? Any suggestion?

Note: No PSV game please since I don't have it anymore.

I'm thinking of getting PS+ 49.99 and Bloodborne 23.99 (PS+) with a total of $73.98. And I'm 26.02 away for $100. What game should I get for that amount? Any suggestion?

Sfv season pass? Mkx kombat pack 2?

Mimosa97

Until dawn ?

Btw do PSN codes have an expiration date ? I'm going all digital this gen so I might spend another 200$ on codes but I can't use them right now as there's nothing I want to buy and there's a 150$ wallet limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom