• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
80$ was an absurd price.

The first one was a budget title at 40$ and now it's: full price game + weak dollar = twice the cost of the first one...

I definitely agree with you there. I had a lot of fun with the first game, but a full price game for the sequel felt a little dicey. They should have just released it at the same price as the first game.

khaaan

Skimmed through the EB Games flyer, here's what popped out to me:

Borderlands Pre-sequel $10
Evolve $10
Buy 2 Get 1 Used

ys45

So we are back to how it was 10 + or so years ago, collector edition are no longer available in Canada and the price sucks .

Just fucking great .

farisr

Man, everytime I see the regular price these days when I log onto the PSN store or am just browsing amazon or something, I kind of feel like I've made a mistake cancelling preorders for certain games, even though I cancelled those preorders because I wasn't interested.

Gitaroo

Sony have a lot of bomba LE on last gen, like almost all the Resistance 2, Killzone 3 LE sat on the shelves unsold. Probably what threw them off.

TheWorst

Sony have a lot of bomba LE on last gen, like almost all the Resistance 2, Killzone 3 LE sat on the shelves unsold. Probably what threw them off.

In that case, why not just limit the quantities they release here? That's a lot better than none.

Let's start pressing Sony about this now, people. There's still quite a bit of time before the release date.

Yeah, any of those big statue editions shipped in big numbers tend to sit on shelves.

The sweet spot for LE's is just a $79.99 USD priced package with an artbook and some digital perks.

Agreed. Infamous. Bloodborne. Uncharted 4. All great LE packages

In that case, why not just limit the quantities they release here? That's a lot better than none.

Let's start pressing Sony about this now, people. There's still quite a bit of time before the release date.

Who would we even talk to? Do they have a public face for production stuff?

Max_Po

Banned
So many Pokemon 3DS bundles on Kijiji. Outrageous prices. Amazon's sellers are even worse.

It's ridiculous

Well you do realize that Amazon and eBay sellers have to pay a 10 to 15% commission to ebay/Amazon as well.

I pre ordered one from EBGames and I got both TN Panels. Just returned it last night to the Vaughn EBgames, you can try your luck there if you are in Toronto.

khaaan

Welp, I have on Twilight Princess HD scheduled to be delivered today and one for Monday, both with the wrong address. Tried getting Best Buy to fix it and they said they couldn't, tried getting Canada Post to fix it and they said they couldn't.

Hoping the address doesn't exist or that the delivery person notices the postal code.

Luigi87

This seems to be specific to Sony.

Has any third party done this?

Just Sony from what I've seen. The special edition of MLB The Show last year wasn't here either and that's first party. Costed me almost $140 after shipping/exchange rate to import a copy

And let's not forget that Sony didn't bother to make any deals for physical release of Gravity Rush Remastered in Canada either.

Welp, I have on Twilight Princess HD scheduled to be delivered today and one for Monday, both with the wrong address. Tried getting Best Buy to fix it and they said they couldn't, tried getting Canada Post to fix it and they said they couldn't.

Hoping the address doesn't exist or that the delivery person notices the postal code.

How wrong is the address?
If the postal code is correct then that should help greatly, as that is how mail is sorted for delivery.

And let's not forget that Sony didn't bother to make any deals for physical release of Gravity Rush Remastered in Canada either.

Yup. Had to import that also. Forgot about that one. How fucking hard is it to just throw some copies on trucks and drive them across the border? I don't get it

TheWorst

I don't know. Shuhei, the PS Canada Twitter account, anybody that might forward the feedback to the people in charge of this. Probably won't work, but worth a shot.

It sucks that we miss out on alot but our dollar fucking sucks and population wise we are a very small country. I think the only reason we have what we have today is we share a boarder with USA.

Just wondering guys, how long do you think an item from Manitoba to Ontario should take to get to its destination? It's been a little over a week and I'm getting concerned...

Gitaroo

exactly, I want to start a complain but dunno where to take it.Tweeting Shu might be a good start but I don't think there is much he can do. What they could have done is make them online retailers exclusive if local retailers aren't willing to take them. And only ship preorder numbers + 5% extra. That will cut down the overstock issue significantly. My preorder for U4 with the figure will cost me almost 200 bucks importing from Amazon.com...

I tweeted the PS Canada account as well as Adam Boyes, I know he's third party productions but he's Canadian and I figure he can maybe talk to someone about it.

I don't think tweeting Shu will do anything as he is just WWS and he probably has a huge volume of messages constantly coming at him, youre more likely to have success reaching less visible folks

khaaan

How wrong is the address?
If the postal code is correct then that should help greatly, as that is how mail is sorted for delivery.

My address is 1234 Fake Street, Unit 1111
The address on the order is 1235 Fake Street, Unit 1111

Google Maps tells me 1235 Fake Street is the intersection on the corner of the complex I live in.The postal code is correct and I'm a little hopeful because the order that had Twilight Princess had Trails of Cold Steel which was shipped to me correctly. *fingers crossed*

mdubs

Banned
Yup. Had to import that also. Forgot about that one. How fucking hard is it to just throw some copies on trucks and drive them across the border? I don't get it

Shhhh, don't let the Americans know otherwise they will call you entitled for wanting the same stuff as them.

In terms of its treatment of Canadians, Sony is by far the worst out of the major gaming companies

killroy87

To be fair, all these decisions probably come from a ton of market research that proves the cost of bringing it out here (which, with having to create french packaging and what not, actually is more complicated than just mailing a few copies over the border) just isn't worth it.

It sucks I agree, but I'm sure it isn't just ignorance or spite. The return on investment probably just doesn't add up.

I have no interest in no man's sky(sick box art though!) but the LE is really nice-looking and should even be the regular first-print sku IMO.

I really hope that sony will at least change their mind and end up releasing it up here too...yet 80$ for the regular edition is already steep enough as it is(no hate on nms, 80$ is too high for most games), so a 100$+ package may have seemed to much for them.

They simply made their choice to not release everything here since our weak dollar would make their more expensive items a hard sell since they would most likely be perceived as "too" expensive. It's not as simple as sending a truck across the border...

Anyway, I hope you guys end up getting what you want.

I have no interest in no man's sky(sick box art though!) but the LE is really nice-looking and should even be the regular first-print sku IMO.

I really hope that sony will at least change their mind and end up releasing it up here too...yet 80$ for the regular edition is already steep enough as it is(no hate on nms, 80$ is too high for most games), so a 100$+ package may have seemed to much for them.

They simply made their choice to not release everything here since our weak dollar would make their more expensive items a hard sell since they would most likely be perceived as "too" expensive. It's not as simple as sending a truck across the border...

Anyway, I hope you guys end up getting what you want.

Sorry, yeah, I know it's more complicated than that. It's just frustrating.

Just wondering guys, how long do you think an item from Manitoba to Ontario should take to get to its destination? It's been a little over a week and I'm getting concerned...

What service is it shipped with? Is it something with a release date? Are you in a rural area or close to the warehouse?

Varshes

Good thing I ordered an LE from amazon yesterday, my new rule with these LEs, preorder first from US, wait until you hear something (or nothing) from Canadian retailer. Though I did notice, the No Man's Sky LE would not ship to Canada, whereas in the past, I could have this kind of thing shipped to Canada.

Suggestion: consult with a local independent game store. If there's enough interest, maybe they can import on your behalf (or at least, contact their own distributor).

I know on the retro side and the JP imports side (back in the PS3/x360 era), this happens.

Enilced2

So what is the over/under that Best Buy actually changes all of our pre-orders of SMTxFE into pre-orders for Tokyo Mirage Session?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom