• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh924

Banned
sorry shipping GAF, Attempt #5 and Intelcom still as bad as ever. Witness saw them turn back from the apartment because someone else was trying to buzz in, and labelled it "Business Closed"

Let's see if Amazon call #9 fixes anything!

Aww, shit. Between the posts on here and on Reddit talking about how shitty Intelcom is, I'm really worried about the birthday gifts I bought for my friend (bought them off Amazon, being couriered by Intelcom). I guess the best case scenario is that she either gets the package some time tomorrow or Monday. I'm afraid to think about what the worst case scenario would be.

Intelcom fulfilled one of my Amazon orders and they were pretty competent.

Not the best service in the world, but I've had worse experiences with Canada Post and Purolator.

Clive

Does anyone know where the best place to buy a Playstation TV is? I want one for homebrew.

eBay or EB Games in-store is probably best at this point since no one is selling them new. MTC Factory Outlet had them a week ago but out of stock right now.

I assume most (maybe every) ps+ got the email from Sony with the super super user voucher wit a bunch of free stuff for the free to play games?

Yassss, can't wait to feel it with my fingers.

vRMROh7.png

really great game, so much to do and see, plus with the update we can listen to custom soundtracks when creating chaos in the city :)

etta

my hard graphic balls
really great game, so much to do and see, plus with the update we can listen to custom soundtracks when creating chaos in the city :)
I know :p, it's one of my favourite game of all time. I've had it digital since release but I needed to get that epic album art in physical form so I could have it on my shelf and touch it every once in a while.

zroid

Banned
HOT DEAL

Catch a Pokémon inside the Queen St., Vancouver, or West Edmonton Mall Hudson's Bay stores, and get 20% off your purchase.

Intelcom fulfilled one of my Amazon orders and they were pretty competent.

Not the best service in the world, but I've had worse experiences with Canada Post and Purolator.

Per the Reddit thread, I discovered all of their delivery prop are contractors. So you'll never know if it's them and there will never be any consistency in delivery. I'll stop complaining about them and just post the link instead, they are that bad.

FWIW my No Man's Sky is still being held by Intelcom. About to make Amazon call #12. They gave me a free month of prime but still don't want to try delivering by another carrier.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Woah, my Sunset Overdrive shipped on a Sunday with Amazon's own AMZCA shipping service. Says it'll be here tomorrow. Anyone have any experience with them? I didn't even know they did home deliveries themselves here.

Woah, my Sunset Overdrive shipped on a Sunday with Amazon's own AMZCA shipping service. Says it'll be here tomorrow. Anyone have any experience with them? I didn't even know they did home deliveries themselves here.

I had the Star Trek TNG box set delivered to me on a Sunday from Amazon via AMZCA. Reader, I was as surprised as you.

sikkinixx

Some dude in a ratty old Jetta will blast to your door blaring Disturbed, SPRINT to the door, and toss it from about 4 feet away then dash back to the car and burn off into the night.

If it's raining they put the box in a plastic bag though. That's a nice touch.

Need some laptop advice.

I've been borrowing a Macbook Air for some time but I need to give it back soon. I'll need a new laptop, my actual one is a 5 year old Asus.

I love the Macbook Air's weight and size, should I jump on a refurbished one for 900 bucks or are there cheaper alternatives? Not interested in Chromebooks.

Maddog

Need some laptop advice.

I've been borrowing a Macbook Air for some time but I need to give it back soon. I'll need a new laptop, my actual one is a 5 year old Asus.

I love the Macbook Air's weight and size, should I jump on a refurbished one for 900 bucks or are there cheaper alternatives? Not interested in Chromebooks.

What do you need it for? Gaming? Work?

daevv

Just checking my amazon pre-orders. The Skyrim PS4 Remastered is actually gonna retail for $79.99? Was thinking that was a place holder back at E3. That seems high. Might have to cancel and wait till 2017 to pick it up.

Moltenix

Need some laptop advice.

Depending on how old it is and screen size, 900 for an Air isn't too bad. I had one for school, it's no powerhouse but it definitely gets the job done. Absolutely loved the size (13) and battery life of mine.

Depending on how old it is and screen size, 900 for an Air isn't too bad. I had one for school, it's no powerhouse but it definitely gets the job done. Absolutely loved the size (13) and battery life of mine.

Yeah I've been borrowing the 13 for work and it's been amazing. The only thing keeping me back is price, and if I can get a decent laptop for cheaper that offers the same things (it's light, fast, and has long battery life) then I'd go for that.

The refurbished 11 is 900 bucks.

i-Lo

I am looking to sell my mint condition Nikon d7000 w/ 50mm 1.8G lens. Anyone know what would be a fair price for the combo? Consequently, is there a good place to buy new camera for reasonable price (Henry's is expensive) because in return I'm hoping to slim down to Fuji x100t?

Dalius

I'm going to order parts for my new PC build in a few days - haven't done a build since early 2011. Which retailer is the best for PC parts these days? I used NCIX last time; they aren't the speediest at shipping things out (in Ontario at least - I know their warehouses are in BC). Does Newegg.ca still ship from the US? How is their customer service?

TechJunk

Need some laptop advice.

From Redflagdeals... 13 inch MacBook air, $674.

(1) [eBay.ca] Refurb - Apple 13.3" MacBook Air Notebook Computer MD760LL/A i5 Dual-Core 4GB Memory - $674.99 - RedFlagDeals.com Forums http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ebay...760ll-i5-dual-core-4gb-memory-674-99-2033795/

Just relinking cause I went there by chance after reading this thread.

hazukash

Microsoft Office 2016 Windows or Mac $13 w/ participating work/school email

http://www.microsofthup.com/hupca/home.aspx?culture=en-CA

just tried my ubc email and that worked. give it a shot gents.

For those in Montréal: Concordia and UQAM email addresses don't work, but UdeM email addresses do. I took a single class there one summer 5 years ago and my email address worked perfectly. I was in the market for a legit copy of Office so this was a fantastic deal.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
For those in Montréal: Concordia and UQAM email addresses don't work, but UdeM email addresses do. I took a single class there one summer 5 years ago and my email address worked perfectly. I was in the market for a legit copy of Office so this was a fantastic deal.
Good to know. Thanks!

PFD

Need some laptop advice.

The entire MacBook line is supposed to get a major overhaul pretty soon. I would wait a couple months if possible

Eternia

I'm going to order parts for my new PC build in a few days - haven't done a build since early 2011. Which retailer is the best for PC parts these days? I used NCIX last time; they aren't the speediest at shipping things out (in Ontario at least - I know their warehouses are in BC). Does Newegg.ca still ship from the US? How is their customer service?
NCIX does have a warehouse in Ontario now so it'll depend which one has stock. I'd probably use either Memoryexpress or NCIX as both allow for price matching. You can also pick up instore at NCIX if you want to avoid shipping times/fees. You look around PCPartPicker for a general idea of stores and pricing.

Hey, if you'd like help choosing parts to build your PC with, let me know. I do a lot of work within a PC compatibility lab, so I am really familiar with all the latest cards, CPU's and components. And as Eternia mentioned below, PCPartPicker is your bets friend for this. Make your PC build on PC part picker, then literally send the part list to NCIX or Memory express, and they will price match everything they can.

If you want help, just let me know the basics.
- What your budget is
- What Resolution you are targeting
- What you would use the PC for (gaming video editing, game development, casual web browsing?)

Cheers.

NCIX does have a warehouse in Ontario now so it'll depend which one has stock. I'd probably use either Memoryexpress or NCIX as both allow for price matching. You can also pick up instore at NCIX if you want to avoid shipping times/fees. You look around PCPartPicker for a general idea of stores and pricing.

Exactly, PCPartPicker is amazing for creating PC builds.

Tempted to triple dip for the PC version.

The L and R are ugly as sin.

Take them apart and paint them (if that's possible...might want to research that). You won't notice it anyway when you're wearing them. Unless you're standing in front of a mirror.

I want to pull the trigger on this so hard........But my funds ain't right. These headphone deals ALWAYS come around when I don't have the money to spare.

It's a good deal. And again...they come highly regarded. Amazon has them listed at $160.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom