• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deal?

I was looking for stuff on Best Buy's website and found $50 eShop cards. You can add it to your cart but it'll say it's not available online. Buy 2, click VISA Checkout and login, but it'll throw you back to the cart and tell you to reserve. However, the discount will remain when you reserve.

I remember someone here managed to get the discount with PSN cards but they had to override in-store.

Worth a try if you want to make the trip.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...wii-u-in-store-only-nintendo-50/10397091.aspx

Anyone had experience shipping with Costco for a TV? They use Sameday Worldwide, but I can't track the item, plus their website looks quite outdated.. Would be nice if I knew when to be home for the delivery!

Anyone had experience shipping with Costco for a TV? They use Sameday Worldwide, but I can't track the item, plus their website looks quite outdated.. Would be nice if I knew when to be home for the delivery!

Yes. I didnt get a ship notice email but the web portal had a UPS tracking number. Was basically same day.

When you right sameday, you mean the company or it got shipped on the same day lol I'm quite sceptical about same day delivery haha

I logged in to their web portal, saw that it had a tracking number assigned, went to UPS website and saw they received it that morning at like 6am and were delivering it same day (6:30pm is when it arrived).

Before that though it was backordered a week.

My order from Amazon arrived today, with my swear word colouring book (Fucksicles) and a USB and battery powered pencil sharpener from Ohuhu. It had good reviews.

I should have ordered something different, though, because the thing is DOA. It won't work with either power source. (Well, a family friend got it to work for a moment, by holding in the battery compartment's cover, which depressed the spring. But now even that won't make it work.)

Amazon customer service was great, though. They wanted me to ship it back, but I didn't know how that worked and hoped to avoid the hassle, so she just issued a refund.

Fularu

Banned
Amazon customer service was great, though. They wanted me to ship it back, but I didn't know how that worked and hoped to avoid the hassle, so she just issued a refund.
You print a label that they provide and putthe non working item in the box the replacement comes in

It's really not that hard

RaidenXZ

Anyone have any graphics card advice for me and maybe if there are any sales or who are the best people to buy from? Looking to pick myself up a Radeon RX480 :)

Trogdor1123

Folks, I need your guidance. I have been out of the computer scene for about 5 years. I have an HTPC I use that uses (if I remember right) an A4-3400 processor (no idea what socket this is) with 4 gigs of DDR3 ram. It seems ok but it does have issues with some things now days. The integrated video card was a nice plus. I have it paired up with some cheap mini mobo. Fast forward to this weekend, my uncle gave me an old CPU and mobo and im wondering if they would be better. He gave me a AMD Athlon II X4 640 and a gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P motherboard with 3x2gigs of DDR3 (no idea on speed).

I beleive that I would need to buy a new video card (low profile to fit my box) but would that be any kind of upgrade to my current system? What all info would you need other than the above to let me know.

If this would be an upgrade, what video card would you suggest? Its just for a HTPC, zero gaming.

In addition, would my windows 10 upgrade no longer work? I dont have the my windows 7 key any more due to losing it in a flood.

You print a label that they provide and putthe non working item in the box the replacement comes in

It's really not that hard

I assumed so. Just didn't want to have to bother unless I absolutely had to. I've never had a problem with anything else from Amazon, or contacted them for a replacement.

Is there anywhere that is confirmed to have the Valkyria Chronicles Remastered PS4 version with the first print steelbook/case in stock?

Amazon.ca doesn't list it, so I'm not comfortable with buying there, despite their $39.99+Free shipping.

Is there anywhere with the steelbook for the same price?

Banned
Deal?

I was looking for stuff on Best Buy's website and found $50 eShop cards. You can add it to your cart but it'll say it's not available online. Buy 2, click VISA Checkout and login, but it'll throw you back to the cart and tell you to reserve. However, the discount will remain when you reserve.

I remember someone here managed to get the discount with PSN cards but they had to override in-store.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...wii-u-in-store-only-nintendo-50/10397091.aspx
You didn't say what the deal was lol.

Gxgear

Is there anywhere that is confirmed to have the Valkyria Chronicles Remastered PS4 version with the first print steelbook/case in stock?

Amazon.ca doesn't list it, so I'm not comfortable with buying there, despite their $39.99+Free shipping.

Is there anywhere with the steelbook for the same price?

I don't think non-steelbook versions even exists in NA.

Deal?

I tried with Steam cards that went through but never got a confirmation email or call.

I don't think non-steelbook versions even exists in NA.

The Amazon.ca rep I spoke to couldn't confirm any steelbook editions in their inventory, and upon checking with the 'manufacturer', they contacted me with the following:

Hello,

This is a follow up email with regards to our chat conversation we had today.

I have confirmed with the Manufacturer and there is no steelbook included in the item.

If you wish; you can place the order with us however it will not be included.

I hope this helps!

Nothing else on the page confirms a steelbook, though the Amazon US page has community answers as new as 10 days ago that say it's likely still Steelbook there. (Though I don't want to play US price plus shipping.)

Do you still think Amazon.ca would be stocking the Steelbook, or know of any other Canadian retailer that has the steelbook in stock?

Ventara

The Amazon.ca rep I spoke to couldn't confirm any steelbook editions in their inventory, and upon checking with the 'manufacturer', they contacted me with the following:

Nothing else on the page confirms a steelbook, though the Amazon US page has community answers as new as 10 days ago that say it's likely still Steelbook there. (Though I don't want to play US price plus shipping.)

Do you still think Amazon.ca would be stocking the Steelbook, or know of any other Canadian retailer that has the steelbook in stock?

Do you live near a Bestbuy? If so and you want to try your luck, you can order a copy from Bestbuy online, and if it's not the steelbook version, you can just return it.

Xenoflare

I saw a stack full of Forza Horizon 2 at the Microsoft store today

god please let them have a sale on it when FH3 comes out

farisr

Well that deal was good enough for me.

Mirrors Edge Catalyst + Battlefront for a total of $50 (+tax).

Funny I was about to comment (but forgot to) in that PSN sale thread about how I would've picked up Mirrors Edge at that price (35.99) if it was in CAD, and just a a day later an even lower price than my hypothetical one ends up happening for the physical copy no less.

Perfect.

Also, really looking forward to that VR X-Wing mission.

Zeeman

Best Buy has a sale going on. I haven't looked too closely, but I saw a few 3DS games on sale for $30, including both Fire Emblem Fates, Hyrule Warriors Legends and Yokai Watch. Very tempted to grab Legends, I don't think it's been cheaper.

Edit:Whoops, somehow missed all the posts above about it

Windam

Scaley member
So UC4 isn't actually on sale? Shows as $49.99 on the sale page but both the product page and cart pages show it as $79.99. :(

killroy87

Don't forget. If anyone is in the market for a good 4K TV, today is the last day of Costco's sale on the Vizio line. The P-series, their new series, is pricier than some models, but is by far the best value around for the feature set (and considered to be one of the best lines of 4K sets out there). The older M-series is still very good too.

For those attending Fan Expo here in Toronto. EB Games is doing their usual expo sales at their booth at the convention. If I'm reading this flyer correctly, it looks like Digimon PS4 is $34.99, Quantum Break is $19.99, Rare Replay is $5, and Far Cry Primal is $29.99. Probably gonna get QB and Digimon since those appear to be their historic lows

For those attending Fan Expo here in Toronto. EB Games is doing their usual expo sales at their booth at the convention. If I'm reading this flyer correctly, it looks like Digimon PS4 is $34.99, Quantum Break is $19.99, Rare Replay is $5, and Far Cry Primal is $29.99. Probably gonna get QB and Digimon since those appear to be their historic lows

Ridiculous deal

Hey guys, is this Macbook Pro a good deal?

I could use a new laptop and have always wanted a Macbook, and Best Buy has them on sale in their VIP sale, so...

Is there any chance of them being cheaper within the next few months? I don't need it right away, and I'm not familiar with how often sales occur on Macs.

ohlawd

just for the expo? I'd get QB $20 if it was nationwide

Hey guys, is this Macbook Pro a good deal?

I could use a new laptop and have always wanted a Macbook, and Best Buy has them on sale in their VIP sale, so...

Is there any chance of them being cheaper within the next few months? I don't need it right away, and I'm not familiar with how often sales occur on Macs.

There should be a new MBP being announced next Wednesday actually so if you can wait you might wanna wait it out for that new one.

just for the expo? I'd get QB $20 if it was nationwide

This flier seems to indicate that's the case. I can't imagine they'll stay expo exclusive forever though. At the very least, they'll probably hit those prices nationwide in the next month or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom