• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Little deal for people from Quebec here.

Pharmaprix sells Hyrule Warriors Legends and Yokai Watch (Both on 3DS) for 29.99$.

Most of these shops don't even have them in stock, though I went to Walmart with the online ad and pricematched it. Went for Hyrule Warriors Legends. :)

same prices at Shoppers too

Firestorm

ha, same!

Not even trying to negotiate people, just offering to pay what they're looking for and I get nothing back from them

Yeah. I find Craigslist mostly misses for me. I have times when the seller agrees to a sale only to flake out at the last minute when I am at the location to meet.

I've been trying to buy a new 3DS XL in Vancouver =)

If either of you want an OG Black unit I have one I can sell now that I have the regular New 3DS.

Ryukori

Little deal for people from Quebec here.

Pharmaprix sells Hyrule Warriors Legends and Yokai Watch (Both on 3DS) for 29.99$.

Most of these shops don't even have them in stock, though I went to Walmart with the online ad and pricematched it. Went for Hyrule Warriors Legends. :)

Does Best Buy price match Shoppers Drugmart as well? I'd like to pick those up.

univbee

Civilization VI: 25th Anniversary Edition is up for pre-order on amazon.ca.

$119.99 (sigh)

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01KP4ZYGK/

pMM0rz7.png

Nice of them to make the art book's cover art a picture of the buyer figuring out how to explain the purchase to their wife.

Ventara

Hey guys, is it easy to unlock a phone for free by yourself? Specifically, I'm talking about a Samsung Galaxy A5. It's about half price buying it used, but most of them are locked to some other carrier (mine being Rogers).

Hedgey

Hey guys, is it easy to unlock a phone for free by yourself? Specifically, I'm talking about a Samsung Galaxy A5. It's about half price buying it used, but most of them are locked to some other carrier (mine being Rogers).

Posting the deal itself would make this a bit more appropriate for the topic. What's your budget? If you're looking to buy a phone outright, there are options like the Robin and Oneplus 2/3 that are affordable, and unlocked out of the box. Much easier than dealing with an unlock.

Ventara

Posting the deal itself would make this a bit more appropriate for the topic. What's your budget? If you're looking to buy a phone outright, there are options like the Robin and Oneplus 2/3 that are affordable, and unlocked out of the box. Much easier than dealing with an unlock.

Oh, they're just Kijiji private listings. I had my phone stolen last week and am looking to replace it with the same model since I got attached to it. I've been keeping an eye on Kijiji for a few days hoping to score a deal, but almost all the listings under $300 are locked to some other network.

Yeah. Usually it's just a matter of following a few easy steps and entering a code into your phone. Took me all of 5 minutes to unlock my Priv once I had the code.

This phone locking business should have died years ago. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This. CRTC has our back, right?

Maximus.

This phone locking business should have died years ago. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why? It would just mean that the consumer has to technically pay more upfront most likely. Look at the phone plans where you have a device tab or look at how it is in the states. At least they provide the option to unlock the device for a fee.

The price of phone plans is ridiculous in this country though.

Kyolux

Why? It would just mean that the consumer has to technically pay more upfront most likely. Look at the phone plans where you have a device tab or look at how it is in the states. At least they provide the option to unlock the device for a fee.

The price of phone plans is ridiculous in this country though.

Why would it mean the consumer has to pay more? He still has to pay off the tab if switches. The only reason they lock the phone is to make it less convenient for people to switch. Which goes against the principles of every new laws/rules that were put up in the last half-decade.

RS4-

Oh, they're just Kijiji private listings. I had my phone stolen last week and am looking to replace it with the same model since I got attached to it. I've been keeping an eye on Kijiji for a few days hoping to score a deal, but almost all the listings under $300 are locked to some other network.

Go for the X Play if it's under 300 and second hand. X Play unlock codes on eBay are under $5.

And it's almost the closest thing to Pure Android. No bloat.

CRA5H

I unlocked my G5 at launch for $10. I forget the website but if you're curious, I can find out and ask my friend again.

iLLmAtlc

What the, I didn't know that the library charged 5 bucks to have books sent to another campus now that I'm an alumni. Not this way.

Maximus.

Why would it mean the consumer has to pay more? He still has to pay off the tab if switches. The only reason they lock the phone is to make it less convenient for people to switch. Which goes against the principles of every new laws/rules that were put up in the last half-decade.

I said they have to pay more UPFRONT, meaning that by locking the device, they force the consumer to stick with the contract with less incentive to switch and to make more money over the term of the contract. The general public would be less keen to upgrade devices if they had to pay more right when they pick up a new device. If a customer signs a contract, there already is little incentive to switch carriers because the penalty to cancel the contract is also a high price to pay.

soultron

Banned
Ah, finally got my CostCo codes. (Ordered Tuesday morning, as mentioned in posts on this page.)

Ordered with VISA and I'm not a CostCo member, if it matters.

AndrewPL

I got my cost co codes, they ended up in the spam folder for gmail.

Only bought 2, tempted to get 1 more ;)

I'm not Canadian (from NZ) and everywhere else for cheap codes didn't work so I am really surprised!

Used CostCo's address for an address and a US Forwarding business for the billing address.

I got my cost co codes, they ended up in the spam folder for gmail.

Only bought 2, tempted to get 1 more ;)

I'm not Canadian (from NZ) and everywhere else for cheap codes didn't work so I am really surprised!

Used CostCo's address for an address and a US Forwarding business for the billing address.

They tuk ur codes!!!!

soultron

Banned
The email you get when ordering the codes from CostCo says to specifically add a third party email to your whitelist (codes2go.net or something) so make sure you do that or else they might get flagged as spam! :)

ohlawd

thanks for that Hyrule Warriors deal. don't think I'll play it ever when I've already sunk so many hours in the Wii U version tho.

DJ_Lae

thanks for that Hyrule Warriors deal. don't think I'll play it ever when I've already sunk so many hours in the Wii U version tho.

Probably not. I bought it with the best of intentions, but if any game needed cross-platform saves it's Hyrule Warriors. There's so much (borderline unnecessary) content there that the prospect of redoing it is incredibly daunting.

I finished the main story and lost interest. Didn't have the heart to grind through the adventure mode a second time.

ohlawd

Probably not. I bought it with the best of intentions, but if any game needed cross-platform saves it's Hyrule Warriors. There's so much (borderline unnecessary) content there that the prospect of redoing it is incredibly daunting.

I finished the main story and lost interest. Didn't have the heart to grind through the adventure mode a second time.
yeah I'm just gonna play occasionally when I don't feel like getting rid of my backlog. My bro and I did adventure mode and fuck doing that on my own in this version.

univbee

So Canada Post is striking it seems. What happens with shipments already in progress?

Generally they end up being held somewhere until the strike is resolved. They don't automatically get returned or anything like that if that's your concern, but you probably won't have any avenues to get the package until the strike is over and work resumes, it's more or less like they hit "pause" on the processing of the package during the strike.

At the moment, the union is saying that if there is a strike, it would be a rotating one, with specific provinces being on strike at specific times. A full work stoppage could be in the cards if negotiations go south but apparently that's the current plan. So it sounds like the mail will still go through, but delivery times will be unpredictable?

Kyolux

At the moment, the union is saying that if there is a strike, it would be a rotating one, with specific provinces being on strike at specific times. A full work stoppage could be in the cards if negotiations go south but apparently that's the current plan. So it sounds like the mail will still go through, but delivery times will be unpredictable?

Sounds slightly like I was thinking they would do last night. (hadn't read about their plans)

Figured they might strike every other day or 2-3 days at a time, resume service for a few days, then another 2-3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom