• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know, this is a random thought, but I'm starting to seriously think that there's some correlation between the people on here that post on here saying that their accounts have been hacked and those who list their PSN id on forums like Neogaf.

yes, i'm paranoid

kingwingin

you know, this is a random thought, but I'm starting to seriously think that there's some correlation between the people on here that post on here saying that their accounts have been hacked and those who list their PSN id on forums like Neogaf.

yes, i'm paranoid
i think it has a lot to do with people using same passwords among multiple sites and forums. One gets compromised then they can access anything.

Id recomend using lastpass if you are that worried.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

yes, i'm paranoid
Interestingly enough, back in December, someone was going around sending messages spoiling The Force Awakens to people, myself included, on PSN and XBL. Those people were targeted through their GAF profiles. Destructoid had an article written on it. My only claim to fame :(

sheamus

yes, i'm paranoid

I think you're a little paranoid but you Already know that. The only issue I had with hacking was someone to change the password on my rock star account.

So I change my password on everything

How do you guys go about creating your passwords. No specifics but I personally use a root words with a symbol and number sequence i.e. William$00264577

Lexxism

How do you guys go about creating your passwords. No specifics but I personally use a root words with a symbol and number sequence i.e. William$00264577
Way too much work. My password manager will handle it for me. 20 or more characters will aplhanumeric and symbols (if a site allows it) combination. Add a 2 step on that. Oh, yeah.

Cake Boss

Banned
Yo guys, I am in a market for a PS4 and this kijiji ad was posted 11minutes ago.

Should I jump on it?

$250
PS4, with red controller, and charging station. Games are Fallout 4, No Mans Sky, MG Solid v ( The Phantom Pain), Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare and Ratchet and Clank.

Or wait for September 07?

univbee

Way too much work. My password manager will handle it for me. 20 or more characters will aplhanumeric and symbols (if a site allows it) combination. Add a 2 step on that. Oh, yeah.

This. Get a 1Password bundle for all your devices, super-randomize all of your passwords.

Yo guys, I am in a market for a PS4 and this kijiji ad was posted 11minutes ago.

Should I jump on it?

Or wait for September 07?

I'd jump on that immediately. Killer deal.

you could easily keep any games you liked and re sell for the same amount on or after Sept 7th if you like what they're selling.

Cake Boss

Banned
Can you afford a potential Neo?

Really not too interested in the Neo as I don't have a 4K TV and not in the market to spend $500+ for a console that's barely a generation ahead when I spent that much on an X1 2 years ago.

Sent a message, the ad already had 5 views, so we'll see.

Really not too interested in the Neo as I don't have a 4K TV and not in the market to spend $500+ for a console that's barely a generation ahead when I spent that much on an X1 2 years ago.

Sent a message, the ad already had 5 views, so we'll see.

If you don't care about the slim, I would jump on that. No other reason to wait.

Anony

lol at people actually paying money for a password manager app

if you're going to have 1 password to store all your other passwords in a file or whatever format you want, just create a folder or text files with all the info and zip it with a password

theRizzle

lol at people actually paying money for a password manager app

if you're going to have 1 password to store all your other passwords in a file or whatever format you want, just create a folder or text files with all the info and zip it with a password

lol at not being able to afford one dollar a month for the convenience of having all your passwords on any device you want

like what do you do with your zip file on your phone? type in a password to a zip file, copy the password, switch apps and paste? every single time you want to log in to something?

Yeah, that's obviously far superior

khaaan

ZIP file seems a little silly, but then again I'm not going to pay for a password manager either.

I use keepass and don't have any complaints.

zroid

Banned
yeah I ordered it :(

hopefully it will get a random 50% discount before it releases, that usually seems to happen with these books

👀

8c3b9c265c354abb957c023f0e036242.png

the price drop already applied to my previous order and the 15% off promo is now taking an additional ~$5

etta

my hard graphic balls
How much do you guys think the PS4 Slim will be here up in Canada?

Is $350 with a bundled game wishful thinking? :(
LOOOOOOOOOOOÖÓÕ֌L!

Any deals on Batman AK for Xbox? I'd buy it for the fourth (and final) time now, so even $29.99 seems too much.

univbee

How much do you guys think the PS4 Slim will be here up in Canada?

Is $350 with a bundled game wishful thinking? :(

Not a fucking chance. There is pretty much zero chance of it being below $399USD (and may be more than that even) and likely won't include a game, which using the PSVR as a reference would mean $549CAD+tx.

Vinc

Not a fucking chance. There is pretty much zero chance of it being below $399USD (and may be more than that even) and likely won't include a game, which using the PSVR as a reference would mean $549CAD+tx.

Wait, he's saying Slim, not Neo. I think 350-370 sounds reasonable.

Vinc

If Neo is above 500, I'm not getting it.

I think Sony will eat the extra 20 bucks so they can reach that mental barrier of 499.99

etta

my hard graphic balls
If Neo is above 500, I'm not getting it.

I think Sony will eat the extra 20 bucks so they can reach that mental barrier of 499.99
I would assume so, too. Microsoft does it, but Sony has such a huge lead, I don't think it will happen. Look at PSVR, $549 BEFORE camera and wands. And it's a fucking accessory.

farisr

I would assume so, too. Microsoft does it, but Sony has such a huge lead, I don't think it will happen. Look at PSVR, $549 BEFORE camera and wands. And it's a fucking accessory.
I just hope that the PSVR pricing was due to them knowing their stock was going to sell out at launch and it'll be in high demand (more than they can produce and ship). Neo, without a doubt is going to have more stock and is probably going to be on shelves ready to be bought. They want it to sell, they want you to pick up a Neo over the slim.

Currently, $350 USD = $450 CAD. But Sony's eating the $20 and has the standalone and bundled PS4s priced at $430.
So yeah, if it's $399 USD, I think (or really hope) it'll be $499 CAD.

Gitaroo

Based on recent price hike for psn+ and psn CAD pricing, I don't think Sony is that friendly with pricing anymore. I think it also have a lot to do with the high yen exchange rate looking back at all the JP corporation financial report like nintendo for one.

been trying to buy a 3DS off Craigslist Vancouver for a week now with no luck, people just don't even respond, wtf

Yeah. I find Craigslist mostly misses for me. I have times when the seller agrees to a sale only to flake out at the last minute when I am at the location to meet.

I've been trying to buy a new 3DS XL in Vancouver =)

Dazzler

Yeah. I find Craigslist mostly misses for me. I have times when the seller agrees to a sale only to flake out at the last minute when I am at the location to meet.

I've been trying to buy a new 3DS XL in Vancouver =)

ha, same!

Not even trying to negotiate people, just offering to pay what they're looking for and I get nothing back from them

soultron

Banned
Still haven't received PS+ 1Y codes from CostCo. Ordered Tuesday; they say in the email to allow for 2 days. Hope they don't get canceled!

Seik

Banned
Little deal for people from Quebec here.

Pharmaprix sells Hyrule Warriors Legends and Yokai Watch (Both on 3DS) for 29.99$.

Most of these shops don't even have them in stock, though I went to Walmart with the online ad and pricematched it. Went for Hyrule Warriors Legends. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom