• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well #5 was a charm, in the sense that a package maybe gets redirected properly tomorrow

No idea because instead of handling the redirect for me, the CS person just put INTELCOM on the line. You've never heard bad bitrate until you've heard an internet call wired through a second internet call! I have no idea if they have the right address. At all.

Anyway, moving all packages away from PO delivery for now. Works great if any courier but Intelcom is involved, but Intelcom flat out refused on the phone to deliver to a PO so you're better off just stomaching Purolator redirects

Enilced2

So I have never had an Intelcom or even seen them around in Edmonton before. Now my No Man's Sky is with them supposed to be delivered to my work in between 8:45 and 12:45.. It is now 4 and I am entirely positive that I wont see it before I leave for the day.

Dear lord Amazon I haven't had issues with any other courier getting stuff to my work why use Intelcom. Christ they have such a terrible rating everywhere you look.

You should definitely contact them again to see if they can reinstate your order, just explain the situation, they may have you place a new order and then just discount the base item price.

They did something similar for me when my E3 order from 2015 was cancelled for the same reason. They calculated 30% of the total price and brought down a bunch of games to 0$. The lady was kind enough to trust me and manually enter the price of each game too, like some that went down to 72.99$.

ohlawd

Right, how dare they give people with small hands the opportunity once in a blue moon to buy a system that actually fits in their hands.
real talk dude I probably have the smallest hands here in CanadaGAF and small 3DS still cramps up my shit

iphys

real talk dude I probably have the smallest hands here in CanadaGAF and small 3DS still cramps up my shit

I know I've found all the XL models a massive pain compared with their smaller counterparts. My hands are smaller than the average woman's, and don't forget there are a lot of little kids that like to game too. It also might depend on how you hold your system. I run my pinkies along the bottom edge of the system as counterbalance to be able to use the shoulder buttons. I know some people put the bottom edge of the system against their palms, but when I try that it forces me to bend my wrists in at an unnatural angle and it totally messes up the angle I'm used to using my thumbs at for the controls.

Kyolux

Anyone wants to buy my copy of NMS? $60 + shipping and it comes with that EB games pre-order dlc. I played it all day and liked the game a lot more than I expected I would.

But in the end, I don't think I'd be playing much more of it.

If no ones a taker, I'll list it on kijiji sometime tomorrow afternoon.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is Amazon still using couriers, or have they gone back to Canada Post because the lockout seems to have sort of but not really ended.

UberTag

Is Amazon still using couriers, or have they gone back to Canada Post because the lockout seems to have sort of but not really ended.
UPS delivered No Man's Sky to me today in southwestern Ontario so they're at least still using couriers for my neck of the woods.

josh924

Banned
Speaking of couriers and shipping, how is FedEx? I've dealt with all the major couriers, except FedEx.

On a related note, I recently ordered the Rock Band 4 guitar bundle (which is what FedEx is delivering to me). It's my first time ordering something that'll ship in something larger than an Xbox 360 "coffin", so I'm wondering what to expect in terms of how it's handled and where FedEx will leave it if no one is home to receive it.

Maximus.

I had to go back to the N3DS XL. I made a mistake going with the regular size.

I had the Pokemon new 3DS and originally was using a Majoras Mask XL. It just felt weird going back. I honestly really wanted the smaller sized handheld after using the old XL for a while and when the new one was announced I thought it was perfect. The new XL just feels real good in the hand compared to the smaller version. I do have big hands though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Speaking of couriers and shipping, how is FedEx? I've dealt with all the major couriers, except FedEx.

On a related note, I recently ordered the Rock Band 4 guitar bundle (which is what FedEx is delivering to me). It's my first time ordering something that'll ship in something larger than an Xbox 360 "coffin", so I'm wondering what to expect in terms of how it's handled and where FedEx will leave it if no one is home to receive it.
I assume like the others, they'll leave a notice or you can pick it up at one of their depots. You can also buy one of those stickers so they can leave it on your porch.

The new nintendo select line and new amiibo bundles are up on amazon for those interested.

The wooly world bundles are pretty great value-wise imo.

I had the Pokemon new 3DS and originally was using a Majoras Mask XL. It just felt weird going back. I honestly really wanted the smaller sized handheld after using the old XL for a while and when the new one was announced I thought it was perfect. The new XL just feels real good in the hand compared to the smaller version. I do have big hands though.

I have small hands and prefer the bigger model.

Kyolux

Going to http://diefenbunker.ca/escape-the-diefenbunker/ Friday evening. Anyone did it yet? My escape tally has been pretty good so far with 3-4 wins and 3 losses, most of which were just a matter of seconds too.

Pretty hyped up for the biggest one yet.

Anyone wants to buy my copy of NMS? $60 + shipping and it comes with that EB games pre-order dlc. I played it all day and liked the game a lot more than I expected I would.

But in the end, I don't think I'd be playing much more of it.

If no ones a taker, I'll list it on kijiji sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Found a buyer, that's going to pick it up tonight. Last call if someone wants it. I still rather sell it to Canada Gaf if someone wants it.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I can confirm that there's no need to switch to the Halo Xbox One S bundle at EB if you got the vanilla one pre-ordered. I went in today and they said they won't get vanilla ones at launch, all of them are either Halo or Madden bundles.

Cudder

Man, what the fuck is with Amazon and No Man's Sky? It's been bouncing between "Shipping today" and "Shipping Now" since Monday. Never had this issue with Amazon and E3 orders, even with free shipping.

Mayyhem

So I'm thinking about getting 2DS's for me and my GF.
We don't like 3D but would like to play a few 3DS games, including the new pokemon.
Anyone have experence with jt? Any good?

Also, seeing a wicked deal for a 2DS plus Mario Kart for $109.99! Selling out everywhere but Amazon seems to have it in stock.

Should I bite on this or do you guys think there will be a better deal soon?

farisr

I can confirm that there's no need to switch to the Halo Xbox One S bundle at EB if you got the vanilla one pre-ordered. I went in today and they said they won't get vanilla ones at launch, all of them are either Halo or Madden bundles.
Cool. Thanks.

BadWolf

Are the 7-11 Speakout prepaid cell phone plans good? The service work well?

I'm thinking of trying it since I barely ever use my phone anyway so there's little point in paying for a monthly plan with Koodo.

iLLmAtlc

Yeah I've been on it for a few years. It's on the Rogers network. The one year shelf life for credit is pretty cool if you don't talk much.

Clive

So I'm thinking about getting 2DS's for me and my GF.
We don't like 3D but would like to play a few 3DS games, including the new pokemon.
Anyone have experence with jt? Any good?

Also, seeing a wicked deal for a 2DS plus Mario Kart for $109.99! Selling out everywhere but Amazon seems to have it in stock.

Should I bite on this or do you guys think there will be a better deal soon?

Best Buy is still doing the VISA checkout thingy it seems. They also have the 2DS in both red and blue in stock online so if you make two orders and you have a VISA card then you can get each for $90 + tax.

Kyolux

I'm thinking of trying it since I barely ever use my phone anyway so there's little point in paying for a monthly plan with Koodo.

Wish I could switch to something like that. But alas, I'm very much so addicted to having lots of internet on my phone. I don't think these services are good for that? Or am I wrong?

Best Buy is still doing the VISA checkout thingy it seems. They also have the 2DS in both red and blue in stock online so if you make two orders and you have a VISA card then you can get each for $90 + tax.

Why are you doing this to me? Will be making another order tonight. edit: nevermind.. cards are still no longer available online.

Going to be in England for two weeks. Not sure if I will have a chance to switch to wind before I take off.

Bell's plans seem like shit for roaming travel. I may just have to roll with them.

farisr

Why are you doing this to me? Will be making another order tonight. edit: nevermind.. cards are still no longer available online.
Haha, I did the exact same thing. I was like "maybe I should go for another $100" then saw the cards not available online thing.

Kyolux

Sold my NMS copy and picked up another $70 worth of psn money with that money plus a 10$ reward zone I had on my account.

My war chest for PS VR games is getting there! After Steins;gate 0 comes out, I should have around $200 leftover for VR software.

Lucky! That one looks cool, I've been wanting to book it for a while but it always says no open spots within 6 months :(

Yeah, I reserved this 2 hours after it was announced back in february, and the date was for June 21st or so. Ended up cancelling that one and joined in on a friend's friend's reservation, which was made later that day, which was for this Friday.

-
Edit: There's a wallet limit?! Damn.. Didn't know about that.. it won't let me add one of the cards. #firstworldproblem

kevin1025

Banned
Sold my NMS copy and picked up another $70 worth of psn money with that money plus a 10$ reward zone I had on my account.

My war chest for PS VR games is getting there! After Steins;gate 0 comes out, I should have around $200 leftover for VR software.

Yeah, I reserved this 2 hours after it was announced back in february, and the date was for June 21st or so. Ended up cancelling that one and joined in on a friend's friend's reservation, which was made later that day, which was for this Friday.

-
Edit: There's a wallet limit?! Damn.. Didn't know about that.. it won't let me add one of the cards. #firstworldproblem

Yeah, the limit is $150 I believe!

Oneself

Man, what the fuck is with Amazon and No Man's Sky? It's been bouncing between "Shipping today" and "Shipping Now" since Monday. Never had this issue with Amazon and E3 orders, even with free shipping.
Sorry, that's shitty. Amazon is still flawless for me. Mine arrived yesterday. :/ Montreal area...

I wonder what will happen after tomorrow, when EB's trade-in deals for the S end. I wish it was lasting for a few more days, because I still have a couple of things to figure out.

Ventara

Seems to be 200.. I have 190 on my account right now.

They must've increased then. I recall sometime last year I had just over $100 and couldn't add a $50 card, but the moment I bought something cheap and got it just under $100, I was able to add it.

univbee

Seems to be 200.. I have 190 on my account right now.

Hmmm, wonder if this means you can buy $200 worth of stuff in one go. It was definitely limited to $150 recently, they actually couldn't sell "Star Wars Battlefront: Ultimate Edition" as a single item like on other stores because it was $160, your only option was picking up the Deluxe Edition and then the Season Pass in a 2nd transaction.

Ive had that plan forever, its fucking amazing. I do 100 min/unlim txt for like 22$ bucks a month or something. plus they have deals every month or so if you do a 100$ top up you get one month extra

Edit: Also living in the Fraser Valley and get service pretty far when i go camping or something in the woods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom