• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
Do you guys do PC part recommendations?

I'm building my first PC build (i'm currently using a 3 year old laptop that has 3GB of a 770m in it and an i7 processor, fun times) and I'm just trying to choose a video card that's no more than 500$ish dollars canadian, but the lower the better. I'm trying to be able to do 1080p at high/max settings at 60fps hopefully for the next 3-4 years.

I'm trying to choose between a GTX 1060 and an RX 480. They both fall into my price range, but they each have their own issues. The RX 480 seems to get loud and hot (I've seen reviews where it goes and stays over 80c) very fast, but it's cheaper and it works better with certain games. Meanwhile, the GTX 1060 is more expensive, but it's quieter, runs cooler, and is better than the RX 480 in most games that I've seen. The main downside with it is the increased price and the fact that it doesn't support SLI.

Any tips? Suggestions? Please?

The GTX 1060 I'm aiming for is this one:

http://www.shoprbc.com/ca/shop/product_details.php?pid=18457849

$327 currently, it's the 6GB version, and it's tiny!

Edit: Plus, there's a timely thread!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1277193

1337Sauce

Is it safe to cancel games from my Amazon order as long as I stay over three or whatever the required number was? I initially pre-ordered 27, but I would just like to cancel Recore for this week as I plan on picking it up at a later time. Just wanted to make sure that this won't remove the discounts on the other games!

kevin1025

Banned
Is it safe to cancel games from my Amazon order as long as I stay over three or whatever the required number was? I initially pre-ordered 27, but I would just like to cancel Recore for this week as I plan on picking it up at a later time. Just wanted to make sure that this won't remove the discounts on the other games!

As long as you stay at three or more in the order, you're good to go!

lupinko

Should I wait for a sale for Bloodborne Complete Edition on PSN or just buy it later this month?

I mean $49.99 is a pretty good price already.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm sort of still leaning towards the 1060, but just a quick question. Does it matter how much memory I get with it? As in, is there a huge difference between 3GB and 6GB if I'm just planning on 1080p gaming? Thanks

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm sort of still leaning towards the 1060, but just a quick question. Does it matter how much memory I get with it? As in, is there a huge difference between 3GB and 6GB if I'm just planning on 1080p gaming? Thanks

Don't get the 3gb... The 6gb isn't that much more and it'll future proof you more. I mean you're already paying a few hundred, might as well pay a bit more for a more substantial upgrade. I was actually surprised they're charging that much for a 3gb card when the 6gb 1060s are decently priced for the performance level.

Tapejara

Damn. Got an email from Amazon telling me I had to change the payment method on my Recore order, and after doing so the order page is telling me it's going to arrive next week instead of tomorrow. Going to be disappointed if that's the case, but I can't complain much when the game was only $31 after taxes.

Kyolux

Damn. Got an email from Amazon telling me I had to change the payment method on my Recore order, and after doing so the order page is telling me it's going to arrive next week instead of tomorrow. Going to be disappointed if that's the case, but I can't complain much when the game was only $31 after taxes.

Don't worry, it's just training for you to learn to wait. Apparently the game's loading are long. :/

I was interested in the game, but now I'll wait for a sale given the not too hot reception I've seen so far.

Xenoflare

if i were to sell my 3ds xl, would i lose my downloaded games permanently thus being unable to redownload them on another 3ds console later?

Sadly yes, you will need another 3ds first to transfer on it before you sell it, which kinda defeats the purpose if you are selling it for cash.

Tapejara

Don't worry, it's just training for you to learn to wait. Apparently the game's loading are long. :/

I was interested in the game, but now I'll wait for a sale given the not too hot reception I've seen so far.

Yeah, the technical issues are certainly a bummer. But if I'm getting it next week that hopefully enough time for Comcept to put out a patch.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
if i were to sell my 3ds xl, would i lose my downloaded games permanently thus being unable to redownload them on another 3ds console later?

Call Nintendo and they will transfer the game licenses to your new 3DSXL. Save data will be gone though unless you back it up.

Kyolux

Call Nintendo and they will transfer the game licenses to your new 3DSXL. Save data will be gone though unless you back it up.

Is there a time limit for this? Let's say I sell my 3DS once I'm done with Phoenix Wright in a few weeks.

And in 2 years they release something on 3DS I really gotta play. Would I still be able to transfer those?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Is there a time limit for this? Let's say I sell my 3DS once I'm done with Phoenix Wright in a few weeks.

And in 2 years they release something on 3DS I really gotta play. Would I still be able to transfer those?

I really don't think there is a time limit. I dropped coffee on my 3DS, bought a new 3DS a week or two later. A quick phone call and they had my licenses transferred over.

Kyolux

I really don't think there is a time limit. I dropped coffee on my 3DS, bought a new 3DS a week or two later. A quick phone call and they had my licenses transferred over.

Cool. Good to know. I'll consider it then. As beyond the Phoenix Wright games and Link Between Worlds, there's not much I liked on 3DS.

khaaan

Are you going through a specific trade program? I only ask because when I traded my 3DS XL for a n3DS XL at EB Games they let me take it home to transfer everything and then bring it back in to complete the trade in. Most places probably won't let you do that though.

I'm on the Slim train, Edge bumped me up to just under $200 + you get an additional $50 off if I have read that right.

So, what's the status on audio output, is it gone for the Slim?

zroid

Banned
Are you going through a specific trade program? I only ask because when I traded my 3DS XL for a n3DS XL at EB Games they let me take it home to transfer everything and then bring it back in to complete the trade in. Most places probably won't let you do that though.
I'm not sure but I think EB has a policy for this now. like they'll refund you the trade credit after you bring the system back post transfer.

Stat!

When does Amazon send out a shipping notification? Ordered NHL 17 and could I expect the notification on Monday or Tuesday?

Stat!

Depends on what kind of shipping you went with and where you live. They may not ship it out until 1-2 days after release.

E3 shipping. But its telling me it won't ship till 2 days post release and not in my hands until the 22nd-28th. Ugh.

I live in Toronto. About 30 minutes from the Amazon depot in Mississauga.

Kyolux

E3 shipping. But its telling me it won't ship till 2 days post release and not in my hands until the 22nd-28th. Ugh.

I live in Toronto. About 30 minutes from the Amazon depot in Mississauga.

They're probably just trying to scare you into upgrading your shipping as they usually do. It does happen though that they take their sweet time. But once it's shipped.. it should be there for you next day at worse.

soultron

Banned
Did anyone else's Amazon.ca pre-order for The Last Guardian mysteriously disappear from their Open Orders? I can't find my pre-order for it now and I did it during the E3 offer.

Kyolux

Did anyone else's Amazon.ca pre-order for The Last Guardian mysteriously disappear from their Open Orders? I can't find my pre-order for it now and I did it during the E3 offer.

Contact them. Probably an error occurred when they changed the date to December ?

My Book Depository order arrived today, as did the one Amazon shipped on Saturday. I'm pretty impressed with both companies.

The tattoo colouring book I ordered from BD shipped from the UK, of course, and as happens it got damaged slightly during transit. Someone must have dropped the carboard sleeve on its corner or rammed it into something, because the corner is a bit banged up. It's not a big deal, though, so I'm trying not to let it bug me.

Canon

Banned
What's a good deal on a cheap video card? I own a Radeon HD 5830 from 2009 and I just want to run WoW on high settings... Something like the gtx 750 is what I want in terms of power... Not necessarily that same card. Don't wanna spend more than 150 bucks.

kennah

What's a good deal on a cheap video card? I own a Radeon HD 5830 from 2009 and I just want to run WoW on high settings... Something like the gtx 750 is what I want in terms of power... Not necessarily that same card. Don't wanna spend more than 150 bucks.
Used 780 can be found in that price if you look around. Or wait a couple weeks for the 1050 to release.

soultron

Banned
Contact them. Probably an error occurred when they changed the date to December ?

Chatting with them now. I can see that I purchased it when I go to the store listing on Amazon.ca and it links me to the Order (it's the only remaining item on an order list of 3 other things that were delivered) but I can't see that same Order from my Open Orders page.

EDIT: It's still coming with the discount. Phew!

I had ordered it during E3 2015, I believe. I got UC4, UC Collection, Tearaway Unfolded, Ratchet & Clank, and TLG all in one order for the 30% off discount. The other 4 items have shipped, leaving TLG as the last open item on that order. For some reason, it's not showing up on my Open Orders page anymore, despite still having 1 unreleased item in it. But, if I go to the store page for TLG, it does indeed show that I purchased it and then links to the mystery order that's missing from my Open Orders page. Crisis averted.

Chatting with them now. I can see that I purchased it when I go to the store listing on Amazon.ca and it links me to the Order (it's the only remaining item on an order list of 3 other things that were delivered) but I can't see that same Order from my Open Orders page.

You reminded me that I needed to cancel some "filler" TLG orders for getting the promo on other games...

Grimsen

The tattoo colouring book I ordered from BD shipped from the UK, of course, and as happens it got damaged slightly during transit. Someone must have dropped the carboard sleeve on its corner or rammed it into something, because the corner is a bit banged up. It's not a big deal, though, so I'm trying not to let it bug me.

Well, depends on how much you paid. If it was somewhat expensive, it might be a good idea to get the book replaced.

Madness

Debating whether to get last years 50" Sony 120 hz and 1080p/3D tv for about $540ish or this years XBR49X800D which has 4K and HDR but only 60 hz and no 3D and is about $900ish etc for me. Thoughts? I hate how anything below 50" is low to mid end unless you get the Samsung 49" 9000 which is like $2200+.

Debating whether to get last years 50" Sony 120 hz and 1080p/3D tv for about $540ish or this years XBR49X800D which has 4K and HDR but only 60 hz and no 3D and is about $900ish etc for me. Thoughts? I hate how anything below 50" is low to mid end unless you get the Samsung 49" 9000 which is like $2200+.

Opinion: wait a year on HDR. Input lag drop plus price drop. Also gives you a better idea re content available.

1080p sets are so low priced right now its almost disposable.

chrono01

In one Amazon.ca order, I have:

- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X
- Trails of Cold Steel 2
- God Eater 2 Rage Burst
- MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death

Project Diva X and God Eater 2 were released on August 30th, and Trails of Cold Steel 2 on September 6th. MeiQ is bring released tomorrow. Amazon is probably waiting until MeiQ is released, to send them all in one big order, but Prime or no-Prime, there's no reason I should have to wait TWO WEEKS for my Project Diva X and God Eater 2. To make matters worse, there was a pre-order bonus for Project Diva X (carrying case) that I probably won't even receive anymore, since I'll likely receive a game from the second (or third) shipment. Amazon.ca doesn't even have any copies of the game right now...

I know a lot of people complain about Amazon.ca and their shipping in here, and I apologize for adding to the pile, but I just needed to get this off my chest. I'm almost tempted to cancel all of my games with them, E3 discount or not, and just pay a premium by buying the games elsewhere. I feel dirty for supporting Amazon.ca and the way they treat their customers.

Well, depends on how much you paid. If it was somewhat expensive, it might be a good idea to get the book replaced.

I paid $13.35

It's a colouring book I'd wanted, and a pretty nice one, which is normally about $20 at Chapters. The corner is definitely pushed in, but it's not awful.

I don't think it's really worth asking, to be honest, given that it happened in transit and could very well just happen again with an overseas shipment.

EDIT: What the Hell, I let them know. Maybe it'll help improve shipping methods (ie. more durable cardboard.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom