• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

2 $50 PSN should work. You will need to login to your visa checkout when bestbuy ask for your method of payment.

I can't tesg it out since bestbuy doesn't load on my phone.

Kyolux

Argh lol..

Got bothered at work and took too much time. Seems like my transaction was canceled or something. Had to start over but now I think my order went through.

Yay!

But it didn't do it on my account, ugh.. so no reward zone points.

kevin1025

Banned
No Man's Sky just shipped from the E3 2016 order I had. It looks like the discount for games during that period really is for 19%, it came out as $73.19 instead of $72.31.

Sealtest

How does the save $20 work? I'm trying to put in a preorder for the Pebble 2 but it doesn't show a $20 savings on the confirmation page.

Edit - NVM preorders dont work /sigh

Kyolux

It really is... no regrets for cancelling it earlier this week.

I just cancelled Prey, because the gameplay trailer convinced me it wasn't my thing.

Dishonored 2 because I don't want to pay that price.

And Persona 5 because I won't have time for it at release and will probably wait for it to be available cheaper either on psn through a flash sale or something or through kijiji or something if store price doesn't ever go down.

zroid

Banned
Never mind, no Pokémon for me. The Visa Checkout thing doesn't apply to pre-orders.

Bummer

still have to wait for Amazon to get their shit together I guess... sigh

farisr

So thanks to that visa checkout deal, I just got $300 worth of PSN credit.

Gonna maximize that as much as possible once I get the 20% off coupon for the play promotion

In the best case scenario (I manage to fill a cart to exactly $150 and apply the 20% off promotion), I'll get $330 worth of stuff for having spent $240. Which comes out to just over a 27% discount. Not bad at all when you factor in psn doesn't charge tax.

Never mind, no Pokémon for me. The Visa Checkout thing doesn't apply to pre-orders.

Bummer

still have to wait for Amazon to get their shit together I guess... sigh

unless you prefer physical, you could buy eshop bucks and buy digital when it comes out lol.

Maybe I should get on this if the shop cards are actually selling out quickly.

Yeah I was surprised when I saw that, but you can't actually order it online. They lie. :lol

you can reserve it for in store pick up but obviously the Visa Checkout deal doesn't apply there

Damn, I was thrown off by the fact that they had it online, but all the stores around me don't have it heh. Oh well!

Gitaroo

this visa check out deal is not bad, bought 100 xbl card for 80, then use it to preorder digital copy halo wars 2 ultimate + 10 dollar preorder bonus credit and since this is a play anywhere game you also get the pc version of halo wars 1 remaster and halo wars 2.

Kyolux

Oh. Let's see how fast their LTE and how much will be the price.

Do they have more bands to work with though? I mean bands that would actually go through walls?

I might get back with them when I need a new phone if I hear good words by then. But that won't be for another year/year and half I'm gonna guess. My Moto G 2nd gen still works perfectly fine.

Lexxism

Does bestbuy pricematch amazon.ca if it's free shipping?

Edit: also, how does their price matching work again?
They will match the price. Get the 10% difference between the original price and the price matched. Subtract the 10% difference to the price match.

So $100 vs $80. $20 difference. The 10% is $2. $80-$2=$78 will be the new price.

Kyolux

Is the LTE going to be for new plans only? Or will my service get upgrades - and will I have to pay more.

I'd bet the latter is more likely. Might be an add-on though. Also you need a phone that supports LTE to begin with I assume.

I also I agree with Enter the Dragon Punch, they should fix the spotty coverage first. I haven't heard of any upgrades to the network in Ottawa except in the far end in the last year.

At first, the CSR said that Staples didn't price match Amazon, but then he recanted. I guess he forgot there was a Canadian branch of Amazon, because I think he was about to say "because it's American." Then he said, "Is it .ca?"

He had to ask the manager, but she said they almost always do it, so he borrowed my phone, looked up the item and printed it out, then did a price match.

I couldn't say no to a second set of Prismacolor Scholar pencil crayons for $19.99 as opposed to their normal $33 and change prior to taxes.

Details are up for the XB1 trade-in offer.

Trade up to 5 games worth a minimum $8 towards a new Xbox One and receive $20 for each title, up to a maximum of $100

• Fine Print: Valid on PS3, PS4, 360, XB1, 3DS, and Wii U software. Cannot be combined with any other promotion except "Level Up Your Console" and "$50 off XB1 with eligible hardware trade". Not valid with employee discount. Boxes and artwork required. Refurbishing charges may apply. See sales associate for complete details.
  • Get 10% extra credit when you trade an eligible console towards the purchase of a new Xbox One PLUS save $50 on the Xboe one!
  • Eligible Consoles: 3DS, 3DS XL, "new" 3DS, "new" 3DS XL, Wii U, PlayStation 4, Xbox One
  • Trade an eligible system towards the purchase of a new Xbox One and receive $50 off the Xbox One
  • Only PS3, PS4, 360, XB1, Vita, 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, new 3DS, new 3DS XL, or Wii U are eligible. Cannot be combined with any other promotion except "Trade 5 Get $100" and "Level Up Your Console". Not valid with employee discount. See sales associate for complete details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom