• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I snagged a used textbook off of Amazon (from a 3rd party seller) for $35 and Canada Post lost it. I ended up having to snag the new copy (no used ones left) from Amazon themselves for $170. There is a fiery rage inside me.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
A little off topic, but Toronto GAF is having our 9th meetup of the year in a week. We'd be happy to have you and we promise, you don't have to drink the soju.

Amazon just emailed me saying my order of SMT4A is expected over a week after release...the fuck? I'm a Prime member and I preordered this during E3.

Mine is at least a week late as well, but I'm just going to let it slide. I'm knee deep in TMS and I have Dragon Quest VII coming in on Monday. I really hate Amazon for these delays though, they've become progressively worse. At least with Best Buy, I know I'll get it the day / weekend after it releases.

superbad

I feel stupid. I went out and bought a $25 Amazon gift card to buy a couple more books with, as I had maybe $2 leftover in my balance. But I forgot about the $25 minimum and how much tax would be somehow.

I asked if there's a promo on right now, but there's not, so I guess I'll wait or pick up another gift card. The books won't be released for a while.

Off-topic, but have you received your custom Xbox controller yet? If so, how is it?

kswiston

Dragon Quest VII was the last of my legacy pre-orders at Bestbuy. I wish that Nintendo wasnt so fond of Friday releases. It always means that I have to wait until Tuesday or so to get my copy. Even Prime doesnt help much.

Addendum from one of my last comments: anyone ever had any luck reserving Steam gift cards for in-store pickup at Best Buy? Realized yesterday that that was an option, decided to try it but I haven't gotten the "come in and get your stuff" email from either of the two stores I tried.

Seriously, why the hell is it so hard to buy Steam cards from Best Buy? At this point I'm weighing whether I have the fortitude to call the stores near me (which are kind of halfway across the city) every week just to check Steam card stock or something equally ridiculous. If it wasn't for these eBay-purchased BB gift cards burning a hole in my wallet, I would've given up a long time ago.

Off-topic, but have you received your custom Xbox controller yet? If so, how is it?

I did on Thursday. It seems fine, and is quite nice.

I haven't fully opened it, but I did look at it. Reason being is that I hadn't showered. It's quite dusty from the packaging, so I've gotta' clean it off, but otherwise I'm quite impressed.

eyesradar

For these of you located in west GTA, there is an Nintendo official booth in Erin Mills Town Centre. They carry some exclusive Nintendo goods. Found out they have some Pokemon Go Plus in stock today. If you guys are looking for one you can try your luck there.

fdxJlXT.png

zroid

Banned
For these of you located in west GTA, there is an Nintendo official booth in Erin Mills Town Centre. They carry some exclusive Nintendo goods. Found out they have some Pokemon Go Plus in stock today. If you guys are looking for one you can try your luck there.

fdxJlXT.png

I've always wondered what that booth was all about. Thanks for the photo, hah.

I'd like to go but I'm way on the north-east end

god those Splatoon plushies... i neeeeed

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Any signs of PS4 Slim at SDM yet? I've got 95,000 points burning a hole in my pocket.

They aren't going to sell many Wii Us by making people demo that shit Pokemon fighting game.

lol, I think Pokken is pretty great, but it's definitely not the pick up and play game you'd think they'd have there.

zroid

Banned
Under the TV it looks like there's a list of games, I'm guessing the Wii U is set up so you can pick one of several games to demo

Any signs of PS4 Slim at SDM yet? I've got 95,000 points burning a hole in my pocket.

lol, I think Pokken is pretty great, but it's definitely not the pick up and play game you'd think they'd have there.

Under the TV it looks like there's a list of games, I'm guessing the Wii U is set up so you can pick one of several games to demo

I don't see that. I see an ad, though. (Pokken isn't in the images there). But I wouldn't be surprised if that's a possibility.

I wanted to like Pokken and I tried.

Btw, what ever happened to the Mini NES? Did it ever become available in Canada?

Asked the same question a page or so ago but got no reply. I'm not sure to be honest. It feels like it hasn't gone up yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it sold out super fast. I don't even know if its a limited run or not.

Still rocking my 720 sammy Plasma. I would wait a bit longer until 2017, where more manufacturers will be making OLED TVs, and save for that. It will be a bigger jump than going 4K.

My plan was to get something to hold me out until 4K technology was more standard, so I'm really not so sure anymore. I really do want to get a new TV sooner rather than later.

If a 720p Insignia is your benchmark, you could buy literally any TV out there right now and be blown away.

Ha I figured as much, but I still want to make sure I'm getting something that's fairly affordable and highly recommended.When it comes to TVs I know absolutely nothing.

Tapejara

Contacted Amazon about not getting my Banjo Nuts & Bolts code with my pre-order of Recore. First over live chat CS gave me a code, but it was an incomplete and I told them it was supposed to be 25 characters. He said he'd send my issue to marketing/promotional, and they emailed me today saying there is no promotional offer - despite the game's product page clearly saying there is.

khaaan

https://i.imgur.com/fdxJlXT.png

It's a pretty cool little booth. A few months ago they were in the center of the mall holding some event for kids. I'm a little picky when it comes to video gaming apparel, those shirts at the bottom right on the warp-pipe are a bit too obvious for me but if I remember correctly they had some stuff that was a bit more nuanced. After humming and hawing for a bit I ended up buying a Splatoon baseball cap even though I never wear baseball caps. The guy at the kiosk hooked me up with a free promotional poster for the game. They also had alternate cover arts for the game they were giving away for free but it looked and felt like someone printed it on their home printer.

Asked the same question a page or so ago but got no reply. I'm not sure to be honest. It feels like it hasn't gone up yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if it sold out super fast. I don't even know if its a limited run or not.

I don't think it's gone up yet in Canada. The only one that has any available is a third party seller on Amazon selling for way too much.

Ventara

Hey guys, kinda OT, but I need some help here with Ebay.

I started a return process on Ebay due to the item I received being not as described. Seller accepted and Ebay sent me a message that the seller has provided me a shipping label. The problem is I don't see where this return label is. Ebay says that they should have sent it either to my email or Ebay messages, but I don't see it there. I've contacted the seller and they haven't responded yet. I can't seem to escalate it to Ebay to tell them that I don't have a return shipping label despite them telling me that the seller already sent it.

If it matters the seller is in Canada.

zroid

Banned
Just canceled all the pending games from this year's Amazon E3 order

Get bent, Amazon

going to take someone's advice from earlier and get Pokémon digitally instead

Stage On

Just canceled all the pending games from this year's Amazon E3 order

Get bent, Amazon

going to take someone's advice from earlier and get Pokémon digitally instead

The problem with going digital on Nintendo is that some games are more expensive then the physical version in Canada which is just nuts.

zroid

Banned
The problem with going digital on Nintendo is that some games are more expensive then the physical version in Canada which is just nuts.

it'll probably be fine. all the recent Nintendo published 3DS retail games have had the same price on the eShop as far as I can see. Yokai Watch 2, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Bravely Second, Dragon Quest VII, etc.

Does anyone know if it's still possible to get a PSTV for a relatively decent price?

Cheapest I could find is $70 on ebay, which is way too much.

Ondore

it'll probably be fine. all the recent Nintendo published 3DS retail games have had the same price on the eShop as far as I can see. Yokai Watch 2, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Bravely Second, Dragon Quest VII, etc.

Pretty much, and you can "move to Alberta" for 10% off.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Back at the maximum point tier for SDM and I did confirm my local SDM has PS4 Slims in. But of course now I'm getting cold feet in regards to PS4 having about 5 games total that I really want. A steep price to pay for Persona 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom