• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eoyote

Neo Member
This is very YMMV. I found a stock pile of PS Vita card cases at The Superstore in Coquitlam (Lougheed Hwy) BC. Never seen these in the wild before. It's a few bucks cheaper than online so I picked up two.

wZ1576N.jpg

SW0xd3t.jpg

Those are 97 cents at Walmart...

I'm going to wait for Until Dawn to drop more physically. I got it when it launched, beat it twice then passed it on to someone else, and have planned to pick it up when it's cheap.

It was one of the best of last year, but two play throughs was enough for me for a little while. I normally only have time to play through each game once, but I made an exception.

I'm feeling cheap, so I'm not going to bother with this deal this time through. There aren't any games I really want (and I'm already overwhelmed).

Anyone thinking of getting or using the 20% off one time use PSN coupon should probably consider completing their checkout in the next 30 minutes before 9pm PST/12am EST. This is going off of when their game preorders end.

Anyone know of good websites to buy laptops?

My friend's looking for a cheapish laptop that has a good processor and RAM, and also supports virtualization (as it'll be needed for virtualization in tech labs in college).

just asking for some suggestions on either laptops or good websites.

thanks gaf

My friend's looking for a cheapish laptop that has a good processor and RAM, and also supports visualization (as it'll be needed for visualization in tech labs in college).

thanks gaf

Curious about the same thing, myself.

I have a laptop, but it's a ten year old MacBook and it's pretty much had it. I can use it to watch movies, but it can't use YouTube or do all that much, and is slow as Hell. I had to rent it for college for about $1500/year, due to Adobe programs, and then got to 'buy it' for $1 at the end.

I want a gaming PC, too, and perhaps more-so. But I travel once or twice a year for work and have to have a good laptop for that. I know laptops aren't easily customizable and that makes it hard for them to be future proof gaming wise, but my budget isn't big.

DJ_Lae

My friend's looking for a cheapish laptop that has a good processor and RAM, and also supports visualization (as it'll be needed for visualization in tech labs in college).

thanks gaf

Not sure if there are many deals at the moment but I would be inclined to go with Microsoft's online store and only consider the signature edition computers (ie, no bloatware or preinstalled garbage).

newegg.ca has a good selection of laptops, you can also check out their store on ebay since the prices may be even lower on there.

Thanks

There's so much to choose from it's overwhelming, and those prices are kind of scary. I think I'll wait until closer to spring when I'll need one.

Maybe I can borrow from a friend.

I'd want to game on whatever computer I get, and would only need the laptop a couple of times a year, otherwise I'd want a desktop. So it's tough, because buying both would be tricky.

EDIT: Of course people are selling the Pokemon N3DS on Kijiji. I see three, two from one asshat and one from another guy. $330/each and $300 each.

My friend's looking for a cheapish laptop that has a good processor and RAM, and also supports virtualization (as it'll be needed for virtualization in tech labs in college).

thanks gaf

I meant virtualization, but autocorrected it to visualization

whoops

thanks gaf

Refurb.io sells you guessed it, refurbished laptops for very affordable prices. They often have coupons or free shipping offers and ship out of Ontario if I recall correctly.

ovii

I got a shipping notice from ToysRUs for those $50 PSN cards. I'm actually getting the physical card? I thought it was an email (which I already got and used).

I got a shipping notice from ToysRUs for those $50 PSN cards. I'm actually getting the physical card? I thought it was an email (which I already got and used).

I think that's just Toys 'R Us telling you your credit card's been charged and the order closed. All the codes came from Codes2Go and there's no way there's a physical card attached to them.

Vinc

I got my TRU codes as well, shipping notice too but I'm pretty sure it's just a confirmation email, already got the codes.

Just wondering if there is anyone who got The Divison on PS4 for cheap during an E3 deal with Amazon/Best Buy/Future Shop and are looking to cancel. I will gladly take it! Send me a PM if available.

ovii

I think that's just Toys 'R Us telling you your credit card's been charged and the order closed. All the codes came from Codes2Go and there's no way there's a physical card attached to them.

I just find it weird they gave me a purolator shipping notice.

thanks but videogamesplus don't have many preowned games? any other stores like
gamescentre or game in uk? which do have used games....thanks.

Luigi87

Guys! Guys! (this includes girls!)

The HTC Vive is now available for pre-order!
All for the affordable price of $1,149.00 CAD! + $65 S&H

=D

Ryde3

Anyone see any cheap yet decent earbuds? I'm still using the ones from my phone. Maybe $50 max?

I'm wondering too.. I need some good earbuds since mine broke, and I've lost 2 pairs of apple earbuds this past year.

bluetooth would be nice, don't need anything crazy.

WEGGLES

Guys! Guys! (this includes girls!)

The HTC Vive is now available for pre-order!
All for the affordable price of $1,149.00 CAD! + $65 S&H

=D

Can't throw us a bone on free shipping?

It's not like $65 would make or break me getting VR... but CMONNNNnnnnnn.

I'm wondering too.. I need some good earbuds since mine broke, and I've lost 2 pairs of apple earbuds this past year.

bluetooth would be nice, don't need anything crazy.

If you don't mind waiting for 1-2 months shipping, look into Xiaomi Piston 2, Piston 3 or Xiaomi Hybrids. These have very good reviews and are comparable to 100$ hearbuds for 20-25$. Piston 2 have more bass than the 3, while the 3 are clearer. The Hybrid is a mix of both. I listen to bass heavy music and I really love the Hybrids.

I bought these myself for 40$ (8$ more) instead of waiting 1 month of shipping I got it in two days with prime shipping: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B0183Q6GYG/

But you can get them for cheaper on website like gearbest: http://www.gearbest.com/earphones/pp_261864.html 32$ but 1-2 month shipping

And the Piston 3: http://www.gearbest.com/earphones/pp_169225.html 23$, 1-2 month shipping

Sealtest

I just noticed my Best Buy Twilight Princess order now has the "Price Protection" 2015 e3 orders got when using those codes. None of my other orders have this so I guess everything in the same order with TP will now auto-correct is the price changes.

Tapejara

I don't think it was illegible for the discount, the most recent one anyway.

I think what Luigi means is that pre-ordering at $84.99 - 20% wasn't appealing, which is also the reason I didn't pre-order during the last promotion. I don't think many of us expected it to drop to $69.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom