• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elitist1945

DEAL

Gravity Rush remastered is now $18.90 on Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017Y97NHM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Also, for anyone interested, No Mans Sky Limited Edition is now back up on Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CINIAKS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Those are the American Amazon pages. .ca Amazon shows up 69.99 for GR:R.

EDIT: I can't read and I see you already stated so lol.

Luigi87

DEAL

Gravity Rush remastered is now $18.90 on Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017Y97NHM/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Also, for anyone interested, No Mans Sky Limited Edition is now back up on Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CINIAKS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Preorders have been sold out for months. Guess they got extra stock, so they can take orders again.
I think I'll finally bite on GRR. I've wanted this release for a long while now. Should be just under $37.

The colouring books I ordered maybe two weeks ago on Amazon shipped today, and they're apparently going to be delivered tomorrow. I'm surprised given that the estimate was up to the 19th (due to no Prime and free shipping), and it's not normal for one day shipping for me.

I had pre-ordered the one retro Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles book, which came out today or so, and bought another cheap book. They grouped it and waited to send the cheap one with the other, which makes sense.

Not complaining a'tall. Just surprised.

Ah Lego City Wii U is finally getting a discount re-release

Glad I didn't buy the used copy I saw sitting around the other day. Was still a bit pricey. I have already played through it. Decided I wanted to buy it back and keep it for my collection.

Kyolux

I'm sitting in front of my copy of NMS. Wondering if I open it or return it in exchange for some PSN money. (I paid $11 with taxes, left was from some trade-ins).

Or should I play it for a few days and sell it on kijiji this week-end?

Decisions, decisions..

josh924

Banned
Fug, my preorder copy of NMS came in from best buy, it had the steel case but no code :/
And of course now they're 'experiencing higher than normal call volumes".

Bleh.

Is the code supposed to be in the case or something they email you?
99% codes are packed in, seems this one is e-mailed.

"Expect the code to arrive 24-48 hrs within the time the game ships, and if it doesn't arrive we ask you to call again for a new code"

So it Ships Sunday, which you'd think means i'd get it today.

F4r0_Atak

Don't know if it was worth sharing but...

Apparently, Amazon just cancelled my E3 order of 14 games, which included No Man's Sky. Just for a little context, last week/Friday when I was checking my Bank account I noticed that my Visa had fraudulent charges so I asked them to cancel my card and they told me they would send me a new one in the next 5-7 business days. Comes Monday, I receive a message from Amazon that I have 72 hours to update/change my Payment Method. On the same day, I changed the payment method to another card. So, I thought everything was cool you know. I woke up this morning waiting to see if my No Man's Sky was shipped and charged, but didn't receive any message. So I decided to go see my E3 order to check its status, which can be found usually in the Open Orders section, but it was nowhere to be seen. Afraid the worst happened, I checked the Cancelled Orders section, there it was my entire order. I contacted the CS in order to figure out what happened and they told me they tried to charge me for the No Man's Sky back on Saturday. Since I only had 72 hours to change/update my payment method and they tried to charge me Saturday, it means that Monday was my last day to change my payment method. They just lost 954.11$ worth of pre-orders.

Don't know if I have the energy to deal with the Promo team, especially if I know the Promo team won't do anything. Should I bother? Those were all games I really wanted. I lost both the E3 promo discount and the price dropped I had on some of them.

P.s. It's case like this one that makes me wish that Amazon just cancelled the item instead of the entire order. That and to actually give me three business days to change my payment method.

Apparently, Amazon just cancelled my E3 order of 14 games, which included No Man's Sky. Just for a little context, last week/Friday when I was checking my Bank account I noticed that my Visa had fraudulent charges so I asked them to cancel my card and they told me they would send me a new one in the next 5-7 business days. Comes Monday, I receive a message from Amazon that I have 72 hours to update/change my Payment Method. On the same day, I changed the payment method to another card. So, I thought everything was cool you know. I woke up this morning waiting to see if my No Man's Sky was shipped and charged, but didn't receive any message. So I decided to go see my E3 order to check its status, which can be found usually in the Open Orders section, but it was nowhere to be seen. Afraid the worst happened, I checked the Cancelled Orders section, there it was my entire order. I contacted the CS in order to figure out what happened and they told me they tried to charge me for the No Man's Sky back on Saturday. Since I only had 72 hours to change/update my payment method and they tried to charge me Saturday, it means that Monday was my last day to change my payment method. They just lost 954.11$ worth of pre-orders.

Don't know if I have the energy to deal with the Promo team, especially if I know the Promo team won't do anything. Should I bother? Those were all games I really wanted. I lost both the E3 promo discount and the price dropped I had on some of them.

P.s. It's case like this one that makes me wish that Amazon just cancelled the item instead of the entire order. That and to actually give me three business days to change my payment method.

Maybe see if you can find a service rep who will be willing to restore your order. I think you should give it a shot.

oh man, I'm sorry to hear about that. :(

I recently cancelled most of my amazon pre-orders, except for a few that I know that I'll play.

You should definitely contact them again to see if they can reinstate your order, just explain the situation, they may have you place a new order and then just discount the base item price.

You should definitely contact them again to see if they can reinstate your order, just explain the situation, they may have you place a new order and then just discount the base item price.

Yeah, ditto on calling them, currently in a big fight right now because INTELCOM refused to deliver to a post office. Amazon wants to redirect by...shipping a new item. No idea why.

Amazon's shipping is the worst. Ok, not the worst, that's still UPS and Purolator, but if they had shipped with Canada Post I would have gotten NMS four hours ago.

ElNino

Amazon's shipping is the worst. Ok, not the worst, that's still UPS and Purolator, but if they had shipped with Canada Post I would have gotten NMS four hours ago.
I think it really depends on who your delivery person is. My last UPS shipment came from Las Vegas in two days and almost everything I order from Amazon is delivered the next day after shipping is requested.

They just want to delay your disappointment :)

Joking aside, it really depends on many factors so I wouldn't put the blame on any delivery service in particular....aside from
intelcom

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I would have taken either of those over CP. My copy has been out for delivery since 10am and the mail came and went with no NMS :(

Amazon routinely ships me stuff with UPS I've had 0 issues with them, it still cracks me up the got one of like 80 black guys in town driving the truck, "what can brown do for you?" indeed haha. Good guy though seems to like his job and that's more than most people get.

^Exactly that. I mean I would take Purolator just to be able to redirect my package over this:

1. Amazon decided intelcom is best for delivering to a CP office
2. Intelcom refuses to deliver (and you have to contact Amazon for redirect)
3. Online CS guy offers to send a new package (lol)
4. Online CS guy #2 offers to send a new package
5. Phone Call Lady plans to call Intelcom, line hangs up on me
6. Phone Call Lady #2 plans to call Intelcom, line hangs up on me

Tiktaalik

lol so the entire back of my copy of No Man's Sky is in French. Kinda unusual. (I'm in BC btw)

I dunno why I even bought a physical copy. Out of tradition I guess, but given that this game has a massive day one patch and it's $80 before tax it feels a bit dumb to not opt for PSN or much cheaper PC version...

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Yeah likewise, in my area Canada Post is the worst courier by far.
I've never seen them be this late before though. I'm hoping it's not a new guy that didn't even bother to attempt to deliver it and instead is just sending it back to Best Buy. No attempted delivery notice or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom