• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be a dissenting voice. Even with the price increase I still find PS plus to be worth the price of admission.

Yes, most of the free games end up being not to my taste. But even if there's 6 a year I get into it's worth it to me.

I've put 200+ hours into Rocket League. I've probably put 50 into NBA2K16. Not to mention numerous smaller indie titles that I completed and enjoyed that I probably never would have looked at other wise.

I understand why people would be/will be upset. But overall I still really enjoy the service.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
People freaking out over one less trip to McDonalds.

It's really not THAT bad.
I was about to reply with something snarky, calling this post out for providing zero justification (like Sony gave) for a price hike on a service that's historically functioned poorly and has been aggressively testing the lower limits of what people will tolerate in terms of the "free" games offered which are one of the biggest and unique benefits of the service..

..but now I'm concerned that anyone is spending $20 in one trip on food at McDonalds in 2016.

But yeah, not so bad. In fact, just to prepare myself for it all im gonna throw a 20 out of my car window on the high way to acclimate myself to all the added value I'm anticipating come September.

It was going to happen eventually. If the increased PSN prices weren't foreshadowing it, Sony had been relatively generous on the digital exchange rate since the dollar started tanking.

Indelible

I'am honestly surprised the PS plus price stayed at 49.99 for so long, the amount of deals and free games I have gotten over the last three years has to be well over $1000. My subscription doesn't run out until March next year so I'am still good for awhile.

It was going to happen eventually. If the increased PSN prices weren't foreshadowing it, Sony had been relatively generous on the digital exchange rate since the dollar started tanking.

We've been paying $38 USD for PS+.(You can still do this right now until the 22nd of September).
No tax charged on games bought off PSN.
Frequent price errors that mark items at USD price points without exchange. + no tax.

We have it pretty good. I'm not going to complain.

univbee

What I'm most surprised about is that they warned us in advance. I kept expecting it to be a surprise price correction like what frequently happens with PSN Pre-orders.

Does buying the 12-month cards at Costco (or retail in general) charge additional taxes? Will want to stack a few years.

What I'm most surprised about is that they warned us in advance. I kept expecting it to be a surprise price correction like what frequently happens with PSN Pre-orders.

Does buying the 12-month cards at Costco (or retail in general) charge additional taxes? Will want to stack a few years.

I didn't buy one but put it to checkout and it didn't' calculate tax.

I was not charged tax on Costco's website

Ryne

I'm just glad I only play single player games on my PS4. Not missing anything with not having PS+ that way.

I couldn't justify the original price with the weak game offerings, and with the increase it's a guarantee I won't be buying it without a major MP game out that I want to play (none of which are on the horizon).

Kyolux

Do you need a costco membership to buy online? I don't remember, last time I ordered with them was when I got my car's winter tires.

If yes I'll have to order this week-end when I see my dad.

Do you need a costco membership to buy online? I don't remember, last time I ordered with them was when I got my car's winter tires.

If yes I'll have to order this week-end when I see my dad.

I'm pretty sure it asks you for your membership ID on checkout.

Edit: Hmmm, maybe it depends on what you're buying?

univbee

Hmmm, should I get a lifetime membership?

22PLYhC.png

Or I guess I shouldn't pretend I'm going to live that long. Maybe 15?

kevin1025

Banned
My PS+ expires October 8th. Haha, bad luck on that one.

The plan was to get a new video card and go PC at the end of September. Amazon's unfortunate E3 deal and now this is making the decision that less harder to stick to.

univbee

My PS+ expires October 8th. Haha, bad luck on that one.

The plan was to get a new video card and go PC at the end of September. Amazon's unfortunate E3 deal and now this is making the decision that less harder to stick to.

You can up it whenever, and even stack several years.

Mayyhem

So I ordered 2 Nintendo 2DS w/ Mario Kart for $89.99 each on Best Buy.

I mean you can't go wrong at that price! My GF will be happy about this little surprise gift

Any good deals on 3DS games? Or Must-haves?

kevin1025

Banned
You can up it whenever, and even stack several years.

That's true, but with saving up for the video card I won't have too much funds left, especially when grabbing a few of the previous year's Amazon games. Might have to trade in a couple things and up it that way!

etta

my hard graphic balls
We've been paying $38 USD for PS+.(You can still do this right now until the 22nd of September).
No tax charged on games bought off PSN.
Frequent price errors that mark items at USD price points without exchange. + no tax.

We have it pretty good. I'm not going to complain.
Yea to be fair, credit where credit is due, not having to pay tax on PSN is a really great feature. I wish Xbox Live had that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom