• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennah

Not sure, I check in the My Account upgrades every once in a while, and it's an offer that was presented to me. iPhone 6 64 would be the same price. Says LImited Time Offer. I'm assuming it's clearing stock before the new iPhones come out in a couple weeks.

Lexxism

Not sure, I check in the My Account upgrades every once in a while, and it's an offer that was presented to me. iPhone 6 64 would be the same price. Says LImited Time Offer. I'm assuming it's clearing stock before the new iPhones come out in a couple weeks.
Yeah, I checked my mom's account and I don't see $0 on SE 64GB. It was 99.99. No need to rush anyway since the price will come down when 7 hits the market.

I finally get to experience Dynamex. RIP game.

They sent me a text while I was at work: "I will be there in 3 minutes, can you come down to the lobby and get your package." The package was being delivered to my home. My girlfriend was there but I told him to go up and deliver it.

Cynar

Doubt you'd be able to keep the plan unless you are already on one of the new ones :(

kennah

Doubt you'd be able to keep the plan unless you are already on one of the new ones :(

Shoot, looks like it was yesterday only. I decided to sleep on it, and now it isn't letting me keep my existing plan :( Should have jumped on it yesterday, but guess I can live with my 5 for a while.

terrible

Banned
They sent me a text while I was at work: "I will be there in 3 minutes, can you come down to the lobby and get your package." The package was being delivered to my home. My girlfriend was there but I told him to go up and deliver it.

They sound so organized, I can't wait. Funny thing is I have two games coming today, one shipped via Dynamex and one via Amazon's service. Seems like a waste.

Kyolux

Broke down and ordered 2 years of PS+ on costco (best buy is out of stock it seems).

Should last me until June 2019 if I activate now.. I may hold off though on using them. Not sure yet though, worried I'd lose the codes at some point.

Broke down and ordered 2 years of PS+ on costco (best buy is out of stock it seems).

Should last me until June 2019 if I activate now.. I may hold off though on using them. Not sure yet though, worried I'd lose the codes at some point.

Make sure you activate before the September switchover, because after that date, the codes will only save you $49.99 off the new PS+ price, meaning you'll still have to pay an extra $20 on PSN.

Or maybe not? I can't find any reference to that policy anymore, now I'm wondering if I dreamed it up.

killroy87

Make sure you activate before the September switchover, because after that date, the codes will only save you $49.99 off the new PS+ price, meaning you'll still have to pay an extra $20 on PSN.

...are you sure? I can't imagine that's true. The codes aren't worth $49, they're worth a year of PS Plus, regardless of the price. or at least, they should be.

For them to pull that might actually be illegal.

...are you sure? I can't imagine that's true. The codes aren't worth $49, they're worth a year of PS Plus, regardless of the price. or at least, they should be.

Yeah agreed. No information anywhere has said anything slightly close to you only getting a discount when using an existing PS Plus card after Sept 22. I can't imagine they would do this or even could.

Yasumi

Banned
29053119230_c1dd9038e3_b.jpg

Fuck.

... Okay I guess I'm holding onto my Amazon Trails of Cold Steel II Vita pre-order then. Was holding out hope that XSEED would probably put it at $39.99 digital like the first game. Now I'm kind of doubting it

EDIT: I guess it's kind of similar to just get Project Diva X Vita physically. It's 54.99 at EB Games rn. But no taxes at least.

Samemind

Can I get a full rundown of what this switchover thing is btw? I know I received an e-mail about it and I think I have one year of PS+ left to redeem, but I also think my current sub ends later than the September date, whatever it was.

killroy87

Can I get a full rundown of what this switchover thing is btw? I know I received an e-mail about it and I think I have one year of PS+ left to redeem, but I also think my current sub ends later than the September date, whatever it was.

It begins and ends with "on Spetember 22, PS Plus goes from $49 to $69"

If you want to renew, better to do it before then. The subscriptions stack, so there's no loss on your part. If you have the money to spare, it wouldn't hurt to buy a couple years.

Samemind

It begins and ends with "on Spetember 22, PS Plus goes from $49 to $69"

If you want to renew, better to do it before then. The subscriptions stack, so there's no loss on your part. If you have the money to spare, it wouldn't hurt to buy a couple years.

But I have the code. Are they going to charge me more if I go to redeem it after Sep 22nd?

I wonder if he sales have dropped at all given the price increases. I assume so but how much...

I dunno, maybe a little bit. I was on the fence about Aot. Now they've shoved me off and chopped the fence down. Same with PDX kinda, I was considering it but now I want to wait until it's cheaper, at least down to $40.

Is this confirmed?

I don't think they could do this?

Got any source on it?

I could've sworn I read it on GAF, but some basic search terms in the PS+ increase thread yield nothing. I'll keep looking, but maybe ignore me for now unless you're paranoid. Apologies!

evanmisha

Fuck Bell seriously won't let me keep my amazing plan and get a new phone.

Went through this with Bell earlier in the year when my phone broke. Called up Rogers and told them my situation. Ended up with a better, cheaper plan, and the phone for less than I would have paid after the subsidy.

Canon

Banned
Timeline of Incompetence:

November 2015: Pre-ordered World of Warcraft Legion CE and Dragon Quest 7 and 8 3DS from Best Buy to get 30% off.

Wednesday of last week: Contacted Best Buy to let them know some pre-orders should start shipping soon (Warcraft) they assure me it will ship soon.

Friday: Warcraft hasn't shipped. Contact support and they say it will ship within 24 hours.

Monday: Still hasn't shipped. Sent another email and got no response. Called Best Buy 3 times on the phone and each time they hang up on me after giving them order number.

Tuesday: Order still hasn't even been charged to my card, let alone shipped. I receive this email from Best Buy.

"Please be advised that we have initiated an escalation #XXXXX to determine what has happened with this order. Please allow 3-5 business days for the investigation to be completed.

Your understanding and patient is greatly appreciated!

Thank you for choosing Bestbuy.ca

Do these clowns not realize that waiting 2+ weeks after launch for a collector's edition of a time-sensitive fucking MMO is unacceptable? And of no fault of my own? They are doing nothing to even remotely come close to helping the situation. In fact all they've done is lied to me and wasted my time with useless information.

During this time the game at least showed "in-stock" on the order page, now it shows "out of stock" so I might not even get the fucking thing. If I had known Best Buy would screw this up I would have pre-ordered elsewhere but now it's too late.

Blam

Went through this with Bell earlier in the year when my phone broke. Called up Rogers and told them my situation. Ended up with a better, cheaper plan, and the phone for less than I would have paid after the subsidy.

Yeah I've tried, and each time I tell them they give me the plan, and its cheaper through bell. So I'm faced to buy a new phone upfront or a used one off of Kijiji or Craigslist whenever I get the chance to.

A PS+ subscription card should give you 1 year of PS+ no matter the price.

A PSN card is worth whatever dollar amount is on it. If it's $50, you can buy a year of PS+ with it now, but next month it'll only be $50 towards the $69.99 price.

Timeline of Incompetence:

Wednesday of last week: Contacted Best Buy to let them know some pre-orders should start shipping soon (Warcraft) they assure me it will ship soon.

I've never heard of anyone contacting Best Buy in advance of a pre-order date advising them that a game was coming out...I'm pretty sure they know :).

Everything they do is automated, calling often only makes the issue worse as it throws an extra wrench in the process if they escalate.

My guess is they oversold and are waiting for additional stock. There are some other complaints about it on Best Buy forums.

Is there a reasonably priced place to buy a GTX 1060? I was thinking to get the 6GB EVGA SuperClocked one but it's $260 USD MSRP which should be ~$340, but I can't find anywhere near that price.

terrible

Banned
Is there a reasonably priced place to buy a GTX 1060? I was thinking to get the 6GB EVGA SuperClocked one but it's $260 USD MSRP which should be ~$340, but I can't find anywhere near that price.

It's out of stock now I think but it was $340 at direct canada very recently. For whatever reason it doesn't even show up in searches on their website for me when it's out of stock but they do carry it there.

Yasumi

Banned
Ordered the physical Vita version of God Eater 2 off of Amazon UK. With shipping it comes out to $1 more buying it digitally here, but I can sell the GER code to make back like $15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom