• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

sh1fty

Ordered the 12 month code from Costco.... Got an email saying the "order was received" but haven't received anything else for about 30 mins.

I just remembered that I redeemed that code and it gave me a message like "please look forward to your digital goodies in a few weeks/months" and I don't think I ever received anything after that....

Does that sound familiar to anyone? Would my account have just been credited the $10?

edit-

Here was the message:
"Thank you for attending the 2016 PlayStation E3 Experience. Your digital gifts will be sent to your registered Email in a few weeks."

What gives? I didn't get anything.

You should have gotten a follow-up email with the actual redemption codes.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Anyone know of a place to get Mankind Divided on PC for cheap?

This whole $80 for new games has gotten way old, man.

cdkeys.com had it for $50 last I checked.

josh924

Banned
I noticed that Amazon is selling DOOM for $49.99. I'm not sure if that's a sale price or a lower MSRP, but in any case, it's way cheaper than $79.99.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I noticed that Amazon is selling DOOM for $49.99. I'm not sure if that's a sale price or a lower MSRP, but in any case, it's way cheaper than $79.99.

$40 at SDM this week! Get it, it's ridiculously good, like if the original Doom, Metroid Prime and Bayonetta had a baby.

Banned
Oh it's not really that bad huh? Try saying that while literally everything around you seems to be getting more expensive and yet your stuck making the minimum wage with zero change of ever getting a raise.

Every little increase like that adds up and I'd hardly call something like an extra $20 on the cost "little"

Bad enough that the price of physical games skyrocketed but now Digital is joining the party. At least before buying Digital on psn was generally cheaper to make up for the fact you couldn't resell it after you where done but now that's gone down the tubes.

The irony is that I don't even play multiplayer and most of the ps plus games that we where getting don't interest me or I already own. When we finally get one I think would be cool like Rouge Galaxy or Galak-Z it turns out that once I actually try them they actually suck.

The only reason I bothered getting plus in the first place was because it would like me get some digital only stuff like the Atelier plus games significantly cheaper, enough so that the cost of getting plus was negated.

Now that I've got most of the digital only stuff I wanted their was barely any incentive to get plus again as it WAS at the old price let alone the new one. With the base prices on games being higher now that makes the sale prices higher as well so it'll be very hard to make up that difference
Nailed it.

Prices going up everywhere around me and I'm stuck making a shitty wage in a field of work I didn't study for and nobody is hiring. Smh.

Clive

Capcom Playstation bundle up on Humble:
hkfkepsan.png

Image stolen from the main thread. Prices in USD. $15 came out as $19.92 CAD for me. Edit: link to Humble.

Xenoflare

I checked CDKeys page and it seems like the gold subs are only 5 dollars cheaper loool.

Are the cards usually on sale for places like BB on the holidays?

BTW, The cards are still $60AUD in Aussie land, hopefully it means MS won't increase the price on gold.

went for the BTA tier, might go to $15 towards the end. It's a pretty decent deal. I already have okami, and I got strider and remember me through PS+, but to get that many titles, plus RE 0 and 1 for ps4 is pretty cool.

Kyolux

So what are you guys playing first tonight?

I'm not sure if I want to put some time in King of Fighters before starting Deus Ex or just focus on the latter through the whole evening/night.

(because I assume you all got both)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

I'm not sure if I want to put some time in King of Fighters before starting Deus Ex or just focus on the latter through the whole evening/night.

High hopes and delusions of clearing the backlog

Probably gonna spend all night playing Overwatch anyway (unless the Summer Event ended, in that case I'm out till Season 2 starts)

ElNino

Neither, Madden 17 with my son.

King of Fighters since I'm not a Deus Ex fan.

I will probably gravitate back to No Man's Sky though.

Tapejara

Played the KOF XIV tutorial while I waited for the game to install. I'm so bad at cancels though lol. Loaded up Deus Ex after but there's a 3GB patch that my PS4 is taking forever to download.

BadWolf

Played the KOF XIV tutorial while I waited for the game to install. I'm so bad at cancels though lol.

As in canceling into supers? XIV has a very generous input buffer so make sure to hold the attack button down after you do a special move or super motion.

This will increase the chances of a cancel/special happening by a lot (the motion gets stored for about 5 frames if you hold the button down).

LOL ya just saw that browsing through the PSN store. Bought on Xbox for $20 but was thinking of double dipping on PSN, no fucking way I'm doing that now though

Sorry to say I'm waiting on a sale. Maybe its unfair to the developer, but I also won't pay $79.99 for a game. It's just too much.

I mean, 'Worms: WMD' is $39.99. For a Worms game... in 2016...

Tapejara

As in canceling into supers? XIV has a very generous input buffer so make sure to hold the attack button down after you do a special move or super motion.

This will increase the chances of a cancel/special happening by a lot (the motion gets stored for about 5 frames if you hold the button down).

Ah okay I wasn't holding the attack button. Thanks for the tip!

Bronetta

Sorry to say I'm waiting on a sale. Maybe its unfair to the developer, but I also won't pay $79.99 for a game. It's just too much.

I mean, 'Worms: WMD' is $39.99. For a Worms game... in 2016...

Is that on PS4? Sony really jumped the gun. Its $30 on Steam.

The only reason I bought multiplats on PS4 was because they were a little cheaper most of the time but if Sony is gonna jack the prices this hard, I'm gonna go with Steam from now on for being the cheapest option (Worms WMD is $30 on Steam)

Sitting here going through the final chapter of Trails of Cold Steel instead. I just wanna get this out of the way so I can go all in with Deus Ex. I'll probably pick up KOF sometime later.

zroid

Banned
BTW that Zelda Art book has gotten a price drop at Indigo to $48. Then you can get an additional 15% off with Visa Checkout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom