• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sealtest

Yes it is, but so is the Chapters one which you can stack with coupon code WELAUG10 for an additional 10% off orders of $50 or more.

How is chapters with updating orders on price drops? I might just preorder a book which I know is incorrectly priced atm using the discount codes.

Banned
Going digital on PS4 and Xbox One was a mistake with this Canadian dollar. Jesus Christ. At least PSN doesn't charge tax.

Quick

Banned
Going digital on PS4 and Xbox One was a mistake with this Canadian dollar. Jesus Christ. At least PSN doesn't charge tax.

I briefly tried going digital back when prices were on par with the US, but it just isn't worth it especially right now.

I can buy physical and trade it in, use that money for more games. It's been a great system for me. Plus, Amazon's E3 deals. Haven't paid full retail price for a lot of games in ages.

Stage On

How is chapters with updating orders on price drops? I might just preorder a book which I know is incorrectly priced atm using the discount codes.

Not as great as Amazon but still ok.

Last time I had a book on order price drop before release I called them to adjust it myself with no issue. The funny thing is they told me that apparently it would have been adjusted anyhow upon shipping.

The problem is that it doesn't seem to automatically adjust right away on it's own within a day or two like Amazon does which is why I ended up calling them in the first place.

Yes it is, but so is the Chapters one which you can stack with coupon code WELAUG10 for an additional 10% off orders of $50 or more.

Thanks

I don't plan to spend that much, and the books aren't available through Chapters. I appreciate the heads-up, though.

What's the Amazon code again?

lupinko

How does PS+ work on PS4 anyway? Like if I buy PS+ one account, can another account on the same console use the cloud save and online play?

Clive

Did anyone pre-order Paper Mario for the Wii U on Amazon during E3? I saw that the price has dropped from $89.99 to $74.99 but my order is such a mess that I can't figure out if the discount is still there or if they dropped it altogether. I only ordered it because I figured $79.99 minus $16 was the most I would pay but I'm not sure there even is a discount from the current $74.99 anymore.

orochi91

Bought 2 years worth of PS+ from Costco.

I feel like I should grab a few more, but I can't seem to pull the trigger.

Sorely tempted though...

SickBoy

Did anyone pre-order Paper Mario for the Wii U on Amazon during E3? I saw that the price has dropped from $89.99 to $74.99 but my order is such a mess that I can't figure out if the discount is still there or if they dropped it altogether. I only ordered it because I figured $79.99 minus $16 was the most I would pay but I'm not sure there even is a discount from the current $74.99 anymore.

I haven't checked recently, but on my order, I'm pretty sure it's always been $64 (I believe they had $90 as list but were discounting it by more than 20%)

Last time I did look at my order, I'm pretty sure the list price had fallen, but not my order total, which would mean it's still $64.

I've been thinking about contacting them about it, but not certain I'll get anywhere, and also I don't know if I genuinely want the game. I like Paper Mario and I think this game looks really pretty... but I was deeply disappointed in Sticker Star (mainly due to the "special" stickers you needed for boss battles, rather than the litany of gripes some people have), and I'm worried Color Splash will be similar.

Order with only Paper Mario:

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal: CDN$ 74.99
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
E3 20% Off: -CDN$ 11.00
Total before tax: CDN$ 63.99
Estimated GST/HST: CDN$ 3.20
Estimated PST/RST/QST: CDN$ 6.38
Grand Total: CDN$ 73.57

The 20% discount is currently missing 4$.

Bought 2 years worth of PS+ from Costco.

I feel like I should grab a few more, but I can't seem to pull the trigger.

Sorely tempted though...

I had the same hesitation. My feeling is this, if in September of 2018 (when my current run expires) I'm still into gaming as much now, then I'll figure it out then.

Or, I'll wait around for the inevitable December 2017 christmas deals on PSN cards and stalk up again then.

SickBoy

So, is it just me or is EB Games' Twitter one of the worst corporate social media accounts going?

I think it's pretty uniformly weak, but this tweet today was just another example of their awfulness.

https://twitter.com/EBGamesCanada/status/768467137694461952

1) Factually incorrect (several IHOPs in Canada)
2) Not funny or amusing
3) Oddly singles out one restaurant chain
4) Relating to No. 1, continues a trend of tweets relevant only to the geography of where their social media person is (presumably TO... past examples include "how about this weather lol"*)

*Not an actual quote, I don't think, but certainly could be.

killroy87

So, is it just me or is EB Games' Twitter one of the worst corporate social media accounts going?

I think it's pretty uniformly weak, but this tweet today was just another example of their awfulness.

2) Not funny or amusing
4) Relating to No. 1, continues a trend of tweets relevant only to the geography of where their social media person is (presumably TO... past examples include "how about this weather lol"*)

It's not the greatest, I agree, but I've seen worse for sure. It's at least halfway decent at answering questions I've asked.

This tweet specifically only stands out because it isn't funny or clever, it just kind of exists as one of those "oh look, and Brand is trying to get in on the current hot conversation topic" (and you're right, it's factually incorrect).

2) Not funny or amusing

You're a big IHOP fan, aren't you?

I don't see anything really egregious

Kyolux

Don't think there's any IHOP East of Niagara Falls at all.. at least that I know of.

Correction, except Niagara, there's none East of Alberta.

SickBoy

You're a big IHOP fan, aren't you?

I don't see anything really egregious

Nah, I'm not an IHOP fan. But if I managed a Denny's for a living I might be all "wtf" at that tweet :)

The problem I was ranting about isn't that tweet alone, but just a general propensity for inane posts that are totally irrelevant to the company (or half of Canada)

For a while it was Simpsons pics seemingly EVERY DAY. I love Simpsons references of a certain vintage, but c'mon, man!

I'm probably being unfair, because I think they've toned it down significantly even in the last few months. (And yes, credit to them for answering user tweets.) This is what happens when I have too much free time in the morning and nothing to fill it with... getting ranty. I suppose if it was that bad I wouldn't follow them any more (though I came close a couple of times in the Simpsons days)

Nah, I'm not an IHOP fan. But if I managed a Denny's for a living I might be all "wtf" at that tweet :)

The problem I was ranting about isn't that tweet alone, but just a general propensity for inane posts that are totally irrelevant to the company (or half of Canada)

For a while it was Simpsons pics seemingly EVERY DAY. I love Simpsons references of a certain vintage, but c'mon, man!

I'm probably being unfair, because I think they've toned it down significantly even in the last few months. (And yes, credit to them for answering user tweets.) This is what happens when I have too much free time in the morning and nothing to fill it with... getting ranty. I suppose if it was that bad I wouldn't follow them any more (though I came close a couple of times in the Simpsons days)

I agree with you. In their defense, I've done social media for a large company and it is very difficult, but they are so unbelievably bad at it for such a large company (besides the fact that they are quite good at actual customer service on there)

2) Not funny or amusing

They're usually good at answering questions, which is good enough for me because that's the only part of their job they should actually be good at.

Also yeah it's pretty obvious that their social media account people are situated somewhere in the GTA. They do have their flagship store here in Toronto where the entire second floor is just dedicated to Funko Pops lol

They're usually good at answering questions, which is good enough for me because that's the only part of their job they should actually be good at.

Also yeah it's pretty obvious that their social media account people are situated somewhere in the GTA. They do have their flagship store here in Toronto where the entire second floor is just dedicated to Funko Pops lol

Is the Playstation Store gone?

Is the Playstation Store gone?

I think it's been gone for quite a while, or has downsized to the point where it's basically nothing. They still have their huge banner up I think. Hell, the one IN the Eaton Centre is half 'gamer' clothes and Funko Pops as well. So weird how they transitioned, but it makes sense, I guess, given how prevalent digital is with their (former) lower prices and no tax

iLLmAtlc

Sorry didn't see the reason the first time.

"Unable to validate information given"

I dunno if I made a mistake on their whack ass website or something. I had to sign up like 4 times and add the item to my cart like 5 times

Sealtest

Did anyone else preorder Shantae half-genie hero from amazon before they increased the price?

I looked at my order today and found out even though my order says free shipping they're charging me $5.90 for shipping still. Hopefully this isn't happening to everyone.

Nicodemic

Did anyone else preorder Shantae half-genie hero from amazon before they increased the price?

I looked at my order today and found out even though my order says free shipping they're charging me $5.90 for shipping still. Hopefully this isn't happening to everyone.

I did pre-order Shantae and the current price for me is 34,99$. Strangely, standard shipping was selected and they were charging me 4,99$ for it. I changed it to free shipping as I normally do and the total is now 40,23$ with taxes. Hope it helps.

Sealtest

they said it was a system error and for some reason the free shipping discount was removed. A quick chat was able to fix the problem.

Maximus.

Got my PS+ codes like 12 hours after I ordered. The order did say upto 48 hours. Patience pays off..

I used my real address and got charged right away on my CC.

SO someone got into my playstation account a while back and deactivated my console and activated another as primary.

After multiple phone calls and live chats they still can't/won't do anything to help me.

Todays:

Irvin: Hello, My name is Irvin how may I assist you today?
Me: Hey Irvin.
Me: I've called/chatted a few times at this point. Someone got into my account at some point and deactivated all my consoles and activated another one as primary.
Me: I'd really like for this to be resolved. My last contact was via phone and was told I would receive an update within 72 hours. That was weeks ago.
Irvin: Hello Cameron , I am so sorry to hear about the issue you are having with the activation of the console under your account, let me do my best to assist you with that.
Irvin: I can see that your request of deactivate was denied.
Me: Because it has already been done in the previous 6 months I was told.
Me: The point is it wasn't done by me. I've only ever had my account on a single PS4.
Irvin: I totally understand Cameron, but unfortunately if the request was denied it wont' be possible for me to help you out with another request.
Me: You understand how ridiculous this is right?
Me: I don't mean to be rude at all I just don't understand how it is possible that you can't help a customer who's information was/is leaked to someone unknown
Irvin: I totally understand your cocern Cameron the thing is that deactivation can be done just one time per 6 months is not possible to do it without waiting if was done on the website, and if the request was denied, there are not more options.
Me: Can you tell me when the original deactivation occurred at least?
Irvin: yes, it was on 05/12/2016
Me: How's two factor authentication coming along? :)
Irvin: Pretty well.
Irvin: Besides that Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Me: Why start now! :) Have a good evening.

Okay, so I was a bit of a dick at the end but come on! How is the answer to your account being hacked. "wait 6 months"

Wake me up when November comes I guess.

So frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom