• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

sikkinixx

Got my N3DS Mario bundle. Went and grabbed it from post office while CanadaPost put the pick up slip on my mailbox *eye roll*

I'm.... not sure I want it. I opened it (no sticker seal luckily) and mucked with it a bit. Not sure if I can deal with the HUGE downgrade in screen size. I thought it wouldn't bug me going from the XL down but... I dunno! The buttons are super nice, removable plates are sweet and the build quality feels nice. Ehhhhh decisions.

Kyolux

Anyone played Chronicles of teddy? It looks pretty up my alley, vaguely metroidvanniay fantasy side scroller.

I know it was on my steam wishlist for a while. Never got around to it though. If I were to grab something form this flash sale.. I guess it would be this. But I don't know. Would need some impressions.

I know it was on my steam wishlist for a while. Never got around to it though. If I were to grab something form this flash sale.. I guess it would be this. But I don't know. Would need some impressions.
Basically where I'm at with it too, but man the video at least makes it seem neat.

Upcoming deal

Shoppers Drug Mart (tomorrow to Friday Aug 26)
Yokai Watch $29.99
Hyrule Warriors Legends $29.99
Fallout 4 $29.99
Mortal Kombat X $29.99
DOOM $39.99
Forza 6 $49.99

Good deal for Hyrule Warriors IMO. Lots of content for Zelda fans and surprisingly deeper than just a mindless button-masher.

steam link and controller no longer available via ebgames.ca, and are only listed on steam now for in stock at amazon (removal of the link to EB games on the steam store pages) - where they're now raised the MSRP to $65

Clive

Samurai Warriors 4-2 is $24.99 on Amazon and Samurai Warriors 4 Empires is $39.99.

To add to this, another PS4 game from Koei Tecmo that got a price slash on Amazon today was the well received strategy game, Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence. Picked up a copy for myself for $24.99.

zroid

Banned
Upcoming deal

Shoppers Drug Mart (tomorrow to Friday Aug 26)
Yokai Watch $29.99
Hyrule Warriors Legends $29.99
Fallout 4 $29.99
Mortal Kombat X $29.99
DOOM $39.99
Forza 6 $49.99

Good deal for Hyrule Warriors IMO. Lots of content for Zelda fans and surprisingly deeper than just a mindless button-masher.

Oh for some reason I thought you were talking about the Wii U version which I have already. Hmmm... that's mildly tempting

kevin1025

Banned
So, any good deals on video cards? My current 7700 can't run Deus Ex MD.

I've been keeping an eye out for the after-market versions of the RX 480. I plan on picking up either that or a GTX 1060 at the end of September, since the price range is around $320-350 before tax. As for right now, a bunch of the 3GB versions of the GTX 1060 just came out, and they're under $300 on Newegg and in stock! Outside of that, it's wild trying to find decent in stock prices on either card.

3DS system transfer is a painful process. Very impressed with the new 3DS Mario 3D Land Bundle, though. The build quality is so much nicer than the new 3DS XL I had previously.

Just got the new bundle as well. LOVE the nintendo all stars plate.

The transferring though... i'm currently 1.5 hours in and ONLY at I think 30%? Guess ill be playing tomorrow..

zroid

Banned

The transferring though... i'm currently 1.5 hours in and ONLY at I think 30%? Guess ill be playing tomorrow..

you need to not do the wireless transfer. the other way is much much faster.

too late now though :(

Rbk_3

These plans? No tab for me since I have my own phone btw.

Is the "+1 GB of bonus data" in addition to what they state on this page, or is it included in what they state? Because I'll switch over for that 65$ plan if it's 3GB + 1 GB totaling 4 GB.

No, this plan

http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...o-get-the-48-Manitoba-plan-anywhere-in-Canada

$48 Unlimited Canada wide 5GB

It is beyond simple to get.

1. Go to Koodo, open a new account with an Ontario #, choose the cheapest plan
2. When you get home log into the Self Serve and change your # to a Manitoba #.
3. When the billing cycle ends in 4-7 days, you can now pick the Manitoba $48 5 GB plan on the self serve
4. On the self serve, port your current ontario #.

You now have a $48 5 GB Canada wide plan with an Ontario #

farisr

Nice to see Battlefront for 29.99 at a bunch of places right now. Hopefully the price continues to drop enough so that when the VR mission launches, the game is being sold for a price similar to what other VR games/experiences are being sold for. (as that's the only reason I'm even considering getting the game)

I wish Amazon would tell you where your item was going to ship from before you buy it, ordered a power bank for my mobile devices and it's shipping from Richmond, BC instead of Mississauga, Ont =/

I wish Amazon would tell you where your item was going to ship from before you buy it, ordered a power bank for my mobile devices and it's shipping from Richmond, BC instead of Mississauga, Ont =/

Amazon ca has only 2 distribution centers to the best of my knowledge so it's not that surprising I'm in bc and my orders ship 75/25 richmond/Mississauga

Spinoff90

Amazon ca has only 2 distribution centers to the best of my knowledge so it's not that surprising I'm in bc and my orders ship 75/25 richmond/Mississauga

They have one in Calgary too but think it is pretty small since it seems rare for stuff to ship from that one. Have had two orders ship from it though.

Kyolux

Nice to see Battlefront for 29.99 at a bunch of places right now. Hopefully the price continues to drop enough so that when the VR mission launches, the game is being sold for a price similar to what other VR games/experiences are being sold for. (as that's the only reason I'm even considering getting the game)

The game is still 52$ on the PS store. :/ And yeah, only want it for the vr stuff.

I don't need any other online shooters with Overwatch being this good (and all my friends and even my boss are playing it).

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I feel like buying a house. Anyone have any good sales or places to look? What's a good website to look at prices? Apparently zillow is only american? Who knew?

Reich

I feel like buying a house. Anyone have any good sales or places to look? What's a good website to look at prices? Apparently zillow is only american? Who knew?

Just bought a new house. Brand new.

Here in Quebec. The "ground?" / "field?" was cheap as hell. 15k$ for 110" x 90".

170k$. Loving it so far.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No, this plan

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...here-in-Canada

$48 Unlimited Canada wide 5GB

It is beyond simple to get.

1. Go to Koodo, open a new account with an Ontario #, choose the cheapest plan
2. When you get home log into the Self Serve and change your # to a Manitoba #.
3. When the billing cycle ends in 4-7 days, you can now pick the Manitoba $48 5 GB plan on the self serve
4. On the self serve, port your current ontario #.

You now have a $48 5 GB Canada wide plan with an Ontario #
Jesus you can do this all online now? I remember when you had to show a Sasketchewan drivers license or do other weird shenanigans.

In Ontario they're supposed to open up that housing price thing to everyone soon. Right now the only way to access that information is if you are already a home owner or a realtor, iirc.

Shitty time to buy though anyway, at least in Toronto where prices keep going up and up.

MikeDip

I am in Toronto, what is this price thing that's opening? I can wait for that I guess. Need money anyways. But it just feels like the prices raise faster than I can actually raise capital

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I am in Toronto, what is this price thing that's opening? I can wait for that I guess. Need money anyways. But it just feels like the prices raise faster than I can actually raise capital
https://aboutmyproperty.ca/

I have never looked into buying though, so maybe there is another resource already. But that site has sales information for every house because you are supposed to be able to use it to determine the value of your own home for tax purposes. As you can see though, it requires a tax number to log in.

MikeDip

My plan was always to try and find a desperate real estate agent that will do whatever necessary to get their first sale, resulting in me getting a nice discount.

But the market isn't agreeing with my plan.

I'm going to guess it's MLS listings, and possibly historical data. Up to now that data has been the sole domain of realtors and agents, and though there are ways for normal people to get access to that stuff, leaks have been shut down in the past.

Regarding Toronto: good fucking luck, assuming you really are talking about a house and you aren't already made of money. The condo market has been much more stable and hasn't risen as much, but houses are a crapshoot, especially anywhere south of Bloor. You're looking at bidding wars and final offers several tens of thousands (or more!) over initial asking price, as well as heavily constrained supply.

The case you're looking for (desperate agent looking to make a sale and will cut you a discount) doesn't really exist because everyone knows the market is hot and all the power is in the seller's hands. There is practically no reason for a seller to cut anyone a deal, anyone who did want to cut a deal would just find another offer at the asking price waiting for them in seconds.

MikeDip

I'm going to guess it's MLS listings, and possibly historical data. Up to now that data has been the sole domain of realtors and agents, and though there are ways for normal people to get access to that stuff, leaks have been shut down in the past.

Regarding Toronto: good fucking luck, assuming you really are talking about a house and you aren't already made of money. The condo market has been much more stable and hasn't risen as much, but houses are a crapshoot, especially anywhere south of Bloor. You're looking at bidding wars and final offers several tens of thousands (or more!) over initial asking price, as well as heavily constrained supply.

The case you're looking for (desperate agent looking to make a sale and will cut you a discount) doesn't really exist because everyone knows the market is hot and all the power is in the seller's hands. There is practically no reason for a seller to cut anyone a deal, anyone who did want to cut a deal would just find another offer at the asking price waiting for them in seconds.

I know my plan is a fever dream at best, the hot market needs to cool.

But yes, I won't settle for a condo. I need a house. Condos are not for me. In the suburbs things are looking like 800ish? Bleh.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Geez. 45 minutes for me. My 32 GB SD card is almost full, so if I tried to do a wireless transfer like you, it'd probably take me 2 days.

This is by 6th, or 7th transfer, some for myself some for other people and it was terrifying the first time as I feared losing my data. Now it's a smooth ride.

Its everywhere (in pockets) now. South etobicoke, north york (above 401), west scarborough, markham border, seems like $700-$1m for a bungalow, double for 2 story.

Neighborhoods - Go 1 block over and prices can change dramatically (for a variety of reasons). Its fascinating.

khaaan

The housing situation in the GTA in general is ridiculous.

My options are move to the middle of nowhere and pretty easily purchase a largish, or stay in the GTA and continue having my soul sucked at the rental apartment I'm at. The other issue is that my parents are getting older, one out of work, both developing their own health issues so even if I was somehow magically able to afford something in the area I would still need to be developing a safety net for the inevitable :(

big fake

Hey guys how are shopRBC and DirectCanada when it comes to shipping parts over to Southern Ontario (GTA region particularly)? I ordered a part from each of the stores for my new PC build and was wondering what I am to expect in terms of shipping. I haven't seen either of them update the shipping details for if its shipped or not.

Was just wondering what others experiences have been like.

zroid

Banned
I was thinking of trading a couple of my old 3DSes for the Mario bundle. Apparently EB will give me $65 for my 3DS and $75 for my 3DS XL.

hmmmmm... I'm sure I could do better if I sold them elsewhere, but it's such a hassle

plus they need to take both my AC adapters, so I'll have to buy a new one anyways. meh...

I got the mario 3ds bundle , i really like it i had the new 3ds xl its great too but the smaller 3ds make it easy to travel with it ib my jeans pocket

C-Sword

Anyone else noticed that it says on bestbuy.ca that they can't ship the King Of Fighters XIV to Quebec? It happened before with several games that did not include french in the instructions. Hopefully, we'll still get the physical copy on release day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom