• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Has anyone ordered any games from Amazon when they weren't in stock and the restocking estimate was 1-2 months? I've got Sunset Overdrive and MGS V and both of them are saying they will restock in 1-2 months. I would have assumed that games would be easier to restock than most other items, is this estimate usually accurate? I'm in no rush to get the order, just curious if it will actually take 1-2 months.

Clive

Has anyone ordered any games from Amazon when they weren't in stock and the restocking estimate was 1-2 months? I've got Sunset Overdrive and MGS V and both of them are saying they will restock in 1-2 months. I would have assumed that games would be easier to restock than most other items, is this estimate usually accurate? I'm in no rush to get the order, just curious if it will actually take 1-2 months.

Twice, both shipped within a couple of weeks. Metal Gear is rumored to be getting some sort of re-release though so it being discontinued isn't unthinkable.

I wonder if you can use that promo towards one of the 500gb S consoles. ~$50 upgrade could be tempting.

*Guess not. Makes that decision easy then!

Gitaroo

I got a spare 3ds xl, I have already done the switch your style xbone trade in for my one s, can I trade in my 3ds xl and get morr credits + another 50 off my xbone s preorder?

Clive

Not sure if it's a deal or not but Amazon.ca has World of Final Fantasy PS4 on pre-order for $59.99. Best Buy has it for $79.99 and Amazon.com has it for $59.99 USD (which should translate to at least $75 CAD I imagine).

The pre-order prices have been all over the place for both the Vita and PS4 version so I'm not really sure how much of a deal it is.

Not sure if it's a deal or not but Amazon.ca has World of Final Fantasy PS4 on pre-order for $59.99. Best Buy has it for $79.99 and Amazon.com has it for $59.99 USD (which should translate to at least $75 CAD I imagine).

The pre-order prices have been all over the place for both the Vita and PS4 version so I'm not really sure how much of a deal it is.
Pretty sure the ps4 version has been 59.99 for awhile, order from awhile back adjusted already.

Side note, has anyone got their bestbuy shipping info for No Man's Sky yet? Normally it's in by now.

Proc

8$ List: https://www.ebgames.ca/Views/Locale/Content/PDF/tradeoffers/8-dollar-trade-value-en.pdf?20160707

I did that trade-in earlier today, traded Division, AC Syndicate, Dead Rising 3, Black ops 2 and Republique, that was 100$, then I got 198$ (includes an extra Edge Platinum bonus of 16.50$) trade in value for the a Xbox One 500 Gb and a 50$ off on the console (499.99$-50$).

Total for a 2 TB Xbox One S: 151.99$+tx

Did the same. Paid around the same and traded in my Kinect at the same time. I spread some of the credit onto "no mans sky." Feels good to purge a lot of stuff I just wasn't using.

The fiancé loves the look of the new box in the entertainment center. Glad I saw this promo and made the upgrade. Its a slick looking console and the lack of brick keeps things a bit tidier behind the unit. Here's hoping Scorpio has a similar form factor.

I saw it mentioned here a few pages back, but has anyone here done the Koodo Manitoba plan deal outside of Manitoba?

Curious on how it went for you guys and if it's worth the hassle.

superbad

8$ List: https://www.ebgames.ca/Views/Locale/Content/PDF/tradeoffers/8-dollar-trade-value-en.pdf?20160707

I did that trade-in earlier today, traded Division, AC Syndicate, Dead Rising 3, Black ops 2 and Republique, that was 100$, then I got 198$ (includes an extra Edge Platinum bonus of 16.50$) trade in value for the a Xbox One 500 Gb and a 50$ off on the console (499.99$-50$).

Total for a 2 TB Xbox One S: 151.99$+tx

It worked out the same way for me, except that I got 5% more credit because I have Edge Onyx. Came to $162 and change after tax.

I was a bit peeved since I had called customer service and they told me that trading my 500GB XBONE and 5 games would get me the S for $130 +tax. Didn't fight it too hard to save an extra $15. The EB Games employee said it would have been less than $130 had I traded a 1TB XBONE.

The console is really nice. The small size and internal power supply are a huge win IMO.

How? You only get the $50 trade in off for the console plus an extra ten percent.

Right?

Using the example above, it sounds like $198 for the console with platinum ($181 without), and $50 off the purchase, so $248 (or $231) in value?

Pretty close to the $225 switch style.

Tho anyone feel free to correct the math here.

killroy87

Using the example above, it sounds like $198 for the console with platinum ($181 without), and $50 off the purchase, so $248 (or $231) in value?

Pretty close to the $225 switch style.

Tho anyone feel free to correct the math here.

Yeah, that's what i figure too. The 10% bonus isn't much, but That $50 discount makes it a better deal.

*Head spinning*

1. So trading in an Xbone 500GB OG, with ebGames Platinum, would straight up give me $248 towards the Purchase of an XBone S?

2. Then I can in addition trade 5x games from the $8 list for an additional $100? Does platinum boost that at all?

3. Is there a way to trade in so I don't have to pay tax? I seem to remember that being possible somehow but QC taxes being so high it seems appealing...

killroy87

*Head spinning*

1. So trading in an Xbone 500GB OG, with ebGames Platinum, would straight up give me $248 towards the Purchase of an XBone S?

2. Then I can in addition trade 5x games from the $8 list for an additional $100? Does platinum boost that at all?

3. Is there a way to trade in so I don't have to pay tax? I seem to remember that being possible somehow but QC taxes being so high it seems appealing...

Just look at their promo on the site, it lays it out in detail. Call them if you need more info, you'll get it quicker than here.

*Head spinning*

Your head isn't the only one spinning.

The $50 off is on top of the trade-in value of your console. It's not "just" $50. I agree it's confusing though.

Oh, okay.

DJ_Lae

I'd be more tempted by the S if I didn't already own the gorgeous white Sunset Overdrive edition OG. Ah well.

That Pikachu WiiU controller arrived yesterday - haven't played any games with it yet but first impressions are incredibly poor. It feels cheap, really light and loud clicky buttons. I can't imagine paying more than the $11 I did.

farisr

So I was out today and on the way back I decided to stop by ebgames to switch my 500gb preorder to the halo bundle. They didn't have the skus listed.

In other news I got to try out the PSVR at another ebgames and liked it a lot. Had no issues, so definitely going to keep my preorder for that.

And yeah, thanks for the suggestion Kyolux. Tried everything you said and totally agree.
Make sure to try silly stuff like fake drinking the cola cans/cup. Opening the door and looking behind through it. And most importantly, reloading the gun without looking. It's simple but it feels SO BADASS.

Deal

New 3DS is $199.99 at Shoppers today only. Also 20x the points.

990x20=39,800. 38,000 points is $60 off a future purchase, or you can save it for a higher redemption level.

Kyolux

So I was out today and on the way back I decided to stop by ebgames to switch my 500gb preorder to the halo bundle. They didn't have the skus listed.

In other news I got to try out the PSVR at another ebgames and liked it a lot. Had no issues, so definitely going to keep my preorder for that.

And yeah, thanks for the suggestion Kyolux. Tried everything you said and totally agree.

Glad to see that you enjoyed it too!

etta

my hard graphic balls

Did they even check their own website?
https://www.ebgames.ca/Xbox%20One/Games/724478/xbox-one-s-halo-collection-500gb-console-bundle

killroy87

Like I said before, there's no such thing as a non-bundled version. Look at the product number of the Halo bundle on the website and compare it to the preorder on your receipt. They're the same thing. They just updated the original listing on their site. If you preordered a 500GB (or 1TB), you're getting a bundle.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Like I said before, there's no such thing as a non-bundled version. Look at the product number of the Halo bundle on the website and compare it to the preorder on your receipt. They're the same thing.
o_O you're right!
So I don't gotta go in store to switch it, unless they made a mistake when they entered it on the website. I'll keep an eye on it to see if they change it.

killroy87

If the PS4 Neo is unveiled to come out this year, I'll probably cancel my PSVR preorder and get that instead. There's no real harm in waiting a few months for PSVR. Wait for a strong set of software, some deals in games, and a better outlook on if the thing will actually be a success.

Gitaroo

anyone traded in any 3ds xl or new 3ds at ebgames before? Do they need a charger since the system didnt come with one. I think a 3ds xl worth 75 bucks, kind of a bad deal....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom