• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

daevv

Got an email from Amazon today. They are still looking to get me a copy of the Mega Man Gold Amiibo bundle that I preordered.

jitterbug

Neo Member
Got an email from Amazon today. They are still looking to get me a copy of the Mega Man Gold Amiibo bundle that I preordered.

They have also been cancelling people's orders for the 20th Anniversary Pokemon 3ds bundle. At least from the last round of pre-orders/orders. Hopefully they don't cancel on you.

Since the price hike, has anyone else been holding off on picking up games? I'm at a point where it doesn't seem worth picking up games on launch day, especially with all the bugs and issues they typically launch with. I've skipped Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 due to the price alone, and will probably sit on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Uncharted 4 too.

The only game I'm considering picking up this month is TrackMania: Turbo due to the cheaper price tag, and that has the problem of being tied to uPlay (not to harp on, but it seriously is one of Rainbow Six: Siege's biggest issues).

I've bought exactly one game since the price hike: Megaman Legacy Collection 3DS, just because I figured the special edition with the Amiibo would be impossible to find later on. I'm not planning on buying any more until the price evens out.

Robert807

Yeah I got that pin coming with the division. They are shipping them separately. I got a tracking notice for the game and another one for the pin.

Betamax

Neo Member
So I asked Shuhei Yoshida about No Man's Sky LE for Canada. He got another marketing guy to double check for us in the great white north. Apparently not one Canadian store picked it up. So it looks like Canada will NOT be getting the LE. Man the LE is the nicest I have seen in a long time. That Art book and steel-book look so nice!!

Why wouldn't a Canadian retailer want it? Seems very weird to me. Oh well, America here I come!

https://twitter.com/Pansonic_/status/706005887203172353

32y2XTdl.png

EDIT: I have been calling the Limited Edition, the "Collectors Edition" They are very different from one another. I apologize.
The Limited Edition for the PS4 is NOT coming to Canada.

TheWorst

So I asked Shuhei Yoshida about No Man's Sky CE for Canada. He got another marketing guy to double check for us in the great white north. Apparently not one Canadian store picked it up. So it looks like Canada will NOT be getting the CE. Man the CE is the nicest I have seen in a long time. That Art book and steel-book look so nice!!

Why wouldn't a Canadian retailer want it? Seems very weird to me. Oh well. Overpriced America here I come!

32y2XTd.png

Ugh :(

Who can I preorder from in the US, then?

Faenix1

It's great to be in Canada these days.

-Games are stupidly priced, even if it makes sense from an exchange perspective. $80+ for games is just silly. I don't know how some people can afford it.
-Games, and certain editions, don't get stocked. Still no reasonably priced Gravity Rush..
-Waiting for games to hit $40 is hit and miss. More often then not the store doesn't have near enough copies for all those who want it. (hate myself for skipping over Mad Max PS4 for $30. Wtf was I thinking!)

Ryne

So I asked Shuhei Yoshida about No Man's Sky CE for Canada. He got another marketing guy to double check for us in the great white north. Apparently not one Canadian store picked it up. So it looks like Canada will NOT be getting the CE. Man the CE is the nicest I have seen in a long time. That Art book and steel-book look so nice!!

Why wouldn't a Canadian retailer want it? Seems very weird to me. Oh well, America here I come!

Wow, no one picked it up? Completely disappointing.

daevv

They have also been cancelling people's orders for the 20th Anniversary Pokemon 3ds bundle. At least from the last round of pre-orders/orders. Hopefully they don't cancel on you.

Hope they do not cancel. If they do, anyone know how Amazon refunds a gift card that was applied? Used a $25 GC on the Mega Man bundle.

i-Jest

Burgers

Neo Member
Wow, no one picked it up? Completely disappointing.

I guess most retailers figured it would be a hard sale with the state our dollar is in and that it wouldn't be worth the effort for the small number of people interested. It is a shame. I wonder if this will continue to be a trend

the3ye

wow, what's up with Xenoblade Chronicles 3D in Canada? Can't find it anywhere, and the third-party sellers sell them for sick prices...

TUSR

Banned
wow, what's up with Xenoblade Chronicles 3D in Canada? Can't find it anywhere, and the third-party sellers sell them for sick prices...

there was a bunch kicking around my local best buy last week

ive never not seen them in stock, outside of release week

i-Jest

They did know since it was offered, but nobody picked it up.

Welp, I'll just buy the standard version when it goes on sale for a decent price. Besides, it's what $79 USD? That's probably between $115 and $120 CAD, I don't know the actual conversion. The premium would have scared away most buyers interested getting the game with extra goodies anyway. I guess retailers thought it just wasn't worth it to stock them if the returns were going to be to low to justify buying stock.

there was a bunch kicking around my local best buy last week

ive never not seen them in stock, outside of release week

Same, saw at 2 EBs last week.

Rare games, always ask at the counter. Undoubtedly someone looking for a buck will trade in even the rarest of games.

Sajjaja

Has The Last of Us Remastered ever dropped to a decent price anywhere? Or if anyone is willing to sell me a code on the cheap, let me know.

Why is it still like $50 at stores.

Gravidee

So I haven't been seeing many copies of FFX HD PS4 in stores lately. And it's not on Amazon anymore either. Is the game being discontinued?

farisr

So I haven't been seeing many copies of FFX HD PS4 in stores lately. And it's not on Amazon anymore either. Is the game being discontinued?
I don't know about discontinuation but it was on sale for $20 at best buy and amazon last week and it sold out pretty quickly, but at bestbuy the price is back up to 29.99 (still sold out), so it seems like they still have plans to sell it/may get more stock in.

i-Jest

Is factory direct.ca legit? They've got a refurbished tablet that i've been looking at for about $200 off.

My friend bought earphones from their retail location before with no issue. I'd like to think the website is on the up and up.

Anyone else care to chime in?

Sajjaja

Is factory direct.ca legit? They've got a refurbished tablet that i've been looking at for about $200 off.
Ahhhh factory direct. I forgot they existed lol. Had no problems with their store before so I'd assume their online front is legit as well.

My friend bought earphones from their retail location before with no issue. I'd like to think the website is on the up and up.

Anyone else care to chime in?

I've bought refurbished Logitech headsets for my dad so he could use them for Skype and a laptop AC adapter from them in the past. The Logitechs we garbage and broke within a few weeks and the replacement had poor sound quality in the left ear. The AC adapter was new, the brand was Targus or something like that, broke within 6 months.

Those were cheap though, I definitely wouldn't buy something like a tablet from them unless it's a really good price. At that point you may as well buy one those RCA android tablets Walmart carries for like $50 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom