• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never purchased anything from Best Buy - do they deliver the card, or is it digital?

physical delivery.

But at 20% off I figure it's worth the wait. Have got enough PSN credit to cover me for a long time at this point.

Like to think of this last order as 2 years of PS plus for 80 bucks.

joecanada

I just posted in 1060 review thread, direct Canada has what I consider some okay deals today on 1060 if you have been searching...

EVGA SC for about 340

PNY base version for about 330

free shipping (Canada post :(((((((((( )

Dont mean to go off-topic, but oh lord, chewie. Why did you make that thread in OT? I don't think I can cringe any harder reading it

Don't answer this if you don't want to of course, but holyyyy shit son.

Hope a good controller deal pops online soon for you.

DJ_Lae

Man, Best Buy's site is just plain awful - I keep expecting them to fix it at some point, but it's still slow and buggy. Took four tries to actually check out with two PSN cards - first time I logged into VISA checkout but it didn't work properly and asked for a credit card at the end anyway, second time the cart emptied, third time the first error happened again and the fourth time, that somehow was the charm.

It's why any limited offer from them is a crapshoot, as if I only have a few minutes to process an order it's probably not going to make it through.

Quick

Banned
I ordered a jacket from Japan and I haven't seen a status update from Japan Post since the 24th ("dispatch from outward office of exchange"). That apparently means it's been flown out, but I haven't received an update since.

Not sure if it's accurate, but I also read that I won't be receiving any further updates at this point because it's transferred to Canada Post. Any truth to this?

zroid

Banned
Dont mean to go off-topic, but oh lord, chewie. Why did you make that thread in OT? I don't think I can cringe any harder reading it

great now you've left me no choice but to look for this

I hope you're happy

Renewed

I ordered a jacket from Japan and I haven't seen a status update from Japan Post since the 24th ("dispatch from outward office of exchange"). That apparently means it's been flown out, but I haven't received an update since.

Not sure if it's accurate, but I also read that I won't be receiving any further updates at this point because it's transferred to Canada Post. Any truth to this?

Yeah, Japan Post didn't provide any tracking after that point for my XenobladeX Skell order. So I got a Canada Post delivery notice in my mailbox this Tuesday and checked to see that Japan Post still didn't update.

a34bea8a34.png

Quick

Banned
Yeah, Japan Post didn't provide any tracking after that point for my XenobladeX Skell order. So I got a Canada Post delivery notice in my mailbox this Tuesday and checked to see that Japan Post still didn't update.

Thanks. At least I know my order's out somewhere.

Oh man I stumbled on that thread earlier too. I think I know exactly how you feel.

Thanks Nucker for the PSN card notice, I got 2 earlier.

50 dollar PSN cards back on Best Buy once more.

$20 off $100 with Visa checkout

For those who missed out this is probably the last shot

Thank-you, my friend. I now have 2 years of PS+ for $40 each year. I can live with that price. Really wanted to get below that $50 threshold and sure as hell would never pay $70.

khaaan

lol, in my head Chewie is like some endearing awkward sitcom character. He makes me chuckle. You messed up but your heart was in the right place bruh <3

kevin1025

Banned
I just posted in 1060 review thread, direct Canada has what I consider some okay deals today on 1060 if you have been searching...

EVGA SC for about 340

PNY base version for about 330

free shipping (Canada post :(((((((((( )

Those are pretty great prices. I'm eyeing the Zotac GTX 1060 Mini on ShopRBC very closely, it's $324.49 at the moment and I'm hoping to buy one at the end of September (it says the price ends at the end of this month, but I'm optimistic it comes back!).

I'm also curious about them since they seem to be based here in Ottawa!

big fake

Those are pretty great prices. I'm eyeing the Zotac GTX 1060 Mini on ShopRBC very closely, it's $324.49 at the moment and I'm hoping to buy one at the end of September (it says the price ends at the end of this month, but I'm optimistic it comes back!).

I'm also curious about them since they seem to be based here in Ottawa!

Just picked one up for my new build. Its performing pretty greatly with my i5 6600k, though I'm getting weird drops in Dark Souls 3, I don't know if thats common in the game but I think it might be a settings error somewhere. Its also running surprisingly cool when at load.

kevin1025

Banned
Just picked one up for my new build. Its performing pretty greatly with my i5 6600k, though I'm getting weird drops in Dark Souls 3, I don't know if thats common in the game but I think it might be a settings error somewhere. Its also running surprisingly cool when at load.

Apart from Dark Souls 3, that's very good to hear! Would you say you're happy with it? I'm still rocking a i5 3570k from my fall 2012 build, so I'm looking to pop the card in there and go wild for another year or maybe two before building a brand new PC and then transferring the card over to that.

I've watched way too many Youtube benchmark videos, and this card looks perfect for what I'm looking for, especially for the coolness and the quiet factor. I've been running a Radeon HD7870, and it's like a jet when trying to play anything.

ohlawd

shiiiit I don't want anyone in the house to catch my Cordelia figure >_>

chrono01

yo man she left Japan on the 23rd. I'm good if she shows up next week. but that ain't gonna happen, is it? ;_;
Depends on the shipping method you used. If it was EMS, it's definitely possible. In fact, I'd be surprised if you didn't receive it next week. If not, it's probably unlikely. The fastest I've ever received an SAL (registered or otherwise) shipment was something like 2.5 weeks. I haven't tried Air, so I can't vouch for that.

i-Lo

Is it possible to buy 12 months PS plus subscription from PSN store but have them activate on my own time instead of being automatically tacked on to the existing (remaining) one?

zroid

Banned
shiiiit I don't want anyone in the house to catch my Cordelia figure >_>
the one time I bought a figure back in... 2012 or so... there were definitely some awkward questions &#128578;

I was rly tempted by the Cordelia but I promised myself I'd never buy another figure. one was enough.
not counting my dozens of am***o

Clive

Is TIV.ca accurate? Looking to unload 100+ games and want to pre-check values.

The more recently the price is updated, the more reliable it should be. If an Xbox 360 game was updated last in 2011 with the price $18 then you can be pretty sure the TIV has dropped significantly. If Uncharted 4 was updated last month then it's probably reasonably accurate.

Depending on what you have and if you have the time for it then you can probably get better offers from Gaffers, eBay or Kijiji too. Trade in values for last gen games have been dropping in value pretty hard from my experience if that's what you're selling.

MrFlooD

Thanks, I'll probably just take them in and trade them.

I don't replay games, so something is better than nothing. Will be taking advantage of the Xbox One S trade in offer.

BadHand

Somehow got the visa checkout discount on a BB instore pickup of PSN cards.

The online codes are sold out and I used the mobile app. Don't know if this is intentional, because obviously I have to pay at the store when I pick the items up (and not paying via visa checkout)

etta

my hard graphic balls
Just play asylum or city instead ;-)
Hmmm, that's not a bad idea. Play through Asylum, City, and hopefully by then there will be a sale on Knight. I wish the first two were on Xbox backward compatibility, it would have been great to have them all on one platform. Hopefully they delayed the remasters to improve the graphics, and I'll grab it on a sale.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I absolutely LOVED it. I didnt finish asylum or city, but knight was stellar.
I know, I finished twice ;)
I just don't want to blow even $30 on it because I've already bought it twice. PS4 at launch, traded it for the Xbox version, then bought the digital PS4 version during US Amazon price glitch for $15 with the Season Pass and sold the Xbox version.
But since I sold the PS4 due to Neo, and I probably won't get that for a while if it launches at $549 here (630 with taxes =O), I really want to play it again in time for Halloween.

BadHand

Somehow got the visa checkout discount on a BB instore pickup of PSN cards.

The online codes are sold out and I used the mobile app. Don't know if this is intentional, because obviously I have to pay at the store when I pick the items up (and not paying via visa checkout)

So I went to the store to pick up my order and it was being filtered out of the system and not sent to the store. I showed customer service my order and did it again on my phone, they tried on their computer too. It wasn't working.

They said they can't price adjust PSN cards because it voids the card. So they charged me $100 then refunded me back $20.

i-Jest

Anyone else giving some serious thought on keeping their God Eater 2 E3 order? I might just cancel, and hope the Day 1 edition in still available for a cheaper price, 6 months down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom