• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anony

Yeah, Japan Post didn't provide any tracking after that point for my XenobladeX Skell order. So I got a Canada Post delivery notice in my mailbox this Tuesday and checked to see that Japan Post still didn't update.

and ohlawd, what shipping method did you use?
i have 2 shippments from the the first and second week of august and it's still at dispatch from tokyo, but it's on sal registered
it usually should be here already

ohlawd

Anyone else giving some serious thought on keeping their God Eater 2 E3 order? I might just cancel, and hope the Day 1 edition in still available for a cheaper price, 6 months down the line.

GE is shit, breh

and ohlawd, what shipping method did you use?
i have 2 shippments from the the first and second week of august and it's still at dispatch from tokyo, but it's on sal registered
it usually should be here already
yeah, SAL parcel, chrono said it's basically SAL registered. got the same dispatch from Tokyo message. but if they don't give you new info when it's left Tokyo then isn't it the same as unregistered? the only thing you can do now is hope it shows up on your doorstep

Renewed

I used Air. Arrived in like 9-10 days? My experience with SAL is always the same these days (2-3 weeks, sometimes a bit longer like up to a month). I don't think Canada Post tried to deliver the package and just kept it at my nearby pickup store.

I don't like that paying for registered would be disadvantageous (same time as unregistered and can't get updates)

Savitar

Nice to see that Amazon is saying they got plans set out to minimize disruptions in case of a strike but I wonder what those plans are and how effective they may be.

Nice to see that Amazon is saying they got plans set out to minimize disruptions in case of a strike but I wonder what those plans are and how effective they may be.

Hopefully that doesn't mean they'll be using Purolator for all of their shipments. I had 4 things ordered through the last disruption they were either lost, or took close to a month to arrive.

mdubs

Banned
Hopefully that doesn't mean they'll be using Purolator for all of their shipments. I had 4 things ordered through the last disruption they were either lost, or took close to a month to arrive.

If you're lucky they'll use Purolator or UPS, if you're unlucky they'll use Dynamex

Sealtest

Not video game related but for people interested in seeing Digimon Adventure Tri in Canada, Cineplex is now selling tickets to the September 15th one night only show.

I'd prefer Purolator over Canada Post anyday. Purolator is really good here, and then I don't have to drive or walk a mile to the community mailbox to get my stuff/it's not sitting out there in inclement weather.

Plus, less chance of damage (by not being crammed into a mailbox.)

Not video game related but for people interested in seeing Digimon Adventure Tri in Canada, Cineplex is now selling tickets to the September 15th one night only show.

What relation is this to the show that was/is on Crunchyroll? Is it like all episodes put together? Because believe me I love Digimon but I could not watch past 30 minutes of that first part. Just bad, bad screenwriting/translating.

But I suppose I'd still do it because I havent seen a Digimon movie in theatres since Digimon: The Movie.

Sealtest

What relation is this to the show that was/is on Crunchyroll? Is it like all episodes put together? Because believe me I love Digimon but I could not watch past 30 minutes of that first part. Just bad, bad screenwriting/translating.

But I suppose I'd still do it because I havent seen a Digimon movie in theatres since Digimon: The Movie.

it's the 4 30 minutes parts that were aired last November but now they're dubbed.

And I feel yeah.. but since this is the first Digimon movie in NA theatres since that one I couldn't say no.

chrono01

GE is shit, breh

yeah, SAL parcel, chrono said it's basically SAL registered. got the same dispatch from Tokyo message. but if they don't give you new info when it's left Tokyo then isn't it the same as unregistered? the only thing you can do now is hope it shows up on your doorstep
With EMS (and SAL Registered) shipments, the tracking will say when it's dispatched from Japan's outward exchange and the next update you'll receive is when it hits your Country's customs. At least, that's how it is in Canada. When it enters your Country, you'll then get up-to-date tracking information, but nothing until then (unfortunately).

So yeah, you'll just have to wait until your customs gets it. I haven't used SAL Parcel personally, but from what I've read it's basically SAL but for larger shipments. It should take the average amount of time as with SAL, which is generally 2-3 weeks or so (sometimes longer, depending).

theRizzle

heyyy, Batman talk!

I am kind of hesitant to get Arkham Knight, 'cause I didn't even really like City that much. Loved Asylum (beat 3 times) but just could not get into City at all, though I will admit it does a better job of making you feel like The Batman because of how open it is. It just seemed like it was more expansive for the sake of being larger, not because there was lots of interesting stuff happening in those spaces.

I know Origins is not a Rocksteady game but I haven't tried that either.

Asylum is definitely the best of the 3. I love it, and like how it's contained but not constrictive. It also has a great wow factor.

City is very good also.

And I liked Knight. It's not as good, but it's good. Too many weird Batmobile puzzles, though.

BTails

Went to Costco today, and they didn't have any Playstation Plus cards, only Xbox Live Gold ones, so I ordered 2 when I got home from Costco.ca... Now the waiting game begins...

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Went to costco today to get PSN cards, had none on the floor.. went home and ordered online (2 for me , 2 for a friend) got all codes within 20 mins.

I'm good for two more years.

BTails

Went to costco today to get PSN cards, had none on the floor.. went home and ordered online (2 for me , 2 for a friend) got all codes within 20 mins.

I'm good for two more years.

I wonder why some people get the codes almost instantly, while others wait? Very odd... (Still waiting for mine I ordered a couple hours ago)

Grimsen

I wonder why some people get the codes almost instantly, while others wait? Very odd... (Still waiting for mine I ordered a couple hours ago)

I entered my Costco member number, and used my Costco MasterCard. I got my codes in minutes. Maybe it's faster that way?

farisr

Has anyone got the 20% discount code for PSN Play 2016 preorders yet?

Hoping I get this before the PS+ price goes up.
They'll show up around September 6th, but just a heads up I recall the fine print saying that the discount code cannot be used to get PS+ subscriptions.
Hmmm. I used my Costco member number, but paid Visa. Maybe the CC matters?
I used a mastercard and it took 48 hours for me to receive the code.

big fake

Apart from Dark Souls 3, that's very good to hear! Would you say you're happy with it? I'm still rocking a i5 3570k from my fall 2012 build, so I'm looking to pop the card in there and go wild for another year or maybe two before building a brand new PC and then transferring the card over to that.

I've watched way too many Youtube benchmark videos, and this card looks perfect for what I'm looking for, especially for the coolness and the quiet factor. I've been running a Radeon HD7870, and it's like a jet when trying to play anything.
Ya I am pretty damn happy with it, tested MGSV TPP and got a complete lock at 60 fps at max settings. I haven't gotten time to test any other games but will be soon. It runs quietly and pretty cool. It would be a great upgrade from a 7870 and the 3570k might bottleneck in highly CPU intensive games but with a overclock that could be mitigated. If your looking for a 1060 at this size and for this price this would be the ideal one, and shopRBC delivered it in 1 and a half business days!

Ryne

Is there a way to buy something on BestBuy US' website and have it shipped to Canada? There's a particular phone that I want that is being sold on that site that is not available on BB's Canadian website.

soultron

Banned
Is there a way to buy something on BestBuy US' website and have it shipped to Canada? There's a particular phone that I want that is being sold on that site that is not available on BB's Canadian website.
You could try a mail forwarding service. They buy things in the states for you and send it. Or you could try a US GAFfer if you trust anyone!

Where's the best place to get cheap boxers? Even bargain brand, as I'm sure they're fine. Walmart had a shit/expensive selection.

The Banana Republic Outlet and Gap Outlet (Vaughan Mills or Toronto Premuim Outlets) have pretty cheap boxers. Often goes for less than 5 bucks. Otherwise Costco is always pretty cheap as well.

whitehawk

Banned
http://gamesforcanada.com/

It's not just games, they'll do anything. Website grew out of the CAG community, it's trustworthy afaik, though I haven't used it myself. Can probably read a bunch of testimonials on cag.

The Banana Republic Outlet and Gap Outlet (Vaughan Mills or Toronto Premuim Outlets) have pretty cheap boxers. Often goes for less than 5 bucks. Otherwise Costco is always pretty cheap as well.

Thanks

Those are both a bit of a drive, making me think it wouldn't be worth it. But Costco isn't too far and my friend has a membership. He wants me to go with him to get jeans.

Ryne

You could try a mail forwarding service. They buy things in the states for you and send it. Or you could try a US GAFfer if you trust anyone!

http://gamesforcanada.com/

It's not just games, they'll do anything. Website grew out of the CAG community, it's trustworthy afaik, though I haven't used it myself. Can probably read a bunch of testimonials on cag.
Thanks, I'll give GFC a shot. The mail forwarding services I've looked at before were expensive, but I guess they will be for the service I'm asking for.

Lexxism

Thanks

Those are both a bit of a drive, making me think it wouldn't be worth it. But Costco isn't too far and my friend has a membership. He wants me to go with him to get jeans.
You should buy their gift card when it's on sale for 20%. Staples usually has it on sale.

RS4-

Thanks

Fuck that, you don't have to drive up to Vaughan Mills. Just go to any gap, old Navy, AE. Boxers are like $5.

All my boxers are BR sale boxers I've collected over the years. They are honestly totally worth the price. Great styles, fit, good material that holds up well. There is only one location in my city and I visit it rarely, but I always check for sale boxers in my size b/c they always have some sale ones available. At $5-$8 and sometimes cheaper if you combo it with a %off promo, seriously can't go wrong.

Wow I totally forgot about this site.

I also wonder how the CAG Canada community is going... haven't been there in years, sadly.

I checked the CAG Canadian forums like yesterday and the most recent post was Aug 17 or something. Most of the activity was from like June-July probably around E3 deals. So, yeah.

FrsDvl

Anyone here ever been charged for electricity by 2 different companies? I just noticed both Enmax and Epcor are charging me for electricity. I never really pay attention to my bills, stupid me. Would I even get reimbursed for something like that? I know I should contact them, but they're closed Sundays.

kevin1025

Banned
Ya I am pretty damn happy with it, tested MGSV TPP and got a complete lock at 60 fps at max settings. I haven't gotten time to test any other games but will be soon. It runs quietly and pretty cool. It would be a great upgrade from a 7870 and the 3570k might bottleneck in highly CPU intensive games but with a overclock that could be mitigated. If your looking for a 1060 at this size and for this price this would be the ideal one, and shopRBC delivered it in 1 and a half business days!

That's very good news! Now for the agonizing wait till the end of next month, haha.

Random question: do you all know if any store in Toronto that has good deals on PSP stuff, or at least a good selection of games?

Not anymore. EB cleared out their PSP stock as late as last year, but the best deals and selection were in 2013-2014 (I was part of that buying group, went to a few different stores). Peace Walker for like $10, etc.

Indie stores have a handful of games but dont seem to buy anymore.

Best bet now is GAF BST or kijiji.

khaaan

Not anymore. EB cleared out their PSP stock as late as last year, but the best deals and selection were in 2013-2014 (I was part of that buying group, went to a few different stores). Peace Walker for like $10, etc.

Indie stores have a handful of games but dont seem to buy anymore.

Best bet now is GAF BST or kijiji.

I also find that indie stores tend to know what the product is worth and price accordingly. At best they'll be priced slightly less than the online average as an incentive for you to buy through them but usually the prices are essentially the same.

From the Humble Capcpom Bundle, have them already, thought I'd give them out to my fellow Canadian bros.

Super Puzzle Fighter PS3: 3K8T-N5N3-56GC

Final Fight PS3: 3L7M-2QNF-7CM8

Street Fighter II HD Remix PS3: 3B2K-24NH-8MCB

45% off Street Fighter V PS4: 2GMAJQ7FLT

----
BONUS: Some leftovers from the Nintendo eShop Bundle.

BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien Wii U: A08L1FUV34X2JUYX

Mighty Switch Force! 3DS: A08KUAFR1AHAY60N

OlliOlli 3DS: A08MG7LD1BMXJV12

Gunman Clive 3DS: A08LAUCL2U0SK374

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom