• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
I'm thinking of just canceling my Pokémon pre-orders at Amazon because I don't want to deal with their shit anymore. They're never going to fix the price.

I'll just buy it at Shoppers and redeem some Optimum points. Pokémon is one game they're guaranteed to stock.

Stage On

People freaking out over one less trip to McDonalds.

It's really not THAT bad.

Oh it's not really that bad huh? Try saying that while literally everything around you seems to be getting more expensive and yet your stuck making the minimum wage with zero change of ever getting a raise.

Every little increase like that adds up and I'd hardly call something like an extra $20 on the cost "little"

Bad enough that the price of physical games skyrocketed but now Digital is joining the party. At least before buying Digital on psn was generally cheaper to make up for the fact you couldn't resell it after you where done but now that's gone down the tubes.

The irony is that I don't even play multiplayer and most of the ps plus games that we where getting don't interest me or I already own. When we finally get one I think would be cool like Rouge Galaxy or Galak-Z it turns out that once I actually try them they actually suck.

The only reason I bothered getting plus in the first place was because it would like me get some digital only stuff like the Atelier plus games significantly cheaper, enough so that the cost of getting plus was negated.

Now that I've got most of the digital only stuff I wanted their was barely any incentive to get plus again as it WAS at the old price let alone the new one. With the base prices on games being higher now that makes the sale prices higher as well so it'll be very hard to make up that difference

Oh it's not really that bad huh? Try saying that while literally everything around you seems to be getting more expensive and yet your stuck making the minimum wage with zero change of ever getting a raise.

Every little increase like that adds up and I'd hardly call something like an extra $20 on the cost "little"

Bad enough that the price of physical games skyrocketed but now Digital is joining the party. At least before buying Digital on psn was generally cheaper to make up for the fact you couldn't resell it after you where done but now that's gone down the tubes.

The irony is that I don't even play multiplayer and most of the ps plus games that we where getting don't interest me or I already own. When we finally get one I think would be cool like Rouge Galaxy or Galak-Z it turns out that once I actually try them they actually suck.

The only reason I bothered getting plus in the first place was because it would like me get some digital only stuff like the Atelier plus games significantly cheaper, enough so that the cost of getting plus was negated.

Now that I've got most of the digital only stuff I wanted their was barely any incentive to get plus again as it WAS at the old price let alone the new one. With the base prices on games being higher now that makes the sale prices higher as well so it'll be very hard to make up that difference

So it doesn't sound like you were subbing in even at the current price so why care about an increase?

Luigi87

As much as the price increase sucks... Our dollar is so bad that we're lucky it isn't going up to $79 CAD when you look at the conversion rate.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm thinking of just canceling my Pokémon pre-orders at Amazon because I don't want to deal with their shit anymore. They're never going to fix the price.

I'll just buy it at Shoppers and redeem some Optimum points. Pokémon is one game they're guaranteed to stock.

I'm buying digital anyways for Pokemon. At likely 500-800 hours of gameplay, it's worth the extra cost for me to have on SD card. Glad I don't have to go through the Amazon headache.

Stage On

So it doesn't sound like you were subbing in even at the current price so why care about an increase?

Well the thing is that I WAS thinking of subbing in again at the current price. Getting it last year in december worked out overall even if I only really used it for the Christmas sale and Golden week for the most part.

But if I want to stay subbed I'm going to have to drop the money to do so months earlier then I had planned now which really ticks me off.

Just got an email from costco... and they've decided to cancel my 2 ps+ cards...

Fuck, you too? I just got that email and wondered if I just entered my info wrong. I got "Unable to Validate the Information Provided" as the reason. Guess it'll get cancelled a second time.

At least I'm subscribed until 2018, but man, that's a lot of PS+ games I'll have to get through between now and then.

bryt

I live in BC but put an Ontario address when I bought the PS+ cards to avoid the tax. Still haven't gotten an email. Hopefully it doesn't get canceled.

Actually, I just double-checked, and the last time I bought Codes2Go cards from Costco ($20 PSN card), the same thing happened: order cancelled, followed by me placing a second order, followed by success. So who knows?

N° 2048

Straight upppp.

Weird question but I'm selling my Xbone on Kijiji tomorrow to put towards a One S. Can I just wipe the entire hard drive on the old console, sign in on my new console and have access to all my games and saves? Or is the process more complex?

Past

Weird question but I'm selling my Xbone on Kijiji tomorrow to put towards a One S. Can I just wipe the entire hard drive on the old console, sign in on my new console and have access to all my games and saves? Or is the process more complex?

Yes, games are tied to your account, not your console. If this was a Nintendo system you would be fucked though, they better fix this with the NX.

Yes, games are tied to your account, not your console. If this was a Nintendo system you would be fucked though, they better fix this with the NX.

Experiences with Nintendo in the past are what make me wary of this stuff lol. I always find it hard to believe the other 2 consoles are so seamless and easy in comparison. Thanks!

Past

Experiences with Nintendo in the past are what make me wary of this stuff lol. I always find it hard to believe the other 2 consoles are so seamless and easy in comparison. Thanks!

about your save files, I believe you'll have to back it up to the cloud or a USB drive though.

Anybody get their costco order cancelled on them? Just got an email stating...

"Cancellation Reason:
Unable to Validate the Information Provided"

What what?

diaspora

I think people are less pissed about the nominal value of PS+ than the fact the price has gone up against essentially static wages while simultaneously offering nothing over what it had at a lower price.

khaaan

I know I'm not the person you're quoting, but there's got to be a cut off point.

Thankfully I'm not hard on cash or anything, I could spend $70 a year or even $70 a month but a price hike reminds you that you're paying something and makes you question the value you're receiving. How much are you willing to spend on plus? Perhaps $70 still seems reasonable to some people but what about $80? It's not that much more than $70 which is only $20 more than what we're paying right now.

I mentioned it earlier and so did the person you're quoting. The PS+ games, and multiplayer has not been fantastic for me but I was subbing because there would occasionally be a sale where I would get a good haul. A price hike (regardless of how small it might be when looking at a yearly sub) was enough for me to stop and reconsider.

zroid

Banned
I'm buying digital anyways for Pokemon. At likely 500-800 hours of gameplay, it's worth the extra cost for me to have on SD card. Glad I don't have to go through the Amazon headache.
I really like to have my physical copies, but yeah... I may just do that this time around

actually I'm going to have a bunch of best buy rewards points because of the games I pre-ordered at E3 so I could use those to buy eShop cards

Hey everyone. So I forgot that Worms comes out tomorrow on Xbox One, so I forgot to pre-order the physical version for the bonuses. What are the odds that all Day One copies will still have the stuff if I walk into the store? Any insight?

Gxgear

Hey everyone. So I forgot that Worms comes out tomorrow on Xbox One, so I forgot to pre-order the physical version for the bonuses. What are the odds that all Day One copies will still have the stuff if I walk into the store? Any insight?

If it's a Day One SKU then you'll get it, if it's preorder bonus as a code then maybe not unless you get it from EB and ask for it. Can try as well with Best Buy still listed online as preorder, if you don't get it customer service should be able to help.

I just added a year with a purchase through PSN. Then just for fun I signed up for the Shaw promotion for 150Mbps internet for 2 years at $79.90/month.

Well I tried placing another order with costco. We'll see what happens.

Just got the code for my second order, so it looks like it was just a glitch on Costco's end. If anyone else got a cancellation email, maybe try now?

er I mean don't try now it's doomed to end in failure I guess they ran out of codes
TIME TO HOARD ALL THE PS+ CODES HAHAHAHA

zroid

Banned
Seems like this PS+ price bump was a brilliant strategy by Sony to get tons of people to commit multiple years in advance to their service, and get a bunch of money upfront in the process

Lexxism

Seems like this PS+ price bump was a brilliant strategy by Sony to get tons of people to commit multiple years in advance to their service, and get a bunch of money upfront in the process
lol yeah. That's why they mentioned it will start on Sept instead of yesterday.

Magnus

Just remembered I got $10 in PSN credit from the Playstation Experience. I guess I'll use that, though I might only re-sub for one year.

I just remembered that I redeemed that code and it gave me a message like "please look forward to your digital goodies in a few weeks/months" and I don't think I ever received anything after that....

Does that sound familiar to anyone? Would my account have just been credited the $10?

edit-

Here was the message:
"Thank you for attending the 2016 PlayStation E3 Experience. Your digital gifts will be sent to your registered Email in a few weeks."

What gives? I didn't get anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom