• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Am I doing the math wrong? My copy of NHL 17 shipped but didn't apply 20% off from the e3 deal correctly?? At 17%?

Item Subtotal: CDN$ 79.96
Shipping and handling: CDN$ 0.00
E3 20% Off: -CDN$ 13.94
Tax Calculated (GST/HST): CDN$ 3.30
Tax Calculated (PST/QST): CDN$ 0.00
Total: CDN$ 69.32

ohlawd

20℅ of 79.96 is 15.992 and that number doesn't match whatever Amazon has

contact CS and tell them their math is off. they should refund you

NYR

Thanks man, I thought it was some fine print scam or something, had no issues with Amazon before, and am a Prime member and pre ordered all my games from them last year.

Thanks man, I thought it was some fine print scam or something, had no issues with Amazon before, and am a Prime member and pre ordered all my games from them last year.

This year's E3 sale was completely messed up in terms of math and was never corrected. They'll fix them if you complain though.

Am I doing the math wrong? My copy of NHL 17 shipped but didn't apply 20% off from the e3 deal correctly?? At 17%?

Item Subtotal: CDN$ 79.96
Shipping and handling: CDN$ 0.00
E3 20% Off: -CDN$ 13.94
Tax Calculated (GST/HST): CDN$ 3.30
Tax Calculated (PST/QST): CDN$ 0.00
Total: CDN$ 69.32

Oh sweet jeebus, the amount of trouble I had trying to tell them that their math was off during the e3 sales with my preorders. They kept saying that the mistakes would be sorted after the items shipped. I ended up cancelling everything i ordered because of it because I had a feeling it wasnt going to happen. Looks like I was right.

I wish you the best of luck in getting it adjusted. They might do a better job since the item has already shipping with the mistake still there, but theres always that chance of them doing the ol'. "I'll forward this to the marketing team and they'll email you back" line.

i-Jest

Should I wait for a sale for Bloodborne Complete Edition on PSN or just buy it later this month?

I mean $49.99 is a pretty good price already.

At this point, I don't know if they'll ever make a complete edition, digital or retail, but that's a pretty good price to get Bloodborne at imo.

If it's fine with you then do it.

lupinko

At this point, I don't know if they'll ever make a complete edition, digital or retail, but that's a pretty good price to get Bloodborne at imo.

If it's fine with you then do it.

Uh the one I'm talking about for $49 is the "Complete Edition" version. It's the base game and DLC. It even says so on the PS Store listing.

Ondore

In one Amazon.ca order, I have:

- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X
- Trails of Cold Steel 2
- God Eater 2 Rage Burst
- MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death

Project Diva X and God Eater 2 were released on August 30th, and Trails of Cold Steel 2 on September 6th. MeiQ is bring released tomorrow. Amazon is probably waiting until MeiQ is released, to send them all in one big order, but Prime or no-Prime, there's no reason I should have to wait TWO WEEKS for my Project Diva X and God Eater 2. To make matters worse, there was a pre-order bonus for Project Diva X (carrying case) that I probably won't even receive anymore, since I'll likely receive a game from the second (or third) shipment. Amazon.ca doesn't even have any copies of the game right now...

I know a lot of people complain about Amazon.ca and their shipping in here, and I apologize for adding to the pile, but I just needed to get this off my chest. I'm almost tempted to cancel all of my games with them, E3 discount or not, and just pay a premium by buying the games elsewhere. I feel dirty for supporting Amazon.ca and the way they treat their customers.

I think the same thing's going to happen with me: I've got Psycho-Pass Vita (tomorrow), SMT Apocalypse (20th), Sonic Boom (27th) and Exist Archive (October 18th) in one order that's supposed to be delivered by the 7th.

If the PSN price for PsychoPass is anywhere near the E3 price, I'll just digital it and see if that frees things up.

Madness

Opinion: wait a year on HDR. Input lag drop plus price drop. Also gives you a better idea re content available.

1080p sets are so low priced right now its almost disposable.

That's what I am thinking. I think the 1080p for now, and then as 4K and HDR/Dolby Vision/UHD Premium get better and prices drop, get again in 1-2 years etc.

Has anyone's copy of DQ7 shipped yet?

Getting pretty anxious about Best Buy screwing up my order, as it's set to arrive "as early as Jan 02"

dd6dfc92a7.png

ohlawd

My ReCore shipped. I'll keep it despite the reviews because it should be worth at least $18.

the reviews don't bother me at all but gee, $18? got mine for $28 before tax

That happened a little while ago, with Best Buy not carrying the game in store

ah alright. 60 x 25 still nets me the $20 RZ cert so I'm good

Has anyone's copy of DQ7 shipped yet?

Getting pretty anxious about Best Buy screwing up my order, as it's set to arrive "as early as Jan 02"

dd6dfc92a7.png
slow down lol. ask this question again when it's Thursday night.

the reviews don't bother me at all but gee, $18? got mine for $28 before tax

ah alright. 60 x 25 still nets me the $20 RZ cert so I'm good

slow down lol. ask this question again when it's Thursday night.
haven't ordered anything from best buy in years, so I was expecting a delivery estimate like Amazon.

Good to know that there's no problem then.

Stat!

They're probably just trying to scare you into upgrading your shipping as they usually do. It does happen though that they take their sweet time. But once it's shipped.. it should be there for you next day at worse.

Day of for NHL 17 and it still hasn't shipped. I get that I might not get it till another day but not shipping it out to till the 16th so I don't get it till anywhere from the 22nd to the 28th is insane. I'm hoping I still get it today but given that my card hasn't even been charged. Im skeptical.

Could I just get a copy at ebgames and then return the Amazon copy a week or two later or would that not work?

Quick

Banned
Anybody got the scoop on Uniqlo pricing in Canada? I'm going to assume it won't be a straight conversion from USD to CAD.

i-Jest

Uh the one I'm talking about for $49 is the "Complete Edition" version. It's the base game and DLC. It even says so on the PS Store listing.

At the time, I clearly miscomprehended what I read. Yeah, I'd say it's worth the purchase. If you want to wait, you got that option too. It's not like your fiending to play, righting?

Anybody got the scoop on Uniqlo pricing in Canada? I'm going to assume it won't be a straight conversion from USD to CAD.

There's actually a Uniqlo pop-up shop inside a hipster store in my neighbourhood in advance of the actual Uniqlo opening, I've been meaning to check it out anyways so I can report back.

Stat!

Embarrassing Amazon "Support"

So I wouldn't be getting NHL 17 on release. Thats fine. Others are getting their game shipped, but maybe I have to wait a day? They said the earliest they could get it to me was September 21.

They could not get me faster shipping without cancelling my entire E3 order and losing the 20%.

Then after being put on hold twice for 10 and 15 minutes, and on the call for 30 minutes, they pushed me to sign up for an Amazon Visa Card.

I legit sat their stunned and just cancelled my game order.

Embarrassing Amazon "Support"

So I wouldn't be getting NHL 17 on release. Thats fine. But they said the earliest they could get it to me was September 21.

They could not get me faster shipping without cancelling my entire E3 order and losing the 20%.

Then after being put on hold twice for 10 and 15 minutes, and on the call for 30 minutes, they pushed me to sign up for an Amazon Visa Card.

I legit sat their stunned and just cancelled my game order.

Did you use free super saver shipping cause it pretty much tells you when you pick that option that you wont get it for a week.

Stat!

Did you use free super saver shipping cause it pretty much tells you when you pick that option that you wont get it for a week.

Others have used free shipping and have gotten theirs shipped on release. Heck, I have as well. Its not so much the we couldn't get it to you faster but after all of that, you push your visa card on me or suggest I should just cancel my order and re-do it without the e3 deals? Like thats insane. I bought an item off of NCIX for like 80$ and I got free shipping within the next day. Amazon, Im spending like $350+ and I can't get next day anyways but at the very least, delayed compared to others who have gotten theirs shipped?

I'm just ranting. I know its not a big deal in the long run but still kinda sucks.

Ondore

Some newsy bits:

- Psycho-Pass is $66.99 (PS4)/$53.49 (Vita) on PSN. This leaves me between a rock and a hard place since I have no clue if Amazon's shipping my discounted (by $3) copy sometime this quarter.

- There's going to be a Pokemon Sun and Moon New 3DSXL, but it's coming out two weeks later in Canada for some bizarre reason which lands its release date on Remembrance Day.

Looks like Recore isn't coming on release day, continuing the trend of Amazon Prime never giving me games on release day.
Good news is that every time this happens, I get a free month of Prime. I'm up to over a year free now!

Kyolux

Others have used free shipping and have gotten theirs shipped on release. Heck, I have as well. Its not so much the we couldn't get it to you faster but after all of that, you push your visa card on me or suggest I should just cancel my order and re-do it without the e3 deals? Like thats insane. I bought an item off of NCIX for like 80$ and I got free shipping within the next day. Amazon, Im spending like $350+ and I can't get next day anyways but at the very least, delayed compared to others who have gotten theirs shipped?

I'm just ranting. I know its not a big deal in the long run but still kinda sucks.

It's infuriating. A lot of Amazon.ca customer reps seems to need some training into customer service/empathy/etc. and get someone to teach them that asking someone to cancel their discount is not something you do.

Tapejara

Thx bud, looked earlier but didn't see it.

I only knew about it because I saw it while I was browsing games this morning. Went to find it using the search bar when I saw your post and it didn't even pop up! Had to look for it manually by filtering through PS4 games.

Some newsy bits:

- Psycho-Pass is $66.99 (PS4)/$53.49 (Vita) on PSN. This leaves me between a rock and a hard place since I have no clue if Amazon's shipping my discounted (by $3) copy sometime this quarter.

- There's going to be a Pokemon Sun and Moon New 3DSXL, but it's coming out two weeks later in Canada for some bizarre reason which lands its release date on Remembrance Day.

Amazon is taking forever to ship Psycho-Pass? I had a similar problem with the Touhou game, where Amazon wouldn't give a delivery estimate (I ended up just cancelling it before release). Wonder if there's a supply issue with NISA's titles?

kaiyo

To be fair the mark up is probably way higher on that 1 item vs ~5 games with 20% discount and having to ship it 1 time vs 5 different times are different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom