• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

killroy87

Honestly, a phone is what you spend so much of your time on. If you aren't a big fan of Android and are very used to iOS (and already in the ecosystem), just bite the bullet and buy an iPhone. You can check Kijiji/Craigslist if you don't want to buy direct from Apple.What Pokemon card product are you trying to buy from there? Something tells me I can find you cheaper elsewhere... Big box retailers are stupid expensive for TCG products.

Yup. Phones are on you pretty much 100% of your waking hours, it's probably the most important device you'll own. Just pay the money for the one you want, it's worth it

Honestly, a phone is what you spend so much of your time on. If you aren't a big fan of Android and are very used to iOS (and already in the ecosystem), just bite the bullet and buy an iPhone. You can check Kijiji/Craigslist if you don't want to buy direct from Apple.What Pokemon card product are you trying to buy from there? Something tells me I can find you cheaper elsewhere... Big box retailers are stupid expensive for TCG products.

Edit: Also what city do you live in if you don't mind saying so I can point you towards local stores that might be helpful.

It was the celebi mythical collection boxes , my local card shop is not sure how many there getting and there mew boxes were gone so fast that I'm just being safe , plus these boxes seem to be the only thing that they are selling for almost the same as toys r us / Walmart. Usually way cheaper

MarkusRJR

What Pokemon card product are you trying to buy from there? Something tells me I can find you cheaper elsewhere... Big box retailers are stupid expensive for TCG products.

Edit: Also what city do you live in if you don't mind saying so I can point you towards local stores that might be helpful.
Not the same poster but I'm curious about this. Getting back into the Pokémon TCG and it's so pricey on most online stores. Do any stores that sell TCG have free shipping? Was going to buy from Gameshack.ca but it had $14 shipping fees.

Also, does anyone know if the free cards they're giving out at Toys R Us require a purchase? I had to deal with an EB Games telling me I needed to buy something to get a Pokémon code last year (or the year before) and I don't want to drive there only to get told to buy something.

Firestorm

Not the same poster but I'm curious about this. Getting back into the Pokémon TCG and it's so pricey on most online stores. Do any stores that sell TCG have free shipping? Was going to buy from Gameshack.ca but it had $14 shipping fees.

Also, does anyone know if the free cards they're giving out at Toys R Us require a purchase? I had to deal with an EB Games telling me I needed to buy something to get a Pokémon code last year (or the year before) and I don't want to drive there only to get told to buy something.
Local card shops are best as they usually have best prices and also are the ones supporting local leagues by providing a space to play. I always try to buy local when I can. Where do you live?

This shop from Montreal has an online shop: http://www.cartamagica.com/carta-magica-montreal

I think Craving for a Game and Magic Stronghold from the Vancouver area sell Pokemon from their online shop as well.

eBay.ca and Amazon.ca are also good spots for singles and where I go if I can't find it from local players (check Facebook for your local Pokemon TCG group) or local stores.

Edit: Your profile says Manitoba so maybe give http://www.galaxy-comics.ca/ a call?

MarkusRJR

Local card shops are best as they usually have best prices and also are the ones supporting local leagues by providing a space to play. I always try to buy local when I can. Where do you live?

This shop from Montreal has an online shop: http://www.cartamagica.com/carta-magica-montreal

I think Craving for a Game and Magic Stronghold from the Vancouver area sell Pokemon from their online shop as well.

eBay.ca and Amazon.ca are also good spots for singles and where I go if I can't find it from local players (check Facebook for your local Pokemon TCG group) or local stores.

Edit: Your profile says Manitoba so maybe give http://www.galaxy-comics.ca/ a call?
I live right in Southern Winnipeg (literally a walk away from the perimeter), so literally every local shop is an hour or two away via bus. I wanted to look for a Pokémon League on the Pokémon website, but the search function in Canada is broken (or it's just me). Would love to try playing at a local Pokémon League since I'm really enjoying TCGO;

kennah

I live right in Southern Winnipeg (literally a walk away from the perimeter), so literally every local shop is an hour or two away via bus. I wanted to look for a Pokémon League on the Pokémon website, but the search function in Canada is broken (or it's just me). Would love to try playing at a local Pokémon League since I'm really enjoying TCGO;
Super off topic. I'm in winnipeg and my 6 year old wants to get into Pokemon cards. How do I get him started :p

trebbble

Off topic but there's going to be a Rez VR game. I'm hyped. Any Rez fans in the thread?

Yes! Can't wait. I seem to remember that it is a new port that will support VR, but VR won't be a necessity. Hoping that's the case, as I probably won't have a VR headset at launch :)

I bought into the hype and ordered an iPhone 6S when they released... then Google announced the Nexus 5X. I returned my $900 phone and got a $380 one (not sure exactly what prices were, but around there).
Love the 5X, a little laggy at times, but for the money, can't be beat.

I did the exact same thing. Franco kernel solved all my issues with the 5x. Highly recommended

All this TCG talk makes me want to dig out my Pokemon cards.

latest

Riptwo

Did anyone else's 2014 Amazon preorder for The Division ship without the E3 promo discounts applied? It's bizarre, because it's the first item in my gigantic 2014 order that's had any problems.

Riptwo

I really miss Tsilon. A friend and I got really into the challenges on the site, and I still have some fond memories of them. At one point, I remember calling someone up for the first time in a decade to see if they still had my PSX memory card with my SOTN save. Good times!

krae_man

I really miss Tsilon. A friend and I got really into the challenges on the site, and I still have some fond memories of them. At one point, I remember calling someone up for the first time in a decade to see if they still had my PSX memory card with my SOTN save. Good times!

All you had to do was download a save from Gamefaqs and rename it to whatever you want.

That's what I did:p

Stage On

I don't know what to do, I only want Roy but 1 amiibo alone isn't enough for free shipping and their isn't much else I need from Best buy at the moment.

Feeling really depresed right now. With some handheld games at $55 and console games at $85 they are simply too expensive for me even WITH a 30% discount and what's worse is some of them just aren't available for that due to being listed after E3 but released before cyber monday or listed after Cyber monday but releasing before the next e3.

And while it's well and good to wait for a price drop on triple aaa games like Assassin's cred where it'll go to $20 or less if you wait long enough but since I like niche games like rpgs many of them never really drop in price much, they simply just go out of stock instead.

I don't know what to do, I only want Roy but 1 amiibo alone isn't enough for free shipping and their isn't much else I need from Best buy at the moment.

Feeling really depresed right now. With some handheld games at $55 and console games at $85 they are simply too expensive for me even WITH a 30% discount and what's worse is some of them just aren't available for that due to being listed after E3 but released before cyber monday or listed after Cyber monday but releasing before the next e3.

And while it's well and good to wait for a price drop on triple aaa games like Assassin's cred where it'll go to $20 or less if you wait long enough but since I like niche games like rpgs many of them never really drop in price much, they simply just go out of stock instead.

Roy should be available in store on day 1 so just wait for it?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

Project Guard... ;)

Jamaal23

Neo Member

Project Guard... ;)

Yeah, either pre-order the Roy amiibo with something that's not expected to come out (at all or not for a long time, so you have time to cancel the remaining item in the order afterward) or add something to your order that bumps you up to free shipping and then just return the unwanted item to the store.

Firestorm

Galaxy Comics which I linked to above is probably your only league. Meets weekly at 6:30 PM on Thursdays it looks like.

Super off topic. I'm in winnipeg and my 6 year old wants to get into Pokemon cards. How do I get him started :p
After learning to play using that starter deck, can take him to the league at Galaxy Comics to hopefully find other people to play with. Leagues often have a mix of kids, teens, and adults to play.

Canon

Banned
Got my Twilight Princess HD order upgraded to Express as a one-time exception. I bet it won't be here til Monday still though.

kurahadol

I had such a great time with Tsilon, not to mention free games. Miss that site.

Except he literally says that RFD and bots weren't a problem that had any bearing on the shut down.

I assume Tsilon shut down because Future Shop was slowly dying, and decided whatever goodwill and revenue they got from the site wasn't worth bankrolling the partnership. Or hell, maybe a change of management did it: quirky marketing initiatives tend to be the first to die whenever something like that happens.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Heavy Rain is appearing for $9.99 on PS4 PSN Store for me. I didn't really feel like getting it, but $30->$10 hmmmmm what do??

Robert807

Wow I just spent one hour on the phone with bestbuy. My pre orders from futureshop I can't add a credit to the account no more on the phone. The nice lady had me place on order for the games on bestbuy website. She than adjusted each of my games to 49 $. Only issue is I can't see the discount on my order history on the website. She swears I got the discount. Very good customer service this time. Other times it was a nightmare changing stuff on the account.

Code Name S.T.E.A.M (3DS) is $20 on clearance at Best Buy.

Well worth it if you are a fan of Intelligent Systems games
and can put up with the batshit crazy subject matter

mdubs

Banned
If you guys want to take a trip down memory lane back to a time when deals actually existed, Tsilon/Arcademy is officially dead and the misters are breaking kayfabe:

http://arcademy.net/forum/index.php/topic,582.0.html

Loved that site, those were the best of times when it was firing on all cylinders. Seems Future Shop was happy with it for a while too, nice to know that at least it worked out well for the most part before it died (as all things eventually do)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom