• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

It's funny, you say "some Madoka figure" and I know exactly which you are likely talking about, because there's only one that truly fits the description of HUGE, lol

And yeah, they're right in that box dimensions can be a bitch. I had to pay 4,280 yen (which would be 4,780 now, yikes) on a Master Grade Hi-Nu Gundam model kit before 'cause of how crazy huge its box was, yet the weight is only 1210g, lol.

But all in all, nice! I don't have her, but Cordelia is an excellent looking figure (and since made by GSC/Max Factory, the quality is definitely on point).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I noticed that BestBuy has a promo for trading up to an xbox 1 S as well.

Am i right in that it's 160 trade in + 50 credit? That would make it almost as good as the EB offer last month.

superbad

Im glad I've got one of these preordered at EB. I wanted to take advantage of the Trade 5 for $100 promo, but they couldn't get the system to apply it to this. I ended up trading towards a 2DS, which I've kept sealed and will return on Friday and use the credit towards this.

I've wanted a regular size n3DS for what seems like forever, but I've found the cost of previous bundles to be a bit ridiculous.

snack

Wow, my grandfather cellphone plan on Rogers 6gb went from like 50 dollars in 2012 to 75 now before taxes. This is beyond stupid. Are there any good phone plans here in Vancouver? Rogers is a fraud.

Tapejara

So, bad news PSN people: it looks like Sony is now charging more for digital content on the Canadian Store. As was pointed out in the Rock Band 4 OT, new RB4 songs starting from this week on are priced at $2.99 instead of $1.99. But it's not just Rock Band DLC, compare the US prices of game DLC listed in the PS Blog Store update to the Canadian Store.

New Rainbow Six add on - $6.99 US/$9.79 Canadian
Grow Up - $9.99 US/$13.49 Canadian
LBP3 DLC - $0.99 US/$1.49 Canadian
Gal*Gun DLC - $4.99 US/$6.99 Canadian
7 Days to Die DLC - $1.99 US/$2.99 Canadian

Dark times ahead.

Kyolux

So, bad news PSN people: it looks like Sony is now charging more for digital content on the Canadian Store. As was pointed out in the Rock Band 4 OT, new RB4 songs starting from this week on are priced at $2.99 instead of $1.99. But it's not just Rock Band DLC, compare the US prices of game DLC listed in the PS Blog Store update to the Canadian Store.

Dark times ahead.

Well, that's to be expected.

The USD = CAD occurences were just random and were most of the time adjusted no?

Regretting a bit my PSN money hoarding for VR games now. But I'm sure it'll still end up cheaper than in store in most cases anyway.

Maximus.

Wow, my grandfather cellphone plan on Rogers 6gb went from like 50 dollars in 2012 to 75 now before taxes. This is beyond stupid. Are there any good phone plans here in Vancouver? Rogers is a fraud.

The same plan for regular customers would be like $130. You have it pretty good.

Tapejara

The USD = CAD occurences were just random and were most of the time adjusted no?

Regretting a bit my PSN money hoarding for VR games now. But I'm sure it'll still end up cheaper than in store in most cases anyway.

Bigger, $60 games were usually adjusted because of the exchange rate, but smaller downloadable titles and DLC were typically exempt. It's just now that smaller content is being adjusted.

--

Also, according to the post in the Rock Band 4 OT this only applies to new content, which is why older Rock Band 4 DLC is still $1.99. So older content probably won't go up in price.

And I just noticed the last Arcade Archives release is $10.99 instead of $7.99 like the other ones :/.

The price on Bound seems a bit extreme.

Dark times ahead.

This sucks, what the heck is $26 for Bound. Grow up is $13.50 too.

Ahhh shit they're raising Vita games now too. It's all over.

Rbk_3

Google

" Koodo Manitoba 5gb $48 plan "

Myself and 5 friends are all on it in Ontario.

I noticed that BestBuy has a promo for trading up to an xbox 1 S as well.

Am i right in that it's 160 trade in + 50 credit? That would make it almost as good as the EB offer last month.

Pretty sure BB trade ins are not tax free though

Lexxism

I would like to suggest Public Mobile. $38 for 2GB of data but noticed that you have a 5GB tho.

zroid

Banned
wowww Angel complete series box set is only $29.99 at amazon today, that's amazing

I'd buy it but I just don't have the space for any more big box sets 😔

Dazzler

I'm paying $55 for a grandfathered 6GB plan on Fido

It's crazy how data allowances keep shrinking and prices keep going up

Fido keep trying to get me off the plan by offering new phones but I'd be an idiot to give it up

Haven't PSN prices remained relatively at par? The dollar isn't going back up so they can't take a hit on the exchange rate forever. I'm surprised PS+ is still $50.

Fido keep trying to get me off the plan by offering new phones but I'd be an idiot to give it up

It's because data is the thing everyone wants/needs now.

Back when texting was a big deal, I'm pretty sure the carriers nickel-and-dimed you for everything. I was on prepaid and had to pay for incoming texts unless I got a text bundle, which of course was robbery because texts consume barely any network data. And before that it was talk time.

Now text and talk is "unlimited" at a certain price, making it seem like a great deal when you pay $40 a month for it, along with 100MB of data or something.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah it's crazy that my 6gb for 70 is a "deal" now. I think the equivalent is like 120 dollars with Bell if I were to get the same plan.

I still have a Saskatchewan unlimited talk/text/Canada-wide calling + 5 GB of data plan for 65$/mo from Telus, even though I've lived in Toronto for two years now.

There's just little incentive for me to change when the equivalent plan here is like 95$ - 100$/mo. I'd like a 416 number, sure, but it's hard to justify 30 dollars a month for it.

I wonder if I could strong arm them into switching me to a Toronto number while keeping my rate.

Riptwo

I was paying around $90 for my old City Fido plan w 6GB, but they had me on a 6GB plan where overages were $0.30/MB instead of $0.05 or whatever the current rate is. They refused to swap my 6GB data plan for the better 6GB data plan with proper overage rates, so I switched to Wind.

Now I'm paying $50/mo with 10GB of data and unlimited US roaming. I'm way, way happier!

Ryde3

I still have a Saskatchewan unlimited talk/text/Canada-wide calling + 5 GB of data plan for 65$/mo from Telus, even though I've lived in Toronto for two years now.

There's just little incentive for me to change when the equivalent plan here is like 95$ - 100$/mo. I'd like a 416 number, sure, but it's hard to justify 30 dollars a month for it.

I wonder if I could strong arm them into switching me to a Toronto number while keeping my rate.

If it's a Canada wide plan, get a prepaid Toronto number, then port your Toronto number over, that may work (that's how it works for the Koodo 48$ plan anyways)

Rbk_3

If it's a Canada wide plan, get a prepaid Toronto number, then port your Toronto number over, that may work (that's how it works for the Koodo 48$ plan anyways)

Can't do that on TELUS, only on koodo.

He should switch to the koodo plan. It's the same network, $20 cheaper and he can have a Toronto #

Really can't understand how people who constantly post in a Canada game deals thread are not on this plan. It's so easy to get.

Kyolux

Oh man, I may need to look into buying a new mouse.

My middle click seems to get more picky on how I press it most of the time.

Had a Naga Hex from 2-3 years ago?

Anyone know what's good nowadays? I don't need as many buttons as I used to. Don't really play mmos and I don't play mobas.

But I want something that's good for games like Overwatch and I don't know what else.

TUSR

Banned

Anyone know what's good nowadays? I don't need as many buttons as I used to. Don't really play mmos and I don't play mobas.

But I want something that's good for games like Overwatch and I don't know what else.
Logitech Pro Gaming Mouse
Logitech G303
Zowie FK2

Vinc

They force you to change plans just to get a new phone? I just kept my grandfathered plan with another provider and still got a $0 Nexus 6p

CazTGG

I'd personally recommend the Logitech MX Master. Super comfortable and has just enough buttons in the right places for video editing and gaming.

Can't do that on TELUS, only on koodo.

He should switch to the koodo plan. It's the same network, $20 cheaper and he can have a Toronto #

Really can't understand how people who constantly post in a Canada game deals thread are not on this plan. It's so easy to get.

These plans? No tab for me since I have my own phone btw.

Is the "+1 GB of bonus data" in addition to what they state on this page, or is it included in what they state? Because I'll switch over for that 65$ plan if it's 3GB + 1 GB totaling 4 GB.

Dazzler

They force you to change plans just to get a new phone? I just kept my grandfathered plan with another provider and still got a $0 Nexus 6p

I have the $25 City Fido package + $30 6GB data add on. They won't let me upgrade to another smart phone unless I go on one of their "Smart" plans

I just buy iPhones off contract because it works out cheaper for me in the long term

chrono01

lol messed around with the shipping since it's calculated now. other costs $177 and EMS at $185

worth it

so yeah chrono and Sora said the box is huge and fuck me I believe it. saw this blog post with some Madoka figure and the box used for delivery is freaking huge
The figure box isn't quite the same size as Ultimate Madoka (thankfully), and (after looking at it again), it's not as big as I thought it was. I mean, it's still larger than usual, but nothing abnormally large. But then, I collect many different figures, so my opinion on what's a large box or not might be somewhat skewed. My absolute largest box would have to to be either Franky - Sailing Again Ver. (One Piece) or Insane Black Rock Shooter. Ultimate Madoka is up there too, most definitely.

Cordelia, from my opinion, is more of a "medium-sized" box, but again, it's based from my personal experiences. I grew conditioned to the size of (some) boxes, getting larger over time, so they don't really surprise me anymore. :/

CqGFMzaW8AEk1Kr.jpg

Uh well this is weird,

On xbox one i just went to go buy the rise of iron expansion and it seems that buying the destiny collection the former dlc and rise of iron is coming up deeply discounted at 29.99 so... if you're still playing destiny on xbox one do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom