• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

is there a free shipping coupon for video games plus? First time buying from them and I find it odd that it isn't an option for a $100 order.

They're not a very big operation per se, so they don't offer free shipping (outside the Christmas season), so they offer flat shipping rates (albeit they have more shipping options available now than they used to).

Looks like my Amazon order for No Man's Sky still applies. The link on the order goes to the product page just fine now. I almost removed it a few week ago thinking it would probably be a digital-only release. Good thing I didn't, saves me almost $35.

Tapejara

Ontario/QuebecGAF: do any of you have Zazeen TV? We're thinking of switching to it, but I can't find any recent impressions of the service. We're already with Distributel for Internet, and I've had a positive experience with them, but I don't want to switch if the picture quality is going to be crap.

The other alternative is Bell Fibe, which is more expensive but you kind of know what you're getting.

diaspora

No Man's Sky PC (Steam): $66.50 CAD
No Man's Sky PC (GOG): $60.00 USD = $80.00 CAD
No Man's Sky PS4 (Amazon): $80.00 CAD +Tax
No Man's Sky PS4 (PSN): $80.00

This accurate?

killroy87

You guys see the size of that Bravely Second art book in the Nintendo Direct? It's huge. Doesn't totally justify the insane price, but now it makes slightly more sense.

zroid

Banned
You guys see the size of that Bravely Second art book in the Nintendo Direct? It's huge. Doesn't totally justify the insane price, but now it makes slightly more sense.
only problem with the price is the bizarre 170% exchange rate

the US price is totally fair

It does look pretty good...

And will that starfox "boxset" be the only retail sku available?

SickBoy

No Man's Sky PC (Steam): $66.50 CAD
No Man's Sky PC (GOG): $60.00 USD = $80.00 CAD
No Man's Sky PS4 (Amazon): $80.00 CAD +Tax
No Man's Sky PS4 (PSN): $80.00

This accurate?

Theoretically you should be able to get it for a fair bit cheaper if you wait to E3 to order it via Best Buy or Amazon -- assuming they have some sort of preorder sale.

If Amazon runs 30% off again, that would make the game $56+tax

diaspora

Theoretically you should be able to get it for a fair bit cheaper if you wait to E3 to order it via Best Buy or Amazon -- assuming they have some sort of preorder sale.

If Amazon runs 30% off again, that would make the game $56+tax

That'd at best make the game $63 after HST for the PS4 version which IMO isn't as alluring as $66 on PC, but it's better than $80 at least.

MarkusRJR

BTW, fuck Toys R Us's online store. Free shipping is broken and they literally tossed everything in a huge box and had zero padding or packing paper. Everything was banged up and damaged. Does anyone know if they can replace things at a store?

tiijj

BTW, fuck Toys R Us's online store. Free shipping is broken and they literally tossed everything in a huge box and had zero padding or packing paper. Everything was banged up and damaged. Does anyone know if they can replace things at a store?

Yeah, they were pretty bad. I remember last year I ordered some amiibo and they just threw it inside a box without any padding as well. I got the same template email.

Thank you for contacting Toys“R”Us. I'm sorry if your package was damaged due to packing issue. Unfortunately, I am unable to determine without viewing the item . I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I suggest returning the item to your local store or back to our warehouse for a refund. If you would like to return the item to your local store, please bring a copy of your email confirmation and your packing slip with you to the store to ensure you are refunded the full item amount.

If you would rather return the item to our warehouse, we would be happy to issue a prepaid return label via email that will allow you to drop the item off at your local Purolator office. Please respond to this email if you would like to take advantage of this option so that we can arrange for the label to be sent.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to call us at the number listed below or just respond to this email. Thank you again for contacting Toys“R”Us. We value your business and look forward to serving you in the future!

My copy of The Division for Xbox just shipped, but I decided I'm going to get the PC version. Anyone in the GTA interested in buying it for $80 flat? Save the tax!

Flare

Is it usual for Best Buy to ship the day before release and for the game to arrive on Monday (if it's a Friday release anyway). It's happened twice with Fates and now TP.

MarkusRJR

Yeah, they were pretty bad. I remember last year I ordered some amiibo and they just threw it inside a box without any padding as well. I got the same template email.
Doesn't really mention exchanges but I assume it'll work as long as there is some in stock. If not, I'll just refund and get it off Amazon. Never buying from Toys R Us online anymore at least. Well unless it's something that won't get easily damaged

Like seriously, how does an online store not ship things with any form of shipping protection. So dumb.

Robert807

Yeah I got bestbuy shipping notice for the division.
On my bill it says I got got a discount of 30 $ but I was still billed for the full price.
Has this happend to anyone else ? .

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh well. lol

Yeah I got bestbuy shipping notice for the division.
On my bill it says I got got a discount of 30 $ but I was still billed for the full price.
Has this happend to anyone else ? .
If you called in for a discount, then the credit is applied a few days later.

FrsDvl

Anyone know where Apple ships from? Placed an order an hour ago, and it's already being prepared for shipment, do they ship from China or something?

SRG01

Not sure if this is the place for Canadian PC prices talk, but there have been a lot of SSD sales recently... but with TLC NAND instead of MLC NAND. Is it worth the small price discount or should I just wait until the other MLC NAND models come down in price?

I keep hearing horror stories about TLC NAND sequential write being slower than mechanical hard drives :/

Fularu

Banned
So a few days ago I ordered a Logitech G910 Orion Spark mechanical keyboard from amazon.ca.

The Keyboard is supposed to come with a The Division game voucher but it was missing.

So I take it to Amazon.ca CSR to see if they can either send me a code or send me a new unit with a code in it (I believe the codes are included in the box).

The CSR starts a return process but then this happens :

xABa4mk.jpg

Now I'm confused... Does it really mean they're sending me a second Keyboard free of charge? This can't be right,

Sealtest

So a few days ago I ordered a Logitech G910 Orion Spark mechanical keyboard from amazon.ca.

The Keyboard is supposed to come with a The Division game voucher but it was missing.

So I take it to Amazon.ca CSR to see if they can either send me a code or send me a new unit with a code in it (I believe the codes are included in the box).

Now I'm confused... Does it really mean they're sending me a second Keyboard free of charge? This can't be right,

If your interested in selling either one lemme know maybe we can work something out.

Gratz btw and yes they are. My friend gets this lucky all the time.

Luigi87

Hm, Canada Post has my TPHD est. delivery for Monday... hope that changes tomorrow morning...

It's not that I need Twilight Princess HD tomorrow, but I would like Twilight Princess HD tomorrow...

Of course if I don't get it, oh well. I've got Fire Emblem to play, and a cosplay to work on.
... oh and work at my job too I guess...

Also, anyone take a look at the SNES VC on n3DS?
$11.29 for games (I imagine Earthbound will be $12.29...)

$7.99 USD, which means at the moment (assuming we don't drop again) they're priced higher than the conversion.

Sealtest

$7.99 USD, which means at the moment (assuming we don't drop again) they're priced higher than the conversion.

Yup.. I mentioned this in the big thread and it was just overlooked. It's always Nintendo stuff overpriced.

Guess we need to just start complaining about it more because there is no excuse to charge that much over conversion for something digital.

Sora_N

Something similar but different happened for me last year, for Stella Glow.

They sent a replacement but some weird stuff happened, and it got sent back to the courier. The CSR already refunded my payment so once they sorted out the copy that was sent back to the courier it said the return item is received. I already got my money back and I still had the first copy on hand, so lol.

zroid

Banned

oof... and they're still all $7.99 on Wii U, right? yet another reason to ignore the n3DS versions...

I ordered The Division from Amazon and got free basic shipping it says
Arriving 17 Mar - 24 Mar
How accurate is that? Im in Hamilton so I normally get shipments form Amazon quite fast but I dont know.

Id considering just waking into Gamestop and paying the $10 more then Amazon to buy it if Im not going to get it on Tuesday.

ElNino

Anyone know where Apple ships from? Placed an order an hour ago, and it's already being prepared for shipment, do they ship from China or something?
Depends on what you order I think.

I've had iPods come from China I believe, but the MBP I ordered in November came from California. Pretty sure I got it in two days.

No_Style

Week of Mar 4 - 10 Round-up is live - http://gamedealscanada.com/deals

Not sure if this is the place for Canadian PC prices talk, but there have been a lot of SSD sales recently... but with TLC NAND instead of MLC NAND. Is it worth the small price discount or should I just wait until the other MLC NAND models come down in price?

I keep hearing horror stories about TLC NAND sequential write being slower than mechanical hard drives :/

It's not as simple as NAND type. What SSDs are you looking at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom