• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

i-Jest

jzbluz

I'm thinking about getting Severed, but it's apart of a separate promotion, if that's something you want to check out.

DEAL

Trails of Cold Steel DLC is on sale, some of it even free.

I wish they would put the bundle on sale as well. My download list is terrible enough without buying each dlc individually.

Trogdor1123

Looking to pick up 3 tablets for the kids for Christmas. Wanting to go Android I think. Would like 2 gigs of memory and a decent screen and battery life. Any ideas? Are refreshes coming out soon?

bryt

29053119230_c1dd9038e3_b.jpg

Fuck.

Omg, I hope steins gate 0 isn't gonna be a ridiculous price.

Looking to pick up 3 tablets for the kids for Christmas. Wanting to go Android I think. Would like 2 gigs of memory and a decent screen and battery life. Any ideas? Are refreshes coming out soon?

Depends on your budget... you could get a 6-pack of amazon fire tablet for like 250$ USD so...

CazTGG

Sony is having an innovators sale

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...blog:blognav::ps-blog-blog.us.playstation.com

any games on here that you guys can recommend for the vita?

I have olli olli and unfinished sawn, not sure about the other games on here.

Severed is a fantastic title, one of the Vita's best...if you have a capacitive stylus. It's still a great game without one but you'll definitely appreciate the accuracy it provides over one's fingers.

Doki-Doki Universe is charming and unique, if difficult to describe.

If you don't have it on PC and don't care about multiplayer, the Vita port of Don't Starve is a solid alternative that's worth checking out.

Trogdor1123

Depends on your budget... you could get a 6-pack of amazon fire tablet for like 250$ USD so...
Well, we are were considering iPads mini 4 s but thought the cost a bit high.

We want access to app store, Netflix, and kids games. I'd like to stay around 200 CDN each but can go higher if a good unit is out there. We may still go the iPad route. Decent speakers would be a real plus and USB c would be a huge seller for us.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Severed is a fantastic title, one of the Vita's best...if you have a capacitive stylus. It's still a great game without one but you'll definitely appreciate the accuracy it provides over one's fingers.
Hmm, thanks for the tip. Might wait for the WiiU/3DS version then.

Well, we are were considering iPads mini 4 s but thought the cost a bit high.

We want access to app store, Netflix, and kids games. I'd like to stay around 200 CDN each but can go higher if a good unit is out there. We may still go the iPad route. Decent speakers would be a real plus and USB c would be a huge seller for us.

If you want the App Store you have to get an iPad, and iPad's don't have USB-C ports.

Try this for older refurbished iPad's:

http://www.apple.com/ca/shop/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

I assume this is an error or something but Armello is 25% off but for some reason it comes out to $11.24 on Xbox One Store in Canada vs $14.99 USD. Seems the normal price is $19.99. Link

Canada Post strike news.....

CP24 ‏@CP24 53s53 seconds ago

BREAKING: Canada Post and the Canadian Union of Postal Workers have reached new tentative agreements. More information to come.

When the hell is someone going to accept my money in exchange for a psvr preorder? What a ridiculous problem to have.

I am concerned about mine. Preordered at an EB that closed down. They moved my order to another location close to my place but it comes up in their system under some weird name. There is probably going to be trouble.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Hurray time to buy something and have (almost) no fear of the mail

Damn it the amazon book deal is gone help what do I buy

ovii

I asked a few pages ago but here we go. Anyone know where I can get a PS TV for cheap? I searched Calgary Kijiji and checked Amazon. It's pretty expensive for something that was discontinued.

SickBoy

I am concerned about mine. Preordered at an EB that closed down. They moved my order to another location close to my place but it comes up in their system under some weird name. There is probably going to be trouble.

Ugh. The worst. I had a Guitar Hero II preorder back when the game was crazy popular. My EB didn't close down, but something happened and the SKU changed or something. So I arrive on release day and of course they're sold out and needless to say there isn't a copy for me.

There wasn't anything like your name issue, but basically I had a preorder for $70 or $80 or whatever in their system for essentially nothing. That sucked.

Clive

I asked a few pages ago but here we go. Anyone know where I can get a PS TV for cheap? I searched Calgary Kijiji and checked Amazon. It's pretty expensive for something that was discontinued.

You can find a used one on eBay for ~$60 with Buy Now, probably cheaper if you bid. That's pretty cheap.

Doki-Doki Universe is charming and unique, if difficult to describe.

If you don't have it on PC and don't care about multiplayer, the Vita port of Don't Starve is a solid alternative that's worth checking out.

thank you for recommending Doki-Doki Universe; dling it now!

also check out Whispering willows!!! oh my god what a fantastic little game

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...eme)/cid=UP2135-PCSE00633_00-WHISPERINGWILLOW

Ugh. The worst. I had a Guitar Hero II preorder back when the game was crazy popular. My EB didn't close down, but something happened and the SKU changed or something. So I arrive on release day and of course they're sold out and needless to say there isn't a copy for me.

There wasn't anything like your name issue, but basically I had a preorder for $70 or $80 or whatever in their system for essentially nothing. That sucked.

Email their customer service. They were excellent helping me out. Same day and they even phoned the store I had the issue with on my behalf.

UberTag

Attack on Titan PS4 shouldn't cost $79.99 on PSN, MSRP is $69.99 CAD. wth...
You're paying an extra $10 for the privilege of having the game permanently accessible on your account without the inconvenience of having to get up and swap discs... or having the burden of having to re-sell the game or loan it out to others afterwards.

CazTGG

Posted this in the game's Kickstarter thread thread but I thought it would be worth letting people in here who may have pre-ordered it know about it: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero's physical release appears to have been delayed.

Kyolux

Posted this in the game's Kickstarter thread thread but I thought it would be worth letting people in here who may have pre-ordered it know about it: Shantae: Half-Genie Hero's physical release appears to have been delayed.

I hope the kickstarted digital version isn't. :/

Ondore

When Nintendo announced their "Nindies Summer Jam" last week, it had Shantae down for October. I guess that's confirmed now.

Murdamonk

PSNOW for $99 worth it? I see they have shadow of the collosus...

It is working great for me (50d/10u connection) .. I had just extended my sub today..

Try the 7 days trial first and see if you like it or not.. Dont forget to deactivate the autorenew at the before the end of the trial, tho..

i-Jest

I wish they would put the bundle on sale as well. My download list is terrible enough without buying each dlc individually.

I hear you dude. While I don't purchase alot of DLC, I think I've my fair share of it (by my standards anyway); my Download List is full of games and browsing all those pages just makes me shake my head at how disorganized it all is. Common Sony, revamp the damn website interface. Which reminds me, I still have to buy all the DLC for the Dissidia games.

Attack on Titan PS4 shouldn't cost $79.99 on PSN, MSRP is $69.99 CAD. wth...

You're paying an extra $10 for the privilege of having the game permanently accessible on your account without the inconvenience of having to get up and swap discs... or having the burden of having to re-sell the game or loan it out to others afterwards.

Praise the all digital future. Long may it reign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom