• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best Buy sure shipped The Division early. My PS4 copy arrived this morning. Of course, this is the one time a game comes early for me and it's also the one time that I won't be able to play it until next week anyway.

*eyeroll* Of course they had to try to eek out that $5 extra.

Sounds dumb but that almost pushes me toward skipping this. $65 + tax for a single hd remaster sure is a lot.

Same thing happened to me when I got sticker shock last week over Pokemon red/blue/yellow being $12-13.

Yeah I decided to skip the Pokemon game because 13$+tx is way too much for it imo. 7.99$+tx would have been my price.

Since the price hike, has anyone else been holding off on picking up games? I'm at a point where it doesn't seem worth picking up games on launch day, especially with all the bugs and issues they typically launch with. I've skipped Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 due to the price alone, and will probably sit on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Uncharted 4 too.

The only game I'm considering picking up this month is TrackMania: Turbo due to the cheaper price tag, and that has the problem of being tied to uPlay (not to harp on, but it seriously is one of Rainbow Six: Siege's biggest issues).

Sora_N

Best Buy sure shipped The Division early. My PS4 copy arrived this morning. Of course, this is the one time a game comes early for me and it's also the one time that I won't be able to play it until next week anyway.

This happened for FE Fates but I played it anyways...lol.

killroy87

Lucky! Sucks that they aren't turning servers on until next week.

chrono01

"Dear BestBuy,

Thank you for shipping my Twilight Princess HD w/ Wolf Link Amiibo in an over-sized garbage bag/flimsy "bubble" envelope. I'd also like to thank the person who thought using the package/box as something to sit/rest comfortably on. Next time, just wrap it in plastic wrap and send it along, nothing else required.

Best regards,
chrono01"

But seriously, I received my TP:HD in the mail today and was shocked to see it not ship in a box. Thankfully, it wasn't damaged too badly, but even still. Given the packing situation, it could have been a lot worse, I was just lucky in this case. When will they start shipping these kinds of things in boxes, already? :/

DJ_Lae

Yeah, mine came this afternoon in a bubble mailer and looked like someone sat on it. Box and the amiibo box inside were completely scrunched on one side.

I mean, I'm opening it and I got a hefty discount so I don't really care, but that's still pretty bad.

Mine shipped in a box from Best Buy, and I received it at 9:27 am Thursday morning, so I was pretty happy. First time I got a new release game the day before. I also got Return to Popolocrois this week from Best Buy, and that came on release day.

etta

my hard graphic balls
CAD is at 0.75 USD!!!
Holy crap are things starting to improve? News says it's due to new American jobs leading to more Canadian exports.
Hopefully it gets to 0.80-0.85 by E3, especially with new hardware coming in (NX, new/slim Xbox, slim PS4).

killroy87

CAD is at 0.75 USD!!!
Holy crap are things starting to improve? News says it's due to new American jobs leading to more Canadian exports.
Hopefully it gets to 0.80-0.85 by E3, especially with new hardware coming in (NX, new/slim Xbox, slim PS4).

It'll need to happen fast, as there's usually a pretty decent gap between the dollar improving and game prices changing.

chrono01

Mine actually shipped in a box. I think it depends on the one who packed it.

Mine was also in a full cardboard box.

Mine shipped in a box from Best Buy, and I received it at 9:27 am Thursday morning, so I was pretty happy. First time I got a new release game the day before. I also got Return to Popolocrois this week from Best Buy, and that came on release day.
Man, you guys were lucky. I wish the same happened to me.

Yeah, mine came this afternoon in a bubble mailer and looked like someone sat on it. Box and the amiibo box inside were completely scrunched on one side.

I mean, I'm opening it and I got a hefty discount so I don't really care, but that's still pretty bad.
Yeah, it's definitely disappointing. I might try sending them an email next time to see if they can out a note on my order, asking to be shipped in a box. For standard games, I don't mind a bubble mailer, but when it's a SE/LE in a special box, I need it shipped in cardboard.

CAD is at 0.75 USD!!!

Is the CAD actually improving or is the USD weakening? I'm not informed enough to know which is the case

farisr

I thought I had cancelled all my Twilight Princess HD orders but looks like one made it through. (thought I had 2 but apparently I had 3)

Anyone want it for $70 flat and can pick it up from Toronto east-end/Pickering area? PM me.

I thought I had cancelled all my Twilight Princess HD orders but looks like one made it through. (thought I had 2 but apparently I had 3)

Anyone want it for $70 flat and can pick it up from Toronto east-end/Pickering area? PM me.

I also got an extra one I forgot I jumped on. If no one wants it I'll return it to bb.

Located in Whitby/East end as well

Lexxism

CAD is at 0.75 USD!!!
I don't know when is the next one but I hope the BOC will not lower the interest rate. The dollar has been doing well since the interest rate stayed at 0.50 instead of lowering to 0.25.

Sora_N

Better than me. I had 3 copies shipped to me yesterday lol.

I thought I made only 3 orders but I actually made 4 and only cancelled one. I only need 2 copies. One for a friend.

tiijj

Better than me. I had 3 copies shipped to me yesterday lol.

I thought I made only 3 orders but I actually made 4 and only cancelled one. I only need 2 copies. One for a friend.

Reminds me of the SF V CE I pre-ordered, I cancelled all of my PS4 pre-ordered but I forgot about the SFV from BB. I only learned about it when I got an email on release day saying that they were having problems getting a copy but they are working to get it to me or something. I was like, I forgot about this. I emailed them immediately saying that I was disappointed and I was looking forward to it, I firmly said that I wanna cancel it. I received a reply saying that they can't cancel it and I got the shipping confirmation the next day.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The weird thing is that I never got a TP shipping notice. I don't really care since I can take it or leave it with the game, but it's strange that I would get the Division shipping before TP considering the release dates. lol

Any updates on when/where No Man's Sky LE can be pre-ordered? Wasn't available at EB Games the other day.

From what I'm reading, the US is the only option for us. GameStop.com stil has their preorders available of you don't mind the conversion rate. At least our dollar is going back up!

Right?

:(

CAD is at 0.75 USD!!!

At least with games from Amazon, they automatically lower the price on your order if the game price goes down.

Spike

Since the price hike, has anyone else been holding off on picking up games? I'm at a point where it doesn't seem worth picking up games on launch day, especially with all the bugs and issues they typically launch with. I've skipped Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 due to the price alone, and will probably sit on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Uncharted 4 too.

The only game I'm considering picking up this month is TrackMania: Turbo due to the cheaper price tag, and that has the problem of being tied to uPlay (not to harp on, but it seriously is one of Rainbow Six: Siege's biggest issues).

My situation is that I'm having a hard enough time just paying the bills and putting food on the table for my little brother. Cannot afford anything else, so I live vicariously through gaffers' impressions.

Thankfully my neighbour lets me use his wifi signal to come on here a couple of times and check my email and browse a little. We are in a bad way. :(

Not being able to enjoy FE:Fates and Paper Jam is killing me. Then you have Pokken/Zelda:TP+HWL/StarFox Zero coming out in succession. I'm probably just going to watch some Youtube Let's Play videos. Oh well, maybe some day our luck will turn around.

ahdurian

it's beautiful

c228bcde-cbbc-4160-b53e-1a6962f4b866_zpsduj95eiu.jpg

Big Chungus

"Dear BestBuy,

Thank you for shipping my Twilight Princess HD w/ Wolf Link Amiibo in an over-sized garbage bag/flimsy "bubble" envelope. I'd also like to thank the person who thought using the package/box as something to sit/rest comfortably on. Next time, just wrap it in plastic wrap and send it along, nothing else required.

Best regards,
chrono01"

But seriously, I received my TP:HD in the mail today and was shocked to see it not ship in a box. Thankfully, it wasn't damaged too badly, but even still. Given the packing situation, it could have been a lot worse, I was just lucky in this case. When will they start shipping these kinds of things in boxes, already? :/

pics?

Stage On

I've found that I've been buying a lot less, skipping over games I really want like Project Cross Zone 2 which I had preorderd but canceld and simply not ordering a lot of B tier stuff like Nights of Azure.

It was one thing to get that type of game when it was still $60 and you could get 30% off for preordering during e3 an another thing entirely when it's $85 since even with the 30% discount it's still too bloody expensive

Same with handhelds, It was one thing when they where only $40 but being $50 or even $60 in some cases is too much to swallow on a regulare bases. Some people might say "Oh it's only an extra $10" but it's not since that's not factoing in the extra tax you'll be paying at the higher price point and how quick the costs add up

My situation is that I'm having a hard enough time just paying the bills and putting food on the table for my little brother. Cannot afford anything else, so I live vicariously through gaffers' impressions.

Thankfully my neighbour lets me use his wifi signal to come on here a couple of times and check my email and browse a little. We are in a bad way. :(

Not being able to enjoy FE:Fates and Paper Jam is killing me. Then you have Pokken/Zelda:TP+HWL/StarFox Zero coming out in succession. I'm probably just going to watch some Youtube Let's Play videos. Oh well, maybe some day our luck will turn around.

Sorry to hear that it's hitting you so hard. Hopefully things will improve in due time.

Well, I found a Pokemon N3DS at a retail store tonight. However, it's not mine. At least, not yet.

I stopped at EB Games while I was out tonight, just to see what they had and to see if they maybe, somehow, had one of those. And they did, in the hold drawer. Someone had pre-ordered it with $5 down (they said it should have been $50), but hadn't picked it up.

The manager tried to call one of her employees, who had dealt with the customer or something, but he wasn't picking up. She didn't know if calls had gone out about that system, for pre-orderers, so she wasn't willing to sell it to me right away. So, she called the guy, left a message and is giving him 48 hours to come buy it. If it doesn't sell to him by close Sunday, it's mine.

Sorry to hear. Hopefully things will turn around soon.

Eoyote

Neo Member
I'm assuming the people who had it shipped in a bubble mailer had it come from their BC warehouse while those of us who got it in a box got it from Brampton Ontario.

Sounds about right. Mine came from BC as well in a bubble mailer. No harm done though as I don't collect boxes. Into the recycle bin it went!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom