• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
It'll be sitting on my shelf for awhile, I'm not in the mood at all at the moment. I am excited to go through it again eventually.

Same I still need to play Majora's Mask 3D even :lol

I'll probably plug the amiibo into Super Mario Maker though, that sprite looks badass

nguyeken

Neo Member
gonna stock up on those 11.99 isolating Sony earphones

I always buy them. Didn't know they reviewed so poorly.

Better to buy the Chinese brand inear. They sound far better and built stronger. Look up Xaomi Piston 3/Hybrids or the Knowledge Zenith. Only downfall is waiting a month for it to be delivered.

Jamaal23

Neo Member
Dang, now I wish I would did a pre-order when they had their discounts.
Oh well.

I don't think it was illegible for the discount, the most recent one anyway.

I think what Luigi means is that pre-ordering at $84.99 - 20% wasn't appealing, which is also the reason I didn't pre-order during the last promotion. I don't think many of us expected it to drop to $69.99.

Nope, it was ineligible like Lostconfused stated. From what I recall it originally had the "pre-order two or more games and save 20%" promotion wording/link (right under the price and seller details) on the product page, but wasn't actually included in the list of qualifying titles. They removed the promotion wording/link from the product page within hours of that promotion starting to correct themselves.

bryt

Thanks for telling us about the $80 PSN codes. I now have $150 in my wallet. This will last me a long time since I only buy digital games when they're on a deep discount.

Canon

Banned
My New 3DS Pokemon arrived from Best Buy, and it has 2 IPS screens (I think)

jbimpub.jpg

(new 3ds xl, new 3ds, 3ds xl original)

However it has severe backlight bleeding... well, severe to me. I would return it if it was common to get two IPS screens, but I'm not sure. Image of that: http://imgur.com/a/HWyTn

CO_Andy

Anybody here on Canada gaf willing to help this USA gaffer purchase a cheap gaming item on eBay and ship it to me? This particular seller refuses to ship internationally.

Ventara

Anybody here on Canada gaf willing to help this USA gaffer purchase a cheap gaming item on eBay and ship it to me? This particular seller refuses to ship internationally.

Shoot me a PM with the details. I wouldn't mind helping a fellow gaffer out.

Ryde3

If you don't mind waiting for 1-2 months shipping, look into Xiaomi Piston 2, Piston 3 or Xiaomi Hybrids. These have very good reviews and are comparable to 100$ hearbuds for 20-25$. Piston 2 have more bass than the 3, while the 3 are clearer. The Hybrid is a mix of both. I listen to bass heavy music and I really love the Hybrids.

I bought these myself for 40$ (8$ more) instead of waiting 1 month of shipping I got it in two days with prime shipping: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0183Q6GYG/

But you can get them for cheaper on website like gearbest: http://www.gearbest.com/earphones/pp_261864.html 32$ but 1-2 month shipping

And the Piston 3: http://www.gearbest.com/earphones/pp_169225.html 23$, 1-2 month shipping

Thank you, I've seen these recommended more than once, appreciate it alot!

ohlawd

Thank you, I've seen these recommended more than once, appreciate it alot!
I'd get them, but I don't feel like YOLO'ing earbuds that take 1-2 months to deliver

I googled this site and people are mostly unhappy with lost deliveries, mediocre customer reps and whatever. gonna dig around for alternate sites for the buds

I'd get them, but I don't feel like YOLO'ing earbuds that take 1-2 months to deliver

I googled this site and people are mostly unhappy with lost deliveries, mediocre customer reps and whatever. gonna dig around for alternate sites for the buds

Get them from Amazon imo, could not be happier with my pairs of Hybrids, took two days to reach me, and you get all the customer protection from Amazon.

Toys 'R Us didn't get more Pokemon 3DS systems in as they'd thought. I kind of figured that. Ah well.

Sellers have them on Amazon, but they start at about $390-400, which is insane. People are absurd sometimes.

I get trying to make extra money, but it'd be hard for me to do that. I got an extra Wii U and PS4 at launch and ended up just selling them at MSRP or just slightly higher.

The new basic cable $25 packages are live today for all providers.

(Not intending to start a cable v cord cutting discussion - just an FYI)

krae_man

I hope the CRTC takes notice and comes at them hard when the inevitable skinny internet comes and mandates minimum speeds and caps that are actually viable and doesn't let Rogers and Bell come up with them on their own.

I can see it now. $24.99 skinny cable 2mbps and a 5gb cap!

snack

What a bunch of horse crap. These skinny cable packages are rip offs. Better off streaming everything through the Internet.

I like the price point for skinny cable, considering what we normally pay, but I'd probably want to add a bunch of channels that I'd miss. I see it doesn't come with Sportsnet or TSN, nor the network channels.

So it'd likely end up being close to as costly.

I just want better internet.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Unlimited internet and an HD antenna are all you need.

DJ_Lae

Telus fiber can't come soon enough. Couldn't even get a reliable 50mbps to our house, had to drop down to 25.

Would go with Shaw but then I'd have to be with Shaw.

Telus fiber can't come soon enough. Couldn't even get a reliable 50mbps to our house, had to drop down to 25.

Would go with Shaw but then I'd have to be with Shaw.

First world problems :p

Try dealing with 5.9mb/s. It's depressing, and actually makes my depression worse since I'm on the net a lot.

Are they going to change our existing basic cable plans or are these new mandated options required by CRTC? New Rogers basic doesn't even have Sportsnet!

Also Fallout 4 season pass is $69.99 CAD!

Ahahah! Publishers really have a twisted sense of humor. I shudder when I think about what the NX might cost here.

:(

Yup. I assume Far Harbor will be $35.99 here vs $25 in US. Better off waiting for the GOTY/Ultimate release.

30 was the price error. 40 is what it was corrected to.

I thought it was $29 until I saw the adjusted price last weekend. Not biting. I would've picked it up for $29.

I don't think so. Looking at Rogers they still have the basic cable on their packages.

Sweet. I have a basic cable + next box 3 on a retention deal with no notices on my last bill regarding changes. What's the a la carte prices for single channels?

Yeah a friend brought it to my attention, probably because he watches news - and only news - all day. So it's like under $40 for him, something about basic plus some news bundle. (versus $60-$70 before? Not sure)

Lexxism

Sweet. I have a basic cable + next box 3 on a retention deal with no notices on my last bill regarding changes. What's the a la carte prices for single channels?
They don't have the price for single channel. I don't know when they will show it but all they have currently is pretty much theme channels a la "Sports, Entertainment, etc". Also, I think you can't add any of these theme channels if you have the Basic Cable. We probably need to get their starter cable or whatever. It will be nice if I can add the TSN channels for like $5 lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom