• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW "DEAL"

Welp this is a rather sad new "deal" to post, but anyone who hasn't pre-ordered Rachet and Clank PS4 already and wants to pick it up day one several stores (BestBuy, Ebgames, VGPlus) are showing the game for $49.99 instead of the original $39.99.

If want you it for $39.99 these two places seem to be the only ones still selling it at that price:

PSN Store

Amazon

I'd suggest buying it before they raise the price.

khaaan

baaah, Twilight Princess HD snuck up on me. I ordered it twice, once during the 30% off deal and once after because I wasn't sure whether that deal was applicable. Anyways, I called Best Buy and tried to cancel one of them and they said my card was already charged and I'll have to return in store :(

On the plus side, at least I'll probably get it this week.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
NEW "DEAL"

Welp this is a rather sad new "deal" to post, but anyone who hasn't pre-ordered Rachet and Clank PS4 already and wants to pick it up day one several stores (BestBuy, Ebgames, VGPlus) are showing the game for $49.99 instead of the original $39.99.

If want you it for $39.99 these two places seem to be the only ones still selling it at that price:

PSN Store

Amazon

I got a feeling that they're going to bomba this game in a couple of months anyway on some random sale.

i-Jest

Me! I actually played it at PSX with the VR headset. It was really cool.

Yes! Can't wait. I seem to remember that it is a new port that will support VR, but VR won't be a necessity. Hoping that's the case, as I probably won't have a VR headset at launch :)

I gotta get my PS3 repaired so I can do another run through. GAWD VR is gonna break my wallet. To my shame I still haven't picked up Child of Eden yet.

KarmaCow

Probably late to this but Anti-Deal?

Superhot is $35 CAD on Steam when $25 USD is ~$33 CAD. I hope other devs don't try to anticipate the dollar crashing and price for the future. The dollar has been actually going up too. :(

Superhot is $35 CAD on Steam when $25 USD is ~$33 CAD. I hope other devs don't try to anticipate the dollar crashing and price for the future. The dollar has been actually going up too. :(

it might not have been the nicest thing to do, but i bought it from nuuvem for $9 or so dollars US after seeing the price on steam. I can understand that they wanted to charge $25 or so for the game, but to charge above the rate after conversion didn't sit well with me.

khaaan

Fffffuuuuuuuuuucccckkkkkk, crap, crap, crap.

I put the wrong address for my Twilight Princess HD order ;_;

I don't know how it happened but that's what it is. The weird thing is that I have an order with Trails of Cold Steel with the incorrect address but I got that shipped just fine. Something must have happened between those two points, ugh. The rep on the phone said that in the best case scenario the address doesn't exist, the item gets returned to BB and I get a refund...but that probably means no $55 Twilight Princess. Is there any way to check if an address exists? I don't think/I'm praying the address I put in isn't real. Google Maps puts it across the street but I don't think the unit number is there.

*sigh* Maybe I'll walk through the neighbourhood tomorrow and if I find that it exists, I'll ask the owners to not be jerks.

baconcow

Fffffuuuuuuuuuucccckkkkkk, crap, crap, crap.

I put the wrong address for my Twilight Princess HD order ;_;

I don't know how it happened but that's what it is. The weird thing is that I have an order with Trails of Cold Steel with the incorrect address but I got that shipped just fine. Something must have happened between those two points, ugh. The rep on the phone said that in the best case scenario the address doesn't exist, the item gets returned to BB and I get a refund...but that probably means no $55 Twilight Princess. Is there any way to check if an address exists? I don't think/I'm praying the address I put in isn't real. Google Maps puts it across the street but I don't think the unit number is there.

*sigh* Maybe I'll walk through the neighbourhood tomorrow and if I find that it exists, I'll ask the owners to not be jerks.

Try calling Canada Post/UPS/whatever and explain the situation. You'll likely need a piece of ID or two and some recent mail with your current address. They might be able to intercept the mail before it gets returned to sender.

Mimosa97

NEW "DEAL"

PSN Store

Amazon

How hard is it to cancel your pre-order on the PSN store ?

I never pre-order games and usually wait for sales but I'm a huge R&C fan so I really want to play it day one. Might change my mind though so I need to be able to cancel it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How hard is it to cancel your pre-order on the PSN store ?

I never pre-order games and usually wait for sales but I'm a huge R&C fan so I really want to play it day one. Might change my mind though so I need to be able to cancel it.
If you complain enough you can get your money back, but they'll make a big deal about it being a one time thing etc etc.

Reddaye

Banned
My copy of TP HD may actually get to me tomorrow, or by release day. Thats pretty amazing for someone living in a fairly rural area in Atlantic Canada. Stuff NEVER gets to me by release day.

slighty off topic here but does/did anyone collect the mcfarlane game of thrones building block sets/blind bags on here? I managed to grab quite a few about 2 months ago and have not seen a single one again since and was hoping to find more as im only missing one figure :/

This overpricing is pretty much standard right now. Like you said, it has a lot to do with the dollar going up. Maybe Steam will eventually adjust for exchange.

NEW "DEAL"

PSN Store

Amazon

Very helpful, thank you. Previews look good.

khaaan

Try calling Canada Post/UPS/whatever and explain the situation. You'll likely need a piece of ID or two and some recent mail with your current address. They might be able to intercept the mail before it gets returned to sender.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

I asked on the phone when I was with the Best Buy rep and they said I could try but often times Canada Post will redirect to Best Buy and Best Buy can't really do anything. My address is like 789-1234 NotReal Street and I accidentally put in 789-1235 NotReal Street so there's a chance it's just going to the apartment over which is under the same management so I'll try giving them a call too.

Moltenix

Anyone know how EB Games handles trade-in bonus credit on preorders?

Got $30 regular TIV + $20 bonus for trading toward The Division and Quantum Break XB1 preorders last month. If I were to cancel them, do they get rid of the $20 bonus? Or do I get to keep the full $50?

killroy87

Got $30 regular TIV + $20 bonus for trading toward The Division and Quantum Break XB1 preorders last month. If I were to cancel them, do they get rid of the $20 bonus? Or do I get to keep the full $50?

They say you'll lose the credit, but to be honest it's never actually happened to me. If you're super worried, just pick up the game and exchange it the next day unopened towards something else.

ElNino

Not sure if you can cancel the pre-order and keep the bonus, but I was able to move it to a different game. I pre-ordered The Division and got the $20 bonus, but decided not to get the game after playing the Beta. I moved my pre-order to MLB 16 and it applied the full credit.

Good thing I already have No Man's Sky pre-ordered during the last E3 discount promotion.

I did the same, it's still listed under My Orders but when I click it, it goes to a page saying "We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site". When NMS gets relisted will our orders still be valid??

I did the same, it's still listed under My Orders but when I click it, it goes to a page saying "We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site". When NMS gets relisted will our orders still be valid??

I think if the orders are not valid anymore we can easily ask support to honor the price. 79.99-30%!

I pre-ordered it on PSN. Even with the 30% off, a $79.99 game plus taxes and shipping will still be around $60, and this is the type of game that would be nice to keep on your system, .

killroy87

I pre-ordered it on PSN. Even with the 30% off, a $79.99 game plus taxes and shipping will still be around $60, and this is the type of game that would be nice to keep on your system, .

Yeah, but saying no to this box art is a crime
25361261661_3aaa8a761ftunk.jpg

No Man's Sky doesn't look to be for me, but it definitely has beautiful box art!

I'll borrow it from the library to give it a shot, but it's not blind buy material for me.

Khilandros

No Man's Sky is $66.49 CAN on Steam..?? I was expecting the crazy dollar conversion, but this has got me baffled, I will be buying it, but I feel like they messed up somehow?

Sealtest

is there a free shipping coupon for video games plus? First time buying from them and I find it odd that it isn't an option for a $100 order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom