• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

m23

Looks like Recore isn't coming on release day, continuing the trend of Amazon Prime never giving me games on release day.
Good news is that every time this happens, I get a free month of Prime. I'm up to over a year free now!

I guess I've been really lucky, I've gotten every game on launch day including recore. I do live close to a distribution centre so that probably has something to do with it.

I guess I've been really lucky, I've gotten every game on launch day including recore. I do live close to a distribution centre so that probably has something to do with it.

It's just games for me weirdly enough. Everything else I order comes in 2 days and blu rays come on release day every time. Maybe they are trying to help me from wasting time gaming when I have school and work...

suikodan

Arghhh

SFV Deluxe is 50$ on PSN and I try to add the Humble Bundle reduction code and it won't take it. Anyone knows if it could work?

EDIT: Doesn't seem to work either on regular SFV...

I feel like there isn't much rhyme or reason anymore to who gets what games on time and what gets delayed from Amazon. For example, someone complained about their Project Diva X order not shipping weeks after release, and I got mine on release day. Meanwhile, I've had plenty of games not arrive until days after (or weeks after!) release, and am currently closing in on a week wait for Trails of Cold Steel 2, which still hasn't shipped despite being in stock days ago. I wouldn't be surprised if a bunch of other people did get it on time.

I can't even chalk it up to Amazon grouping shipments anymore, because if they were applying that policy consistently then Project Diva X should've been grouped with Cold Steel 2, or my orders should have all shipped shortly after I cancelled ReCore. Luckily, none of the games I have on order are games I need to have day one; I've been slowly weaning myself off that habit ever since Amazon started to get really bad with shipping timing.

No_Style

Arghhh

SFV Deluxe is 50$ on PSN and I try to add the Humble Bundle reduction code and it won't take it. Anyone knows if it could work?

I knew the Deluxe edition didn't work with the code but what's going on with the regular code? Keep us updated if you get in touch with someone.

farisr

Interesting that Recore hasn't even shipped out yet (or even in "preparing to ship" stages) for me. Usually from what I've seen, even with e3 preorders, the less popular a game is, the more likely amazon ships it out before or on release day.

True Fire

SMT4:Apocalypse out next week. Is Amazon likely to mess up the 20% discount kuz of that drop to 59.99? :|

I'd talk to Amazon support asap. That's what I did after Pokemon's drop, and I'm still doubtful that they'll get the discount right. But at least I have written evidence that they intended to do so.

kevin1025

Banned
This has probably been asked a million times, but...

I'm getting a new (Visa) debit card sent to me, and it'll have a new expiry date and CVV code. With Amazon pre-orders, does it do anything screwy once you edit the order's payment method? Or it just swaps the info?

I remember someone mentioning way back that doing it resets your priority in the pre-order "line", or maybe that was with Best Buy?

This has probably been asked a million times, but...

I'm getting a new (Visa) debit card sent to me, and it'll have a new expiry date and CVV code. With Amazon pre-orders, does it do anything screwy once you edit the order's payment method? Or it just swaps the info?

I remember someone mentioning way back that doing it resets your priority in the pre-order "line", or maybe that was with Best Buy?

That's BB, Amazon is great about changing payment info.

Book Depository offered me a replacement copy or a 20% discount on a future purchase. Since I want to stop buying so many books, I went with the replacement copy and will probably give the damaged one away or something.

Book Depository offered me a replacement copy or a 20% discount on a future purchase. Since I want to stop buying so many books, I went with the replacement copy and will probably give the damaged one away or something.

You don't have to send the damaged copy back to them?

lupinko

Arghhh

The code works with regular SFV, I just tried it but I didn't go forward with it because the deal is not big enough, and I already have it physical.

I do want it digital though.

I'm guessing Amazon didn't get stock for Psycho-Pass? I personally haven't received my shipping notification for it yet, and looking in their site it looks like both versions are "Out of Stock". Sucks because I'm heading out overseas on Sunday and was hoping to play it.

N° 2048

I'm guessing Amazon didn't get stock for Psycho-Pass? I personally haven't received my shipping notification for it yet, and looking in their site it looks like both versions are "Out of Stock". Sucks because I'm heading out overseas on Sunday and was hoping to play it.

I had to order from EBGames only to find out an hour later my local shop has the Vita version in stock -.-

Wanted to start it today.

Same, they still haven't put a delivery estimate on the site and I preordered back in July.

Anybody got the scoop on Uniqlo pricing in Canada? I'm going to assume it won't be a straight conversion from USD to CAD.

Went and checked out the pop-up, and the prices seem not too bad compared to the U.S. MSRP. They had slim-fit selvedge stretch jeans for $59.90 vs $49.90 in the States (on sale online for $34.90 US though) and various casual button-up shirts for $29.90, which is equal to US MSRP (but some shirts are on sale online for $14.90 US). They had a bunch of ultra light down jackets, but there's multiple models and I can't tell the difference between them so whatever.

Overall it seems like the prices are in-line with the States MSRP after conversion at worst, and sometimes better, but the States has a bunch of stuff currently on sale that obviously will not be on sale because Uniqlo will be new and won't have to discount anything just yet. I probably would've walked out of there with some jeans except I don't think that store has a fitting room and I don't need jeans right now so I can wait until the actual store opening on the 30th.

This has been your International Discount Clothing Price Watch Report for September 2016. Join us next month when we gape at the ridiculous pricing from Nordstrom's! (not really because I don't think I'll actually buy anything from Nordstrom's)

No, which is nice.

They're in England.

Well, that's pretty awesome of them. I've bought from them before, but I've never had damaged goods. Might make me more likely to buy from them in the future if it means I don't have to pay for additional shipping just to send the item back.

Well, that's pretty awesome of them. I've bought from them before, but I've never had damaged goods. Might make me more likely to buy from them in the future if it means I don't have to pay for additional shipping just to send the item back.

Yeah, it is. I'd kind of expected it, though, given that I read online that someone else had been told the same thing.

I like them, and will probably order from them again sometime in the future, but I already have way too many colouring books (I have a problem) and have some pre-ordered. This was my first purchase through them.

I wasn't going to complain, but figured I may as well because the damage is distracting and bugs my OCD a bit.

Vinc

Got Recore today from Amazon. Why? UPS. That's all I know.
Mine said out for delivery, and said it was left at my door on the UPS site, but on Amazon it says they've asked the carrier to return the item to them and "will update when they know more". WTF? First time this happens... payment went through and everything and I had a guaranteed delivery date of today.

Grimsen

Very nice. I've also had nothing but good experiences with Bookdepository.

Kyolux

Mine said out for delivery, and said it was left at my door on the UPS site, but on Amazon it says they've asked the carrier to return the item to them and "will update when they know more". WTF? First time this happens... payment went through and everything and I had a guaranteed delivery date of today.

That's fucked up.

Maybe there was some crack stashed in the case and the amazon guy just realized..
/s

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Anyone have shipments go out late in August from AmiAmi (or Japan) ? I had a couple go out the third weekend of August and no update on tracking since going into the system in Japan. Registered SAL isn't the quickest, but usually in 2 weeks I have confirmation of arrival in Canada. Canada Post fuckery maybe?

eyesradar

Anyone have shipments go out late in August from AmiAmi (or Japan) ? I had a couple go out the third weekend of August and no update on tracking since going into the system in Japan. Registered SAL isn't the quickest, but usually in 2 weeks I have confirmation of arrival in Canada. Canada Post fuckery maybe?

count me in

Still waiting for my HG gyancelot and RG Sinanju since like last last week... No updates whatsoever

Very nice. I've also had nothing but good experiences with Bookdepository.

I hadn't heard of them until this thread, but it seems they're owned by Amazon.

The damage wasn't major, but I figured I'd be happier if I requested another copy. The corner was pushed in and is kind of ugly on an otherwise really nice looking book. (It's more elegant than most.)

I'm impressed, but kind of feel bad.

Renewed

If the last update you received was "dispatch from outward office of exchange" in Japan, then yeah Canada Post is screwing it up. I mentioned before that an AmiAmi order of mine that shipped arrived at the post office without any update to my online tracking. As a matter of fact, it's STILL not updated even after I picked it up. Keep an eye out for a delivery notice ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wonder why my custom controller is showing as having gone from China to the Phillipines to Anchorage, Alaska, then to Taiwan.

That can't be right.

chrono01

Any Canadian suckers buy Zero Time Dilemma for the watch? Did anyone get the stupid tax thing removed?
I'm still waiting to see if they fix things. If not, I won't bother and chalk it up to never supporting Aksys ever again.

I know, if you contact Customer Support and put in work, you might get a promise that they'll refund you on the import tax. You might even actually get it refunded. As for me, I'm not going to leave it to chance, especially since we're talking close to $70 for me. It's a free item, and while I'd love to have it (it's why I imported the damn game from the US in the first place, passing on the discounted E3 pre-orders), I'm not about to pay that much for it. I even went so far as to order both a 3DS and Vita copy, and I'm still only entitled to one watch. Apparently, you had to have them in separate orders to receive a watch with each, despite the website saying nothing to that effect.

So yeah, fun times.

Ondore

Holy shit. $50 MORE than the Pro and over $150 more than a normal Slim (that includes Uncharted 4 too). Is this engraved with real Moon dust or something?

...that isn't a Pro system? Just a Slim with 1TB internal and a game that'll be $30 inside of a quarter?

bakawind

Neo Member

My luck with registered SAL is between 3-4 weeks. I've pretty much been exclusively been using EMS these days since it's usually $2-$6 extra but I get it in 2-4 days.

Are y'all keeping your PSVR preorders? I'm undecided..

Mine is with Amazon, so I dunno if it would be easy to return or not if I have second thoughts.

chrono01

Are y'all keeping your PSVR preorders? I'm undecided..

Mine is with Amazon, so I dunno if it would be easy to return or not if I have second thoughts.
I'll wait until TGS ends to see if anything substantial is shown, but I'm leaning towards cancelling. It says a lot, that the games I'm most interested in playing on PSVR at launch, are those considered as being "extra" on actual full-fledged standard games (FXV and DOAX3). There's just nothing that interests me enough to put down as much money as they're asking, especially considering not much else has been shown/announced as coming in the future. RE7 might be fun, but I've heard the demo makes people nauseous...

But yeah, I'll probably cancel and use the saved money towards a PS4 Pro.

ohlawd

If the last update you received was "dispatch from outward office of exchange" in Japan, then yeah Canada Post is screwing it up. I mentioned before that an AmiAmi order of mine that shipped arrived at the post office without any update to my online tracking. As a matter of fact, it's STILL not updated even after I picked it up. Keep an eye out for a delivery notice ¯_(ツ)_/¯
mine actually updated when I checked earlier. what's the point if I get these updates after the item gets delivered?

chrono01

mine actually updated when I checked earlier. what's the point if I get these updates after the item gets delivered?
The way it's always worked for me is I receive the "dispatch from outward exchange" on my tracking (when using the Japan postal service tracking) and then, once it hits Canada, I use that same tracking number (on Canada Post's website) to track the progress from then onward. You won't receive another update on the Japanese postal office/tracking system after it leaves Japan, until it hits Canadian customs. Once it does, you can track it the rest of the way.

SAL can take a long time to reach customs, though. I once had to wait close to two months for a shipment, but generally it's around 3 weeks or so for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom