• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

But...while processing...I was asked to sign in, or register. Registering required a account number.

First time I ever purchased from that website and I just left the field blank. Got both codes successfully (they actually sent them out faster than I had anticipated).

Renewed until October 2018.

Apples_89

First time I ever purchased from that website and I just left the field blank. Got both codes successfully (they actually sent them out faster than I had anticipated).

Renewed until October 2018.

You received your codes already? I ordered around 2 hrs ago and still haven't received my codes...

FluxWaveZ

You received your codes already? I ordered around 2 hrs ago and still haven't received my codes...

Yeah, I received both of my codes about 10 minutes after my order was placed. I'm guessing that's not the norm, though.

Got errors on PSN about a "maintenance" right after I redeemed both codes. Got a receipt email for the first one, didn't get one for the second. Seems that both of them worked, though, going by my membership.

JSR_Cube

I got one year from Costco. That puts me to August, 2018.

I have gotten enough value out of PS Plus. I download all the games and end up playing a lot of them on my PS Vita and PS4. So, it works out for me. But, the price increase sucks huge.

I think Sony is just going to keep this exchange rate "tax" for a long while now, no matter what the real rate.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
EB Games has Buy 1 Get 50℅ Off Used 3DS Games this week.

Might be a good chance to pick up some games to complete the collection. Would be nice if one of them have a used Kirby Planet Robobot.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
EB Games has Buy 1 Get 50℅ Off 3DS Games this week.

Might be a good chance to pick up some games to complete the collection. Would be nice if one of them have a used Kirby Planet Robobot.

Whaaaat? Link? Is it on used games only?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Whaaaat? Link? Is it on used games only?

Yeah it's on used titles only. I edited my previous post.

Buy 1 Get 50℅ off on 2nd so pretty much 25℅ off per game.

Bronetta

Are we all going to come back here in 2 years and complain that we wish we had gotten more than 2 years of plus? :p

We're going to reminisce about the good old days when PS+ was $50, video games were only $80+tax, and the honeymoon phase with Justin Trudeau was in full swing (I like the guy but its clear the economy and low currency are low priorities for his government).

$80 games and $50 season passes are here to stay for the foreseeable future.

farisr

So credit card got charged and Deus Ex is actually shipping today according to amazon. It's been a long time since a free shipping amazon e3 preorder may actually arrive on day 1 for me.

Its tough being a gamer that's looking for a good deal in Canada right now. The deal I'm most excited for right now is a $10 Nalgene water bottle that is supposed to arrive in the mail today from amazon.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I get an error when applying it but it applies anyway. Check your order total and breakdown to see if the discount applies anyway.
Thank you it worked. When it gave me the error I didn't bother completing the order but once I did it applied the 15% off.

etta

my hard graphic balls
If I walk into EB tomorrow without pre-ordering Deus Ex, can I still get the Day One edition with the extra missions and EB fabric poster?
Or can you pre-order stuff over the phone, I assume not, right?

Cynar

We're going to reminisce about the good old days when PS+ was $50, video games were only $80+tax, and the honeymoon phase with Justin Trudeau was in full swing (I like the guy but its clear the economy and low currency are low priorities for his government).

You could say the same about Harper as well since he tanked us after 10 years of doing nothing. At least stuff is somewhat stabilizing now. Pretty much just more of the same but at least we'll eventually get voting reform out of it.

I've already bought two years and I'm good until 2019 on top of my previous ones but your post is tempting me to purchase one more just to make it to 2020.

If I walk into EB tomorrow without pre-ordering Deus Ex, can I still get the Day One edition with the extra missions and EB fabric poster?
Or can you pre-order stuff over the phone, I assume not, right?

You'll get the day 1 edition for sure but they may refuse to give you the poster if you had no preorder.

etta

my hard graphic balls
You'll get the day 1 edition for sure but they may refuse to give you the poster if you had no preorder.
Yea, makes sense. I don't really wanna go there now just to make the pre-order, but hopefully when they see me there right as the store opens and also that I'm splashing money for a new console they might feel kind and give me the poster anyway.

a916

I could be wrong, but like the US and World economy, something like fixing that isn't something you flip the lightswitch and boom, the dollar is worth more... I imagine it's like trying to nudge an asteroid years out trying to course correct. They most likely are focusing on it, but nothing dramatic will come out because, I'm guessing here, but you do things like that slowly.

We're just going back to the price games were at in the 90's. Gamer's love nostalgia!

Costco is giving me errors when I try to register lol, lemme try a different browser

Turns out I was already registered and still kept giving me java errors, other browser worked fine

At least it's a few dollars less than the current regular price? =/

Kyolux

Yeah, don't know if I get more or not. I think I'll take my chances and assume I won't want to renew past next summer.

(famous last words)

I've been avoiding so many Costco deals thinking you needed a card to order online. I learn something new every day in this thread.

Gonna get 2 years of PS Plus, I guess. Hopefully things will be better by then.

SickBoy

I can't recall whether it was here or on Twitter, but I remember reading that someone had basically maxed out their PS+ subscription (in that Sony's system wouldn't allow them to add a further year). Anyone know anything about how far in the future you can set a subscription? Mine is good for nearly three years now (grabbed a card from Costco today), so maybe I'm done.. but interested to know, regardless.

kevin1025

Banned
Oh wow, just got an e-mail telling about the PS+ changes; the worst one is the 3-month card. I used to buy those instead of the year ones, since $17.99 was easy enough. The e-mail states the $17.99 cards will now be $29.99...for three months. Wow.

Wedge7

Just checked my PS Plus sub, and looks like my account expires in 2020, so I think I'm good. I realized I should probably stop hoarding so many of these online points/currency type things. I know I have hundreds of PSN Money digital codes that I havent used yet due to the $150 wallet limit, and I have hundreds in Xbox digital money physical codes. The worst is probably having more than $1k in Steam wallet. Though at least for the Steam stuff, the discount was like 40%, and I'm constantly gifting my friends games. It was that Microsoft store thing where they were selling the cards in Canadian currency, but it would redeem as USD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom