• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sajjaja

Back at the maximum point tier for SDM and I did confirm my local SDM has PS4 Slims in. But of course now I'm getting cold feet in regards to PS4 having about 5 games total that I really want. A steep price to pay for Persona 5.
It's on ps3 as well. But not 60fps.

Sometimes I hate ordering online.

I bought another gift card to cover the rest of my order of 4 books.

Two books come out this fall: One September 20th, the other October 25th.
One comes out in February, on the 27th
The other comes out in April, on the 18th.

I assumed that the two earlier books would ship together with free shipping and the other two would maybe be sent together. However, every time I place the order it shows as this:

Arriving in April:
Two early releases plus April book

Arriving in February:

February book (alone)

Customer service tried to help me. They offered me free 1 day shipping. However, since I don't have a credit card they couldn't do it, as I worried.

Shoeless

actual its not 60fps on ps4 either, the youtube vids were just rendered in 60fps for the increase bitrate that youtube does for 60fps vids

Does make me wonder whether or not that's feasible for a Pro version, though with a turn-based JRPG, it's not like it would actually improve gameplay. On the other hand, technically, the Japanese version released before the "Pro Is Mandatory" date, so I don't know whether that same grace period extends to the North American version.

Okay, Amazon CS said they'd give me free one day shipping. I had to add a credit card, which I borrowed, for it to work. My gift cards wouldn't cover the extra $18+ shipping.

It went through as one day, then they deleted the shipping charge. However, my order still says the same shipping as above. She said not to worry about that, though, and that the books will be shipped on release.

It bugs my OCD, but I trust them.

iLLmAtlc

yeh I'm on Telus and it's spotty as fuck as of late. watch, I'm gonna drop connection and whatever shit my family's watching is gonna go

O. I have a conspiracy theory it's like this because they've overloaded their network with higher speeds and additional shaw customers due to shaw's recent 49 for 150mbps offer.

I've been on hold with tech for 30 mins now so I doubt we're alone. I'll let you know what they say.

iLLmAtlc

Telus Update

So the dude on the phone said he reset some things on his end, I unplugged my cable box and re-plugged it, and so far the jittering has gone away. It was intermittent before anyway, so who knows if it'll come back.

SickBoy

Telus Update

So the dude on the phone said he reset some things on his end, I unplugged my cable box and re-plugged it, and so far the jittering has gone away. It was intermittent before anyway, so who knows if it'll come back.

I have had something like that happen before and it did require a box reset and possibly something on their end as well. I'm generally quite satisfied with Telus and also quite like their boxes, but they do seem a little less bulletproof in terms of performance than I remember Shaw being.

Rbk_3

Okay, Amazon CS said they'd give me free one day shipping. I had to add a credit card, which I borrowed, for it to work. My gift cards wouldn't cover the extra $18+ shipping.

It went through as one day, then they deleted the shipping charge. However, my order still says the same shipping as above. She said not to worry about that, though, and that the books will be shipped on release.

It bugs my OCD, but I trust them.

Why don't you have a credit card? You know how much cashback you're missing out on?

Mupod

So SMT was getting close to shipping from amazon but it was ordered with my old credit card that expired. I contacted support last night to update the payment information and told them I had received my replacement card, it had the same number as the old card but a different billing address (I moved right before the expiry).

Representative swore up and down that everything was fine and it'd ship today. Just now: order needs revised payment information, need to contact CS to update it. facepalm

Honestly will probably just cancel and wait on a sale. I don't have time to play this right now. Hell I never even finished SMT4.

Windam

Scaley member
Just looked my E3 preorder list and now only FF12 had the discount on it ($55.99) while everything else is at $79.96/99. Dafuq, Amazon

I was thinking of trying to see my bundle for a profit, but I don't know if its worth it

It's weird. There doesn't seem to be that much demand but preorders are sold out everywhere. Guess a lot of people just wanted to hold on to one.

If someone is planning to cancel a non bundle from Best Buy can you post in here. I might try and nab it.

Hopping on the PSVR cancellation train. I want it but it is astoundingly overpriced, especially considering Sony's track record of supporting accessories.

Which accessories do you have in mind? I mean, they've been supporting cameras since the PS2 (the original EyeToy came out in 2003) and Move is still around. I don't think they're going to drop either of them since they're more or less required for VR.

Not disagreeing on price, though. The shit dollar is making everything unaffordable, or at least doing a good job of making me feel ripped off every time I consider buying something.

Kyolux

No way I'm cancelling.

I'm all in on PS VR. Just the games releasing for it up to Resident Evil 7 are enough for me to justify it.

Helps I guess that I already have the cam and move controllers so I don't need the bundle. But I have enough aside for the headset and 200 or 300 in software.

Gitaroo

Which accessories do you have in mind? I mean, they've been supporting cameras since the PS2 (the original EyeToy came out in 2003) and Move is still around. I don't think they're going to drop either of them since they're more or less required for VR.

Not disagreeing on price, though. The shit dollar is making everything unaffordable, or at least doing a good job of making me feel ripped off every time I consider buying something.

just not support their tv appearently.

krae_man

I'm cancelling mine. I've had a good 15-20 PSVR demos and there's not much in the way of actual games yet and that won't change for a while I don't think.

Not to mention PS5 and VR2 are likely coming in 3 years.

Moltenix

How long you reckon it'll take SMT4A to get a decent digital price drop? Maybe ~$40?

Thinking of dropping my Amazon order but I dunno...

Clive

How long you reckon it'll take SMT4A to get a decent digital price drop? Maybe ~$40?

Thinking of dropping my Amazon order but I dunno...

Stella Glow which is also from Atlus and launched at a lower price has not dropped below $50 since it launched and that was over a year ago.

The handheld retail market is an absolute disaster this gen and price drops are very rare. It's not unthinkable with a sale around Black Friday or Boxing Day though.

jzbluz

I contacted Amazon's cs because I was charged the wrong price for SMTIV, and they gave me $5 promotional credit. Now I wish I had contacted them for Style Savvy instead of just cancelling the order when I saw they didn't apply the promotion for it.

Xenoflare

Stella Glow which is also from Atlus and launched at a lower price has not dropped below $50 since it launched and that was over a year ago.

The handheld retail market is an absolute disaster this gen and price drops are very rare. It's not unthinkable with a sale around Black Friday or Boxing Day though.

SMT games does have lots of sales on PSN, and I remember SMT IV had a quite a drop. The Etrian games had enough sales during one point it stayed on sale longer than it is full price for a time.

However, that's back in the day where the games aren't as inflated. ($60/$40 era)

Edit: This does make me wonder if I should pass this game like I initially thought I would, gonna suck it up and walk in EB tomorrow and try my luck, my expectations are they are going to tell me sorry you didn't give us $5, Atlus is slowly getting me in my nerves with their prices

Why don't you have a credit card? You know how much cashback you're missing out on?

It's my fault. I haven't gone to try to get one, because I get overwhelmed at the thought of which one to get and which is best.

I've just borrowed my parents' in the past, but I need to get my own. I don't have any credit.

I hardly ever ordered online before, but now I'm starting to more and more.

Clive

SMT games does have lots of sales on PSN, and I remember SMT IV had a quite a drop. The Etrian games had enough sales during one point it stayed on sale longer than it is full price for a time.

However, that's back in the day where the games aren't as inflated. ($60/$40 era)

Edit: This does make me wonder if I should pass this game like I initially thought I would, gonna suck it up and walk in EB tomorrow and try my luck, my expectations are they are going to tell me sorry you didn't give us $5, Atlus is slowly getting me in my nerves with their prices

Yeah, my bad. I didn't see he was asking about digital. Atlus does have those more frequently than any other publisher.

Xenoflare

Yeah, my bad. I didn't see he was asking about digital. Atlus does have those more frequently than any other publisher.

Atlus physical has another problem altogether, I don't recall their games ever ships copies that aren't preordered ones.

Back when my local EB joint was good, I had a chat with the manager at the time when picking up SMT IV and she commented on how Atlus shipped extra copies enough for the store to sell them to walkins like it's a rare occurrence, and it is in fact.

Edit: You are absolutely right about the sales on physical 3ds games, the last time I got something on sale it was Project X Zone 2, and I recall if was a real sale of a game in a very, very long time.

eyesradar

Atlus physical has another problem altogether, I don't recall their games ever ships copies that aren't preordered ones.

Back when my local EB joint was good, I had a chat with the manager at the time when picking up SMT IV and she commented on how Atlus shipped extra copies enough for the store to sell them to walkins like it's a rare occurrence, and it is in fact.

Edit: You are absolutely right about the sales on physical 3ds games, the last time I got something on sale it was Project X Zone 2, and I recall if was a real sale of a game in a very, very long time.

My local EB never had extra copies for Altus games. Never.

The last time I got something on sale on 3DS was the $5 code name steam clearance sale...Nintendo basically had a clearance sale for all the overstock games and amiibos..so I grabbed two $5 copies at EB and then traded them in at a local Bestbuy for 25 bucks each....then I used the $25 x 2 immediately, bought an 3-pack animal crossing amiibo set and the stupid WiiU animal crossing game (which comes with 2 amiibos).

So yeah $10 for 5 amiibos and a game, I am sorry Nintendo America. $70 for a goddamn Isabelle amiibo is just too much. Had to figure it out.

Xenoflare

My local EB never had extra copies for Altus games. Never.

The last time I got something on sale on 3DS was the $5 code name steam clearance sale...Nintendo basically had a clearance sale for all the overstock games and amiibos..so I grabbed two $5 copies at EB and then traded them in at a local Bestbuy for 25 bucks each....then I used the $25 x 2 immediately, bought an 3-pack animal crossing amiibo set and the stupid WiiU animal crossing game (which comes with 2 amiibos).

So yeah $10 for 5 amiibos and a game, I am sorry Nintendo America. $70 for a goddamn Isabelle amiibo is just too much. Had to figure it out.

Apparently it has something to do with preorder numbers, once it exceeds a certain number the store will get a much bigger shipment so it can sell to walkins

Apparently it has something to do with preorder numbers, once it exceeds a certain number the store will get a much bigger shipment so it can sell to walkins

I always see atlus titles here in Montreal so this must depend on the area. Persona Q, EOU2, EO mystery dungeon, legend of legacy, stella glow, etc are still available in most eb games around here.

Xenoflare

I always see atlus titles here in Montreal so this must depend on the area. Persona Q, EOU2, EO mystery dungeon, legend of legacy, stella glow, etc are still available in most eb games around here.

In my case it's a complete crapshoot, but for most of the cases the games usually disappear after a week or two and never comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom