• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone traded in any 3ds xl or new 3ds at ebgames before? Do they need a charger since the system didnt come with one. I think a 3ds xl worth 75 bucks, kind of a bad deal....
As far as I know yes, it'll need a charger, and $75 for a 3dsxl is a helluva bad deal.

Gitaroo

As far as I know yes, it'll need a charger, and $75 for a 3dsxl is a helluva bad deal.

Yeah, I think the sales rep told me the new 3ds only worth 80, old xl worth 65, + 10% extra promo and 5% with normal edge card so its about 75 at the end. I thought there is an additional 50 off xbone on top but she told me that 50 off is already applied to the current discount they got going with the xbone... This new trade in promotion is very confusing.

Luigi87

It's only $29.99 in .com site so I guess this is the right price.
Have they ever mentioned the first game will include the cut content?

The trailers have shown that there are voice overs, etc. for the first game.

I just want to know if they added in Speedrun Mode to it.

Tapejara

Deal

Steam has Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 pre-order for $49.99. Amazon currently has the retail version listed as $79.99, so if you're interested in the PC version it might be better to buy from Steam directly.

Roam has been good for me but I have heard recently that service can be spotty even in urban areas. Maybe contact them when you're back and see what they can do.

I got back and man, did Roam Mobility suck for me on my One Plus One. I couldn't even get a signal, and was stuck on "emergency calls only", throughout the whole drive back.

My brother on the other hand, had full coverage with LTE. He has an iphone. Good thing it worked too, because holy shit, Apple Carplay is pretty neat. (we had a rental that had the feature). I'm a bit behind the curve, but that was my first experience getting real-time traffic updates on a GPS system. And being able to access spotify while driving?

N3pRqJN.png

If the PS4 Neo is unveiled to come out this year, I'll probably cancel my PSVR preorder and get that instead. There's no real harm in waiting a few months for PSVR. Wait for a strong set of software, some deals in games, and a better outlook on if the thing will actually be a success.

I am considering doing the same. It helps that I have an Oculus Rift.

Kyolux

I'm going PS VR first, Neo second.

I see it like that. VR will let me play new games, in new ways.

Neo will just mean better graphics/performance, but no exclusive experience.

I may get both this Fall though.. but I doubt I'll have the budget for it.

Neo is much more important to me than PSVR. I'm hoping to get each through work, but it's probably not likely, so I will buy Neo and likely skip PSVR until it's much more budget friendly.

I've used PSVR and it's definitely cool, but not $750 cool.

Renewed

For me, I skipped PS4 so I'd be jumping in with Neo/4K but I'm not quite there yet for VR interest. And even if Neo doesn't seem to entice me, there's the possibility of a cheaper PS4. I'm not one to be an early adopter so I can wait it out too.

Oh and like that previously mentioned Pokemon TCG thing, here:

Code:
9BW-QDL4-XX7-BNV

farisr

I'm going PS VR first, Neo second.

I see it like that. VR will let me play new games, in new ways.

Neo will just mean better graphics/performance, but no exclusive experience.

I may get both this Fall though.. but I doubt I'll have the budget for it.
I have planned for both basically, and with trying it out yesterday, it basically made me set on getting it, and now will be either cancelling or making my gaming purchases for the rest of the year accordingly with this in mind.

I did have it mind before as well, but wasn't absolutely sure on it due to various issues that could have occured (like motion sickness or not being impressed by it) now I'm totally sold on it.

I told my brother that I'm getting it and what price it was and he jokingly said I should wait for Trump to get elected so the exchange rate improves and the PSVR drops in price.

Kyolux

I told my brother that I'm getting it and what price it was and he jokingly said I should wait for Trump to get elected so the exchange rate improves and the PSVR drops in price.

Well... that's not a bad idea at all. Never thought of it!

Make CAD great again!!

Clive

Are there ever any pre-order deals this time of year? I would love to get a few bucks of Shantae and the Azure Striker double pack since neither was available at E3. Only 1½ - 2 months until release too.

ohlawd

Are there ever any pre-order deals this time of year? I would love to get a few bucks of Shantae and the Azure Striker double pack since neither was available at E3. Only 1½ - 2 months until release too.
nah. next time would be around Black Friday or whatever but when deals were so bad this year I don't think we'll get anything significant

BB does put up random 10℅ off preorders from time to time though.

kennah

Pokemon TCG Online - Steam Siege Booster Pack code:

Code:
6W2-MJTZ-DQH-TJZ

For me, I skipped PS4 so I'd be jumping in with Neo/4K but I'm not quite there yet for VR interest. And even if Neo doesn't seem to entice me, there's the possibility of a cheaper PS4. I'm not one to be an early adopter so I can wait it out too.

Oh and like that previously mentioned Pokemon TCG thing, here:

Code:
9BW-QDL4-XX7-BNV
Dang, both redeemed. Where do you get these?

Dazzler

Cancelled my NMS pre-order with Amazon because I didn't want to deal with their shipping. Pre-ordered digitally instead. First time I've paid $80 for a retail game

Feels bad man

Kyolux

Cancelled my NMS pre-order with Amazon because I didn't want to deal with their shipping. Pre-ordered digitally instead. First time I've paid $80 for a retail game

Feels bad man

After changing my mind 6-7 times (and still more time to maybe change it a few times I guess) I went back to eb yesterday and traded games in for the 70$ deal.. For both NMS and Deus Ex..

So getting them for 9.99 plus tax I guess. (Plus those 6 dusted covered games)

Amazon says my copy of No Man's Sky is being shipped today. Usually I get my Amazon orders 1-2 days after launch but if it ships today there's a real good chance I'll get it tomorrow. That would be awesome.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Amazon says my copy of No Man's Sky is being shipped today. Usually I get my Amazon orders 1-2 days after launch but if it ships today there's a real good chance I'll get it tomorrow. That would be awesome.
Just popped in to mention this as well, Amazon free shipping getting back to it's glory days, perhaps?

Sorry Dazzler

EDIT: Still says arriving 18-24 of August for me, but like you, it usually comes only a couple days after launch.

kennah

K Gaf. I screwed up and didn't book a flight when I should have. What's my best option for getting a good deal now? Leaving in a week and a half.

iLLmAtlc

Hey you guys received your banana republic shirts right?

I'm not overly impressed. The fabric feels like pretty generic stuff and there's no way I would have paid 90 bucks for that shit

So glad I got No Man's Sky for $59.99 digitally back when it first came up for preorder. The hype is overwhelming. Keep fucking up Sony.

farisr

Just received $300 worth of PSN credit that I got for $240 from bestbuy thanks to visa checkout. So glad I did it even before I was sure of whether I want a PSVR or not, will be set for my vr game purchases for the rest of the year now.

Kyolux

Just received $300 worth of PSN credit that I got for $240 from bestbuy thanks to visa checkout. So glad I did it even before I was sure of whether I want a PSVR or not, will be set for my vr game purchases for the rest of the year now.

Oh yeah, guess I'll have this in the mail too when I get home tonight. Only went for $100. I thought it wouldn't stack for every $100.

If I have a US 3DS and Wii U, how the heck do I change the settings to Canada so that I can use my damn Canadian credit card on the eshop? I've tried everything and I'm starting to think that you're not supposed to be able to do it.

jzbluz

If I have a US 3DS and Wii U, how the heck do I change the settings to Canada so that I can use my damn Canadian credit card on the eshop? I've tried everything and I'm starting to think that you're not supposed to be able to do it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you lock yourself into the the country you pick when you create your NNID. It's a bit weird how you can use your Canadian card in the JP Eshop but not in the US one though.

Picollus

Neo Member
It's saying the same thing for me with it shipping August.12. Updated this afternoon saying its shipping today. Also free shipping. I expect it tomorrow.

Mine is still "18-24 august" with "Will ship on 12". Credit card approbation charged last sunday.

If tonight at 22 pm I don't get any shipping update. I think i will cancel and get digital instead for 19$ extra from 73$ (2016 E3 20% rebate).

It's insane. All the leaks of last week proved that stores got the game shipment at least one week early. How is it even possible not to get the game at release date for everybody !!!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but you lock yourself into the the country you pick when you create your NNID. It's a bit weird how you can use your Canadian card in the JP Eshop but not in the US one though.

Agh, yeah, this is what I was afraid of. Is there any easy and non-sketchy way to buy US eshop credit?

I'm playing No Man's Sky right now, so far, it's cool. Controls are kind of clunky, but can adjust easily. Game is pretty small in size too, happy about that.

I hope it plays well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom