• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin1025

Banned
What does that take you to then? With the 50 off and the 10% together? Anyone? I have a CUH-1000 launch unit.

I remember someone mentioning you get $125 for a PS4 now? So if that's the real number, you're getting $137.50 for your trade-in, and $50 off the $379.99 slim. So with taxes (13% tax in this example), the slim would cost you $241.89, unless there's Platinum bonuses and such.

MrNineties

I remember someone mentioning you get $125 for a PS4 now? So if that's the real number, you're getting $137.50 for your trade-in, and $50 off the $379.99 slim. So with taxes (13% tax in this example), the slim would cost you $241.89, unless there's Platinum bonuses and such.

Thanks, Kev! That sounds like crap, so I'll be passing. Haha

Yasumi

Banned
Was at the mall today and they had a PSVR demo at EB Games.

Eve Valkyrie was pretty neat, wasn't super blown away by it though. Definitely not $550+ blown away.

eyesradar

Eve Valkyrie was pretty neat, wasn't super blown away by it though. Definitely not $550+ blown away.

I tried Valkyrie and the shark demo at Sherway the other day. Frame rates are good but yeah not def. not $550+ blown away. Especially since GT Sports got delayed into 2017.

soultron

Banned
Any idea on when the next point redemption event at SDM will be? I have something like 200$ in points I've been sitting on for several years.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Any idea on when the next point redemption event at SDM will be? I have something like 200$ in points I've been sitting on for several years.

There'll definitely be a couple more spend event before the end of the year, but I haven't been keeping track of them. I'm hoping SDM will carry the PS4 Slim and I can finally unload my points on something useful.

Moltenix

I said they had trade-in bonuses, never said anything bout them being good! :p

I might bite on the trade 5 for 100 though. Got some stuff on the list that's just collecting dust.

Tapejara

Out of curiosity I decided to look at phone plans, and what the hell happened? All I see are "deals" for phones on $80-$90/month plans (Ontario). Good thing I'm not looking to upgrade.

Lexxism

Out of curiosity I decided to look at phone plans, and what the hell happened? All I see are "deals" for phones on $80-$90/month plans (Ontario). Good thing I'm not looking to upgrade.
Yeah, it's getting shit. BYOD plans is the future unless you got a grandfathered plan from robellus. I'm perfectly happy with Public Mobile while my dad is on Zoomer (under Cityfone which is reseller of Rogers)

AzerPhire

That has to be US trade value. Two weeks ago with the promo they had for the XB1 S the 500gb Ps4 was $200 base and $240 with platinum edge.

kevin1025

Banned
That has to be US trade value. Two weeks ago with the promo they had for the XB1 S the 500gb Ps4 was $200 base and $240 with platinum edge.

It could be, for sure. Looking on Best Buy, they're offering $150. I thought I'd read somewhere that they dropped the trade price because the slim is only a couple of days out now, and so the trade-in will drop along with the price drop. But you definitely could be right. Best to phone and make sure!

Just cancelled my copy of Recore from Amazon.ca. I ordered it in june and was paying for 2 day shipping, and instead of getting it release day on sept 13, it was set to arrive sept 22. Great job, amazon, really makes me want to sign up for prime when you can't fulfill express shipping until 9 days after release.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I remember getting a PS4 Last of Us bundle for $340+tax back in September 2014 (brief price error on Amazon). Hard to believe that's still the best deal there's been on PS4s.

Kyolux

Take this into consideration. Most of us in the PS VR demo thread consider EVE Valkyrie the worse demo of the ones available.

Battlezone, the London Heist and the shark tank for people that are less into games in general are the ones to try.

Hmm..my books shipped from Amazon this morning using Canada Post. I didn't know that they did anything much on weekends given that there's no mail delivery, but I guess they'd have to.

Kyolux

Hmm..my books shipped from Amazon this morning using Canada Post. I didn't know that they did anything much on weekends given that there's no mail delivery, but I guess they'd have to.

WTH man?! You changed your avatar! O.O

Anyway, yeah, they sometimes, but rarely ship stuff during the week-end.

WTH man?! You changed your avatar! O.O

Anyway, yeah, they sometimes, but rarely ship stuff during the week-end.

I wouldn't want a Blue Jays avatar right now either! ������

Haha, yeah

It's World Cup season. I'm obviously cheering for Canada, but also Team NA. I also really like our new Canadian logo.

I still cheer for the Blue Jays and watch them, but it's painful. So very painful. Plus, that avatar unfortunately didn't look great in the dark theme.

I might go to a Leafs logo, keep this, or use my Manson avatar afterwards. I'm conflicted.

prehaps the ac adaptor is dying, maybe i should get a new one but that price

09d815c87af34afdb8d79120a258876d.png

Yasumi

Banned
Take this into consideration. Most of us in the PS VR demo thread consider EVE Valkyrie the worse demo of the ones available.

Battlezone, the London Heist and the shark tank for people that are less into games in general are the ones to try.
Almost went for the underwater one, butts. I only tried Eve because the demo page said it had "Heavy VR," whatever that means. Oh well.

SickBoy

I tried Battlezone the first time and quite liked it. I went for a second demo and tried the London Heist but it was broken (the Move recognition wasn't working properly -- not a great way to demo your stuff!), so I gave EVE a shot. I didn't like it much at all.

I'm really 50/50 on the VR stuff. I have a preorder and a big pile of credit ready to go for it (and I found deals on Move controllers and a camera, the only bright spot of Superstore axing games)... however, I'm not certain I'll actually get it when it comes out. It's cool, but $550 is a lot of money, even if I have it more or less covered already.

Kyolux

Almost went for the underwater one, butts. I only tried Eve because the demo page said it had "Heavy VR," whatever that means. Oh well.

Well, if your plan is to not spend that much money. Maybe better to have stayed unconvinced to buy it. :p

Me, I'm going all in!

I tried Battlezone the first time and quite liked it. I went for a second demo and tried the London Heist but it was broken (the Move recognition wasn't working properly -- not a great way to demo your stuff!), so I gave EVE a shot. I didn't like it much at all.

I'm really 50/50 on the VR stuff. I have a preorder and a big pile of credit ready to go for it (and I found deals on Move controllers and a camera, the only bright spot of Superstore axing games)... however, I'm not certain I'll actually get it when it comes out. It's cool, but $550 is a lot of money, even if I have it more or less covered already.

Sucks that the move didn't work for Heist. For me it worked flawlessly. (Except for the guns at first, but it was me doing it wrong)

Yeah, I've been putting $25 each pay for this for a few months, so I have all that money saved up for it, so that helps. I also already have everything else. The only thing I need to worry about is my actual games budget.

I pre-ordered the PS4 Pro at EBGames today. They gave me 290$ for my OG PS4 and 8 various X360/PS3 games (including Edge and promo bonuses) that I traded in.

Do we know yet if the HDD in the PS4 Pro can be upgraded?

schlew

I just called the EB Games in Whitby and the TIV right now is $175 for a 500GB PS4. I may take advantage of that deal knowing that.

Why even consider trading in to EB? I'm seeing the PS4 go for $300+ on Kijiji.

I personally couldn't be bothered with Kijiji. I hate dealing with the weirdos that use those sites. I'd rather walk into EB and take whatever they'll give me without the worry of someone killing me and taking my eyes and skin.

Meh, I've sold plenty of things on Kijiji and haven't had a bad experience. I'd rather meet a weirdo at a coffee shop for five minutes than leave $150 on the table.

Eternia

Why even consider trading in to EB? I'm seeing the PS4 go for $300+ on Kijiji.
If that amount is pre-tax (so ~$327 when traded towards an item), it doesn't sound too bad. Getting 85-95% of what you might get from kijiji but relatively hassle-free has some value in itself. Although I'm usually more worried about hagglers and flakers than murderers. :p

kevin1025

Banned
I just called the EB Games in Whitby and the TIV right now is $175 for a 500GB PS4. I may take advantage of that deal knowing that.

That's a much better number. It must have been the US trade-in value I saw then, apologies! I'd still encourage to sell it independently, since you'd still make a ~$75 profit compared to the trade-in value plus the $50 off, but if you rather do a quick trade and pay, then $175+$50 off the slim is still a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom