• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

Hey guys.. with AA6 coming out on September 8.. I'll probably want to sell my 3DS once I'm done with that.

Will games downloaded on it still work if I remove my Nintendo ID/personal informations on it? So that I can sell it with some of the games I have for it from the eshop attached?

BadWolf

Ive had that plan forever, its fucking amazing. I do 100 min/unlim txt for like 22$ bucks a month or something. plus they have deals every month or so if you do a 100$ top up you get one month extra

Edit: Also living in the Fraser Valley and get service pretty far when i go camping or something in the woods

Awesome, I've placed an order with them.

Xenoflare

Hey guys.. with AA6 coming out on September 8.. I'll probably want to sell my 3DS once I'm done with that.

Will games downloaded on it still work if I remove my Nintendo ID/personal informations on it? So that I can sell it with some of the games I have for it from the eshop attached?

IIRC the games are still device bound. It will work but you won't be able to get it back unless you call Nintendo

butbut, Dragon Quest 7/8 3DS!

bryt

Wow, September is a packed month for me. My wallet.

AA6, Steins;Gate 0, Psycho Pass, Trails of Cold Steel 2, DQ7, FFXV and then I'll have to also avoid Persona 5 spoilers somehow.

Pretty ridiculous.

Kyolux

IIRC the games are still device bound. It will work but you won't be able to get it back unless you call Nintendo

What do you mean, won't be able to get it back? The would-be buyer won't be able to play the games?

butbut, Dragon Quest 7/8 3DS!

Already have those on PS1 and PS2 since their releases. :)

DQ7 is awesome and my favorite in the series.. but I'm not replaying through it. Way too long.

Wow, September is a packed month for me. My wallet.

AA6, Steins;Gate 0, Psycho Pass, Trails of Cold Steel 2, DQ7, FFXV

Pretty ridiculous.

Yeah, AA6, Steins;Gate 0, Shantae and FFXV for me.

and pokemon!

Not a fan of the pokemon games.

killroy87

So, has anyone here traded a 500gb Xbox One in towards an S with these new deals? If so, how much did you get?

What new deals? There's the deal at EB that ends today, and there have been many posts commenting on that (you've replied to them).

I'm not aware of any new deals starting today. But, as with anything trade-in-promo related, you're much better off with just a five minute phone call to the store so they can lay out clearly how it works with what you want to trade in. Waiting to hear various opinions from here is just conflicting and confusing. Literally a phone call saying "Hey, I have a 500GB Xbone I'd like to trade towards a One S, what are my best options?"

What new deals? There's the deal at EB that ends today, and there have been many posts commenting on that (you've replied to them).

I'm not aware of any new deals starting today. But, as with anything trade-in-promo related, you're much better off with just a five minute phone call to the store so they can lay out clearly how it works with what you want to trade in. Waiting to hear various opinions from here is just conflicting and confusing. Literally a phone call saying "Hey, I have a 500GB Xbone I'd like to trade towards a One S, what are my best options?"

I just meant those ending today. They're the newer ones over the original deal.

I didn't know if anyone ever posted exactly how much you get, outside of estimates.

killroy87

I just meant those ending today. They're the newer ones over the original deal.

I didn't know if anyone ever posted exactly how much you get, outside of estimates.

8$ List: https://www.ebgames.ca/Views/Locale/Content/PDF/tradeoffers/8-dollar-trade-value-en.pdf?20160707

I did that trade-in earlier today, traded Division, AC Syndicate, Dead Rising 3, Black ops 2 and Republique, that was 100$, then I got 198$ (includes an extra Edge Platinum bonus of 16.50$) trade in value for the a Xbox One 500 Gb and a 50$ off on the console (499.99$-50$).

Total for a 2 TB Xbox One S: 151.99$+tx

ohlawd

It was 25x RZ points on E3 pre-orders and then 10x on gaming purchases throughout the year (excluding hardware IIRC).

you're right

If you pre-order video games during June 10-16, 2016 you will qualify for the 10x bonus Reward Zone™ points level up. You will receive 10x points on all video game purchases from June 17, 2016 to December 31, 2016. Reward Zone™ points will be automatically added to your Reward Zone™ account 36 days after the purchase date. For pre-orders, the points will be awarded approximately 36 days after the game is shipped or picked up in-store. The 10x bonus offer only applies to video game software purchases, and does not include accessories or consoles.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/help/e3-2016-get-25x-reward-zone-points-on-pre-order-games/hc8348.aspx

Clive

It was 25x RZ points on E3 pre-orders and then 10x on gaming purchases throughout the year (excluding hardware IIRC).

Thanks. All I could find on their web site indicated that it was 2x the points. It's really not that well advertised. I guess that means $5 back for a $40 game so I guess that's where my Shantae and Azure Striker pre-orders will be if nothing else happens.

etta

my hard graphic balls
11 more days to go until Xbox One S 😬
I wonder if my EB will break street date a day or two before. Hmmmm.

For some reasons I am able to cancel tons of games from my Amazon 2015 E3 orders through the regular website, it never worked since I got a game shipped and cancelling through the mobile version stopped working a while ago.

dcelw540

Any deals for doom for ps4? I borrowed a copy from my local library and the disk is not working. And now I'm craving to play this game. :/

sorry shipping GAF, Attempt #5 and Intelcom still as bad as ever. Witness saw them turn back from the apartment because someone else was trying to buzz in, and labelled it "Business Closed"

Let's see if Amazon call #9 fixes anything!

Gitaroo

For some reasons I am able to cancel tons of games from my Amazon 2015 E3 orders through the regular website, it never worked since I got a game shipped and cancelling through the mobile version stopped working a while ago.

Same, just send them and email, they usually get it done within 24 hours.

Amazon really needs some sort of filtering/moderation for those type of sellers. Any Joe Blow can register, list a bunch of super-cheap items, and scam a bunch of people's information even if they all get refunds.

It's turning into the bad parts of eBay.

Kyolux

Feedback Rating: 1.0 stars over the past 12 months
1.0 stars over the past 12 months (2 ratings)

Amazon really needs some sort of filtering/moderation for those type of sellers. Any Joe Blow can register, list a bunch of super-cheap items, and scam a bunch of people's information even if they all get refunds.

It's turning into the bad parts of eBay.

Yeah.. not to be trusted I guess.

In other news.. anyone else's dog started heavily shedding? I have enough of mine's fur to make 2 or 3 Trump wigs.

13891999_10153563184381991_9215039053564086361_n.jpg

13906793_10153563184416991_4043232446674106440_n.jpg

i-Jest

Thanks, backorder but I was able to pre-order. The VISA Checkout promo worked too.

If I get 10x RZ points then it will be a pretty good deal.

If I use Visa Checkout, is the charge going to automatically show on my credit card or do normal preorder rules still apply, where I'm charged once the item ships?

Yasumi

Banned
Yeah.. not to be trusted I guess.

In other news.. anyone else's dog started heavily shedding? I have enough of mine's fur to make 2 or 3 Trump wigs.
My cats are. Brushing helps a bit, but I've been waking up to at least one lovely moist hairball on the carpet pretty much daily.

I've been keeping my cats out of my gaming room in the basement, because they shed and due to my OCD. They have free reign of the rest of the house. But when I was boxing up my Xbox One tonight, my fat/19 pound male cat ran in and I couldn't get him out nor did I have time.

He was on the cool floor when I came home, but there were tufts of fur on my bed, so I knew he'd been up there. I went over the comforter about four times, with one of those sticky rollers, and couldn't believe how it kept coming and coming. The last sweep didn't have a lot on it, so I guess I got it all.

In other news, after almost having a panic attack earlier, I got my Xbox One ready and boxed up in time to get to EB before closing. I had something I wanted to try to finish beforehand, because I don't want to put a library disc in my new system.

They gave me $198 in trade value, after a 10% bump. The system did not automatically take the extra $50 off of the S, though, so I brought it up, showed it on my phone and they called another local store to find out how to do it.

The clerk commented on how clean and nice looking my system was, though I didn't think so. It had some scratches on it from dusting using a Swiffer (that's ludicrous), and hadn't been dusted in about a month. But it wasn't too dusty.

He loved my Forza controller that I traded in. I didn't want to get rid of it, but it was the only used one I had, and I figured I'd keep my pristine Lunar White. I got almost a year out of the Forza one.

Elitist1945

How do I buy something through CDKeys without using Paypal? I know I've done it with my debit visa before, and I have an account, but its making me use Paypal now and I don't want to use Paypal.

Speaking of Forza controllers, I kinda hope they make a S edition for it.

Me too. I miss it already, lol.

But I only had 3 controllers: the Forza, the Lunar White (unused outside of testing after opening) and an Elite. It didn't make sense to trade in a brand new Lunar White, when the Forza one had been used since October. (Although the CSR did comment on how it looked pristine).

He offered to let me buy a used controller and swap them, but that would've set me back $60 and change. Seriously, $60.

How do I buy something through CDKeys without using Paypal? I know I've done it with my debit visa before, and I have an account, but its making me use Paypal now and I don't want to use Paypal.

You can't use PayPal's "pay by credit card without logging in" option? Usually you're given the option to use your PayPal account or enter in credit card info.

Unless you want to completely avoid PayPal. In which case, I don't really know!

DEAL

15% off books at Amazon.ca again. Use code "PROMO15" at checkout.

If I use Visa Checkout, is the charge going to automatically show on my credit card or do normal preorder rules still apply, where I'm charged once the item ships?

No charge on my CC so it's just like any other pre-order.

UberTag

Bunch of The Simpsons seasons are on sale at Amazon. Ranging between $10 - $12. Going to stock up lol.
I stocked up the last time they were down in this price range. I'd really like to see the BluRay sets drop to a reasonable price point but that doesn't seem to ever happen.

Lothars

I stocked up the last time they were down in this price range. I'd really like to see the BluRay sets drop to a reasonable price point but that doesn't seem to ever happen.
Yeah they barely ever go on sale and never for a reasonable price. I hope they will eventually.

killroy87

For those who missed the EB Games XBOne S trade-in, Best Buy is doing one themselves now.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/category/trade-in-games/pc_tradeingames.aspx

The value for an XOne at BB is $100, plus the additional $50, then the $160 gift card, puts it at a theoretical 320.
...I don't think that's right.

The "up to a $160 gift card" they mention I believe is referring to the value of the console, not on top of it. So you're looking at a max of $210 (160+50). I the case you mentioned, you'd get $100 plus $50.

Kyolux

DEAL

15% off books at Amazon.ca again. Use code "PROMO15" at checkout.

Thanks, remade my order of the FFXV hardcover strategy guide. (I collect those things)

thanks! grabbed the first 2 IDW TMNT Collections, and got the 3rd and 4th preordered for under $200

Oh thanks for the idea, I already had the first since last year, but found the second one a bit too expensive so I waited for a price drop.. guess I'll order that one and pre-order the other 2 as well. I also need to see if they added the next Saga. The last one was so good.

Edit: No Saga volume 7 :\ and I'm not feeling putting $100 on TMNT this month alone. Changed my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom